Archers need to be nerfed

Users who are viewing this thread

Archers are fine apart from the heavy archer classes having a bit too much armor imo (looking at especially you, Khuzait khan's guard with rediculous base armor of 38. Of course some weapon options are also a bit questionable, but nothing too broken or crazy.

Last edited:
Archers are fine apart from the heavy archer classes having a bit too much armor imo (looking at especially you, Khuzait khan's guard with rediculous base armor of 3:cool:. Of course some weapon options are also a bit questionable, but nothing too broken or crazy.
Vlandia's heavy archer can one-hit bodyshot most things in the game, and has enough armor to forgive a decent amount of mistakes in melee combat.

The upcoming nerfs to blunt weapons will likely make the Sharpshooter even more immortal than before.

Vlandia's heavy archer can one-hit bodyshot most things in the game, and has enough armor to forgive a decent amount of mistakes in melee combat.
It can't one-hit bodyshot even the peasant classes right now I think. On heavy troops (heavy inf/archers) it's something along 3-4hit on body depending on range and relative speed.
most things in the game
And we're talking about MP here right?

The upcoming nerfs to blunt weapons will likely make the Sharpshooter even more immortal than before.
You can pretty much 2-3 hit a sharpshooter depending on the melee weapon. The massive 2hander axes can oneshot them I'm pretty sure.
Also, saying that the sharpshooter is "immortal" is the biggest stretch I've heard in a while. It's literally the heavy archer class with the least armor (24/33) along with the battanian fiann.

It can't one-hit bodyshot even the peasant classes right now I think. On heavy troops (heavy inf/archers) it's something along 3-4hit on body depending on range and relative speed.
And we're talking about MP here right?
Crossbow bolts deal Pierce damage, which is meant to simulate a pickaxe strike or spear thrust when it comes to meleeing armored opponents. The velocity at which a projectile fired by the Arbalest travels is such that when it hits something, it's gonna do >100 damage against most classes in the game.

You can pretty much 2-3 hit a sharpshooter depending on the melee weapon. The massive 2hander axes can oneshot them I'm pretty sure.
Also, saying that the sharpshooter is "immortal" is the biggest stretch I've heard in a while. It's literally the heavy archer class with the least armor (24/33) along with the battanian fiann.
24 armor will still shrug off most cut weapons since the only thing that can even get close enough is a peasant or heavy infantry with a shield, with the heavy inf likely the only thing that has the best chances of surviving a single Arbalest hit. The realistic scenario is that a heavy infantry would be wounded by the time he closes in on the Sharpshooter, lands a few cuts, but only needs 2-3 hits to die to the Vlandian long sword.

The best way to deal with Sharpshooters from my experience with Bannerlord multiplayer is to actually have blunt weapons to ignore their armor. And just to reconfirm, I'm pretty sure that all heavy archers have a similar amount of armor save for the Khan's Guard. It's just that every other archer needs to aim for the head for their one-hit-kill whereas the Vlandian heavy archer doesn't. With that in mind, I think my assumption is fair when I call the Sharpshooter a boss battle at best, and a god mode cheat at worst.

Last edited:
24 armor will still shrug off most cut weapons
What? :grin: It just doesn't does it? A crossbowman with only 24 armor will get absolutely minced by some heavy infantry.
with the heavy inf likely the only thing that has the best chances of surviving a single Arbalest hit.
The arbalest doesn't have any chance of one-shotting a heavy infantryman. Pretty sure the only way is if the enemy rides at you with some speed and you land a headshot. It does like 80 damage to even enemy light archers at medium-long range.
The realistic scenario is that a heavy infantry would be wounded by the time he closes in on the Sharpshooter
Possibly, but not by the sharpshooter if he has a shield. In a melee fight a heavy inf is way superior. If you think "24 armor will still shrug off most cut weapons" then what does the heavy inf's 50-something armor do? According to that logic, the sharpshooter's sword would keep bouncing off the heavy inf's armor.
I'm pretty sure that all light archers have a similar amount of armor save for the Khan's Guard
What? :grin: Khan's Guard is a heavy archer class.
It's just that every other archer needs to aim for the head for their one-hit-kill whereas the Vlandian heavy archer doesn't.
Sharpshooter still doesn't just one-shot everything... Plus archers can walk while reloading, which gives them an advantage vs. crossbowmen.

No no and one more time no. Archers should be a meaningful unit in the game, not just a useless unit for a change. They are already pretty heavily nerfed by the slowdown. If you want to play not in interesting complex battles, but in melee vs melee battles, you always have a duel mode, or wait for private servers with archers completely removed, and have fun there!

No no and one more time no. Archers should be a meaningful unit in the game, not just a useless unit for a change. They are already pretty heavily nerfed by the slowdown. If you want to play not in interesting complex battles, but in melee vs melee battles, you always have a duel mode, or wait for private servers with archers completely removed, and have fun there!
The other guys have made archers a decent supporting unit, but have also imposed class limits to prevent other classes from being unplayable.

Meanwhile, an all-archer team can render infantry and cavalry unplayable, forcing the other team to also roll an all-archer team too, and I'm pretty sure i'm not the only person who has a problem with this considering Bannerlord's multiplayer player count vs the Epic Exclusive counterpart.

Archers have been nerfed heavily and nerfing them further would just make this a melee only game.
However Xbows must be nerfed, especially for tdm/siege/battle modes.

I agree with your point of view very much. Archers should cancel two-handed weapons, increase the radius of the bow, and increase the damage and movement speed. It's balanced.

Back
Top Bottom