MP Native Kingdoms [Persistent Kingdoms Successor]

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe some people don't want to change their steam name based on one game?
Again people play other games where you have to and no one gives a damn, if it's that much of an issue for you try and talk to the TW devs that you talk to or whatever. I think you're **** outa luck until they do something.

This is pretty important tbh. Clan tags are pretty necessary for in-game purposes, and asking hundreds of people to change their steam name permanently is just bonkers.
Steam names aren't permanent. Takes three seconds to change it. Steam name changes are free and can be changed as often as you want. If people want to be in a clan, they'll just have to change for banner calls. Why take time away from other facets of development for something petty? I'm all for having it as steam names; less hiding and doing edgy **** with assumed names.

both ways of teleporting were already possible back then, so that'll be added again
And on the Admin Armor topic, not sure if that is going to be a thing anyways, there are probably better ways to make an admin noticeable / mark a character as Administrator. Might just make a return for nostalgic reasons, but there is no necessity in my eyes.

From what I recall on PW, both were an option but every set of scripts I've seen widely used, one of these was changed for teleporting players to you rather than you to them. If you plan on keeping both, that'll be very nice.

I'm curious what ways you'd 'mark' an administrator without some sort of visual armor, etc. Looking forward to seeing how you handle that. Further; are carts going to be destroyable/craftable? If we use the PW system - how carts were limited and destroyable, would it be far fetched to request a 'reset carts' function like it was for ships?

I recall scripts having to be added where you could shoot floating carts with a certain bow and specific arrows to pull it back to you. Definitely feel like a reset button would be easier.

Last edited:
Steam names aren't permanent. Takes three seconds to change it. Steam name changes are free and can be changed as often as you want. If people want to be in a clan, they'll just have to change for banner calls. Why take time away from other facets of development for something petty? I'm all for having it as steam names; less hiding and doing edgy **** with assumed names.
You kind of contradict yourself right there. If it takes three seconds to change, then how would it make it any different from changing your in-game name to "hide" and do "edgy ****"? And, no, nobody's saying it's cumbersome, I'm saying that its a hassle, people won't want to, people will forget to, etc. It would be such a better system if you could have an in-game name that could be changed. Bannerlord Online did it, so obviously it is possible. Are you really expecting hundreds of people to want to and remember to change their steam name to something specific? What if they don’t want to? What if their friends know them as “Edward” and not “Levy_Walnut_Lannister”? They see this levy walnut and wonder who the **** is this guy? Delete. Sure, many people have nicknames for close friends, but it’s adding way too much potential stupidity.
Further; are carts going to be destroyable/craftable? If we use the PW system - how carts were limited and destroyable, would it be far fetched to request a 'reset carts' function like it was for ships?
What carts are you talking about? I don't know what mod you were playing, but in PW and PK, carts were a prop added in through the scene editor and could not be destroyed.

You pretend like this is going to take a huge amount of time in development. It's due to the simple fact it was a good feature used by many in warband. I, for one, don't want to change my steam names to go on a server, and I am confident many don't either.

Quality of life improvements are also part of development, and so is changing your name. Making people go all the way on their steam profile to change the username is absurd and shouldn't be a thing for a mod like persistent world. And what if they have edgy names? It's still tied to the steam64 ID for the user, and he can be banned regardless of the name he takes.

All you're doing with this is alienating people from playing in clans or the mod as a whole by forcing them to change their steam username to something they don't want to do for whatever personal reason they have.

You pretend like this is going to take a huge amount of time in development. It's due to the simple fact it was a good feature used by many in warband. I, for one, don't want to change my steam names to go on a server, and I am confident many don't either.

Quality of life improvements are also part of development, and so is changing your name. Making people go all the way on their steam profile to change the username is absurd and shouldn't be a thing for a mod like persistent world. And what if they have edgy names? It's still tied to the steam64 ID for the user, and he can be banned regardless of the name he takes.

All you're doing with this is alienating people from playing in clans or the mod as a whole by forcing them to change their steam username to something they don't want to do for whatever personal reason they have.
Can I just note on this - just think of the more roleplay communities where there have FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME. Imagine that as your steam that? That's just silly. Not only that, some people in a day change characters 2-3 times, that means changing your name that many times - how inconvenient and silly is this? Just give us the option to use our steam name or pick a name ourselves and use a dropdown menu to pick them.

as it is currently, player IDs look like this (take straight from the History.json file you can find in your own documents):
"PlayerId": "2.0.0.76561198060843944",
2 indicates its a steam ID, 0 and 0 no clue, rest is literally just steam64 ID.
Other platforms such as Epic Games have other starting numbers and then their own ID system.
mh good catch, this is something we need to be aware about on a technical level, haven't tought that far (y) #60

On the topic of name changes/profiles etc.:
Imo a simple namechange for the currently connected client should be possible. It should be automatically boradcasted to all other players, like in global chat or something in that direction, it should be transparent for other players. It might also make sense for name changes to have a rate limit so people don't spam their name changes or there is a way for players to still uniquely identify a player based on some sort of ingame profile or something. We'll see about that.

I actually like the idea of multiple profiles, however very very looooow priority in development imo, at least at the beginning. You can put a heck ton of thought into the topic of profiles, not so much on the player/user side but which impact and interconnectivity a profile has. Like stats, inventory, tracabillity, configuration etc.
In the end, I guess the best thing is that by default, a client/player gets a newly created profile on his first ever join on a server, which will just be technically something barebone to extend later on. Thats the base. Later on we can expand on this system for a single client/player to have multiple profiles on one server. Since this is apparently already a topic to fight over, this can just be optional. Server can toggle single or multiple profiles per player. ez pz.

But as I said, not really a high prio topic in my eyes, at least at the moment, gameplay is still somewhat the top tier, these, as it was already mentioned "qualitify of life" features will be postponed till later on or until really necessary to progress with other systems/features.

Last edited:
You kind of contradict yourself right there. If it takes three seconds to change, then how would it make it any different from changing your in-game name to "hide" and do "edgy ****"? And, no, nobody's saying it's cumbersome, I'm saying that its a hassle, people won't want to, people will forget to, etc. It would be such a better system if you could have an in-game name that could be changed. Bannerlord Online did it, so obviously it is possible. Are you really expecting hundreds of people to want to and remember to change their steam name to something specific? What if they don’t want to? What if their friends know them as “Edward” and not “Levy_Walnut_Lannister”? They see this levy walnut and wonder who the **** is this guy? Delete. Sure, many people have nicknames for close friends, but it’s adding way too much potential stupidity.

What carts are you talking about? I don't know what mod you were playing, but in PW and PK, carts were a prop added in through the scene editor and could not be destroyed.

I contradict myself? How so? Your steam name history is a thing. Unless you spam name changes to hide a name beyond what steam will retain. Which, fair enough, I could see people doing it. If I have Froi on steam, see he's launching bannerlord and his steam name is 'Chowski_the_*****' or 'RoyIsSmug', well I can safety assume who Im seeing in game.

I'm not expecting hundreds of people to change their names. The clan leaders are. This is a TW decision when they made the game. I just don't see how this is that big of an issue or inconvenience that anyone would get upset about it at this stage in the mod. Then again, to be fair, I've never hid behind assumed names on PW, nor have I ever given a **** about clans or clan tags. To each their own.

Also; my mistake in typing that out so early in the morning. There were no destroyable carts - meant indestructible there. Still, a reset button would be a good addition if carts remain the same.

It's going to take more time than it really needs to, considering the mod isn't even out yet. Quality of life is fine, by all means, but we don't even have a functioning mod yet. I'd rather see gameplay before worrying about changing my name to 'meme_lord' to screw with people I have on steam, without them knowing its me.

I'm not alienating anyone. This isn't a decision Bridge is making, its coded into the game by the literal developer. As stated above, I just don't see what the big deal is, nor do I see why this is a talking point before we've even got a functioning beta for the mod. Changing your name is part of development? Say what? I'd rather see a functioning mod with carts that dont throw people across the map than worry about anyone changing their name because they choose to run clan tags.

It's going to take more time than it really needs to, considering the mod isn't even out yet. Quality of life is fine, by all means, but we don't even have a functioning mod yet. I'd rather see gameplay before worrying about changing my name to 'meme_lord' to screw with people I have on steam, without them knowing its me.
Your point changed because now you're saying it should be a low priority, your previous post made it seem like you didn't want it completely. Yes, it is a low priority, but it is something needed nonetheless.

I'm not alienating anyone. This isn't a decision Bridge is making, its coded into the game by the literal developer. As stated above, I just don't see what the big deal is, nor do I see why this is a talking point before we've even got a functioning beta for the mod. Changing your name is part of development? Say what? I'd rather see a functioning mod with carts that dont throw people across the map than worry about anyone changing their name because they choose to run clan tags.
Yes you are alienating people if you don't think it should not be a thing, but as stated previously you said it should be a low priority which is agreed upon.

I already told you why it's a big deal for many people and is a thing that would not change anything to users who just want to use their steam names. There is no downside to this, only upside.

Your point changed because now you're saying it should be a low priority, your previous post made it seem like you didn't want it completely. Yes, it is a low priority, but it is something needed nonetheless.

Yes you are alienating people if you don't think it should not be a thing, but as stated previously you said it should be a low priority which is agreed upon.

I already told you why it's a big deal for many people and is a thing that would not change anything to users who just want to use their steam names. There is no downside to this, only upside.

I never said not to do it, perhaps I was unclear. I just don't see the need for it, especially right now. I really just see it as a minor inconvenience that the clans just dont wanna deal with, but to each their own.

But back to the actual topic, and from my previous post that was drowned in debate;
Are carts going to be destroyable/craftable? If we use the PW system - how carts were limited and couldn't be destroyed, would it be far fetched to request a 'reset carts' function like it was for ships?

I recall scripts having to be added where you could shoot floating carts with a certain bow and specific arrows to pull it back to you. Definitely feel like a reset button would be easier.

Are carts going to be destroyable/craftable? If we use the PW system - how carts were limited and couldn't be destroyed, would it be far fetched to request a 'reset carts' function like it was for ships?
I think the current system is fine. Sure, sometimes people take carts to other places, leave them behind, etc. and you won’t see a cart in the castle. That’s part of the fun, though. If it’s not easily available in the castle, you’ll have to find it. I’ve had a lot of fun going to a nearby castle and forcefully liberating some carts from an enemy because we had none. As long as a server has rules against hogging all the carts on the map, it will be fine. Also, what if the castle is out of the resource to make the cart? Go gather it but, oh, wait. You don’t have a cart to do that. So you have to keep running back, bringing the wood back. Seems like the opposite of fun.

I guess smaller carts would make sense to be crafted more than bigger carts because smaller carts would be used by many individual people which are used more and would prevent these feuds in the faction about the smaller carts. I am not so fan on it for the big carts for reasons stated above but a mixture of how it was in PW and a reiteration of it would just need to be tested first i suppose and see how it fits gameplay.

I thought about some sort of durabillity system for unused carts: if the designated card/boat is too far away from any player for N amount of time and|or unused for N amount of time, it will slowly degrade over time until it despawns, making room for new props to be crafted(there is probably an option to make limits on these things). So making them destroyable would be a result of said mechanic. Not sure about it yet tho, might be too much work for such a small triviality, but definitely something to think about

I thought about some sort of durabillity system for unused carts: if the designated card/boat is too far away from any player for N amount of time and|or unused for N amount of time, it will slowly degrade over time until it despawns, making room for new props to be crafted(there is probably an option to make limits on these things). So making them destroyable would be a result of said mechanic. Not sure about it yet tho, might be too much work for such a small triviality, but definitely something to think about
It would for sure open the possibility for a more dynamic economy, the way it works now is that not many things actually consume resources constantly. Sure armor could be considered a thing that is "consumed" in the sense it will despawn but for carts it would give the possibility of having to constantly make usage of things such as wood for instance instead of armor that can be crafted into full stock and never goes away.

In the end would have to see if it fits well with the mod i suppose, but it's a good thought nonetheless.

Seems like a lot of work. Perhaps in a much later update, best not to waste time on it at the start.

I think the current system is fine. Sure, sometimes people take carts to other places, leave them behind, etc. and you won’t see a cart in the castle. That’s part of the fun, though. If it’s not easily available in the castle, you’ll have to find it. I’ve had a lot of fun going to a nearby castle and forcefully liberating some carts from an enemy because we had none. As long as a server has rules against hogging all the carts on the map, it will be fine. Also, what if the castle is out of the resource to make the cart? Go gather it but, oh, wait. You don’t have a cart to do that. So you have to keep running back, bringing the wood back. Seems like the opposite of fun.
Again, it's my opinion that we need to try to limit the amount of rules with smart game and map design. This feature with carts decaying after not being used for a couple hours or being craftable would solve the issue of people hogging carts, and thus not need a rule for it. And you realize it would probably take the same amount of time or less to cut a tree down real quick outside the castle and craft one rather than going castle to castle hoping they have one you can steal, especially if maps are larger in Kingdoms. If for some reason people find fun in going cart scavenger hunting, then let them do that, but I would also like to see a crafting system for people that don't like brainlessly wandering around hoping to find what they're looking for. 2 options, best of both worlds!

Obviously this and other features will come a bit later in development and consideration, according to the roadmap.

Last edited:
Again, it's my opinion that we need to try to limit the amount of rules with smart game and map design. This feature with carts decaying after not being used for a couple hours or being craftable would solve the issue of people hogging carts, and thus not need a rule for it. And you realize it would probably take the same amount of time or less to cut a tree down real quick outside the castle and craft one rather than going castle to castle hoping they have one you can steal, especially if maps are larger in Kingdoms. If for some reason people find fun in going cart scavenger hunting, then let them do that, but I would also like to see a crafting system for people that don't like brainlessly wandering around hoping to find what they're looking for. 2 options, best of both worlds!

Obviously this and other features will come a bit later in development and consideration, according to the roadmap.
It's a good idea for sure, though other considerations such as cart blocking have to be made, sure it can be destroyed, but a clan might be persistent enough to make such a long wall of them it can make it unplayable during a siege. Something that flags which faction a cart belongs and limiting the amount it can build can be a thing to be considered to handle both limit of carts per faction and the spamming of it.

But ofc we have to see how far the engine lets the devs go

It's a good idea for sure, though other considerations such as cart blocking have to be made, sure it can be destroyed, but a clan might be persistent enough to make such a long wall of them it can make it unplayable during a siege. Something that flags which faction a cart belongs and limiting the amount it can build can be a thing to be considered to handle both limit of carts per faction and the spamming of it.

But ofc we have to see how far the engine lets the devs go
The idea of using carts as blockades could be interesting. As long as they aren’t using a massive amount of them, like limiting the amount of carts a faction can use, could be pretty interesting. I always thought it would look cool to be blocking/funneling people with carts as it just looks cool, but it was too op in PW. Could be cool to see this.

One question though: what happens to any items inside the cart when it is destroyed? Do they drop like when someone dies in Minecraft? Be in some sort of “blood spot” like in PW? Do they just disappear?

You just gave an example of one of literally least fun experiences for the majority of the community. What new, clanless player, is going to storm your castle - and I can say that because I've literally seen your clan horde carts - and find that to be anything resembling 'fun'? Consider the new players we are all hoping for and what they might find enjoyable, rather than the small community of PW. And I was the one accused of alienating people over a steam name? lmao.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm all for degradable carts. With smart map design and with knowledge of how **** was broken in the past, the less rules we need. The less rules the better.

You just gave an example of one of literally least fun experiences for the majority of the community. What new, clanless player, is going to storm your castle - and I can say that because I've literally seen your clan horde carts - and find that to be anything resembling 'fun'?
People attack castles all the time, especially when there aren’t many defenders/clan members on. Ever heard of a pub war? They happen almost every day. Few people declare war, more and more join over time until small skirmishes turn into an all-out siege. Fun for all involved. Btw, I don’t know who exactly you are referring to as “the majority of the community”, because 80-90% of players are either in clans, about to join one, or part of a family tag group, all of which are totally fine with such chicanery.
Consider the new players we are all hoping for and what they might find enjoyable, rather than the small community of PW.
Seeing as hundreds of people have enjoyed how PW has gone, after all these years are still playing (late last year on NA, even now on EU) and want to come back when the Bannerlord version comes out, I think the way PW is played isn’t the problem. Reinventing the wheel isn’t necessary.
And I was the one accused of alienating people over a steam name? lmao.
Yes.
With smart map design and with knowledge of how **** was broken in the past, the less rules we need. The less rules the better.
Map design really doesn’t have anything to do with it tbh. The “core” rules of A) halting/demanding B) war/war zones C) clogging D) any outlaw rules and E) glitching/abusing scripts are really the only rules that are totally necessary, though it’s not as simple as that. Details need to be given to avoid unwanted outcomes but, like Bridge said, this isn’t the place to discuss server stuff.

As for the breakable vs. placed prop cart debate, I really don’t give a **** either way. I suppose I lean towards the latter as with breakable ones you are removing an aspect of gameplay which has been important in the past and has at the very least made an impact on things. Want to go for a gold mining trip? Gotta find 3 or 4 carts. Instead, you can just grab some wood and craft them. You’re losing something with that system, even if it’s something small, small gimmicks like that build up quick.

In general, I think we should move towards more “aspects” of gameplay rather than less. For example, revamping the crafting system, making farming more in depth, with more preparation stages. It’s things like that which clear up a lot of the monotony of what in reality is just left clicking and pressing f over and over, as at its core there really isn’t much to do on PW. And, if that means it will be slightly more inconvenient to get a cart, that’s okay with me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom