companions should come back to u when escape captivity

Users who are viewing this thread

RodLimitless

Recruit
i dont wanna run around halfway across africa to visit each town to find companions once they esacpe.

we shouldnt need mods nor ctrl/alt click to teleport around the map just fo rthis

like every other lord, when released they go back to their town/castle owned by their clan. Thankfully I mod so I can get them easier. When dealing with broken issues that will never get fixed just mod, that's what a dev told me "You can always mod"

We discussed this some time ago and worked on additional clan management options (send/recall/exchange) to resolve this.
Nice to hear! Can you guys also add shortcut buttons to Kingdom tab so players can easily hire mercenary clans into their kingdoms as AI does? Because when you're the king, it's very hard to catch a direct conversation with mercenary clan leaders, which are scattered around the world, + considering your other duties like recruitments, management and military campaigns, there is almost no free time to pursue them.

My suggestion can work like this: There will be a section regarding list of mercenary clans at Kingdom tab. Their payment demands, current troop situation and current employment situation will also be listed. Player will be able to hire them with clicking "Hire" button. AI kingdoms hires AI mercenaries without contacting them so this feature wouldn't provide unfair advantage to the player.

Until additional options can be implemented why not just have escaped clan members pop back at your fiefs like the AI does. The AI can do it but our clan members cant. Just like when we get released after capture we have to try and work our way out of enemy territory or get captured over and over but the AI get to spawn at their fiefs. These are issues 12 months old that havent been worked on. I don't get why the Ai gets the advantage that we don't. why don't the ai have to escape from our fiefs so I can capture them over and over like we have too????

Nice to hear! Can you guys also add shortcut buttons to Kingdom tab so players can easily hire mercenary clans into their kingdoms as AI does? Because when you're the king, it's very hard to catch a direct conversation with mercenary clan leaders, which are scattered around the world, + considering your other duties like recruitments, management and military campaigns, there is almost no free time to pursue them.

My suggestion can work like this: There will be a section regarding list of mercenary clans at Kingdom tab. Their payment demands, current troop situation and current employment situation will also be listed. Player will be able to hire them with clicking "Hire" button. AI kingdoms hires AI mercenaries without contacting them so this feature wouldn't provide unfair advantage to the player.
I think it would be nice to introduce something that would make this a bit easier (whether it is what you describe or representatives that appear in towns occasionally or a conversation with your governor or simply another circle notification with an offer), but so far this is not being actively worked on.

Until additional options can be implemented why not just have escaped clan members pop back at your fiefs like the AI does.
The escape/fugitive system is generic so it is already the same for player and npc clan members.

Interesting, does that mean prisoner exchange?
Exchange - Not having to disband a party and create a new one to change leaders.

I think it would be nice to introduce something that would make this a bit easier (whether it is what you describe or representatives that appear in towns occasionally or simply another circle notification with an offer), but so far this is not being actively worked on.

Exchange - Not having to disband a party and create a new one to change leaders.
exchange leaders is a great idea, saves a ton of wasted time, also the ability to give skill points was amazing for group leaders, but one thing was sorely missed was equipment changes.. To do that we still have to exchange leaders. I know keeping their gear accessible is a little difficult especially if they aren't in the army it wouldn't be right but a way to change gear would be amazing

but so far this is not being actively worked on.

I hope that changes, it's a very obvious problem to anyone playing a campaign and there's been multiple threads about it going back a long time. Can I ask if it has been discussed before? If so, why was it not worked on? From a design perspective, this seems like a clear issue that should've been dealt with long ago. AI being able to hire merc factions out of thin air while the player has to chase them down manually is simply poor design. Like Epil said, being able to hire them via the kingdom menu (or similar) makes perfect sense as well as being fair.

I hope that changes, it's a very obvious problem to anyone playing a campaign and there's been multiple threads about it going back a long time. Can I ask if it has been discussed before? If so, why was it not worked on? From a design perspective, this seems like a clear issue that should've been dealt with long ago. AI being able to hire merc factions out of thin air while the player has to chase them down manually is simply poor design. Like Epil said, being able to hire them via the kingdom menu (or similar) makes perfect sense as well as being fair.
+1
Ai get too many advantages over the player, things should have been done a year ago and not gone on this long, we shouldn't have the rely on mods to fix things that should be in the native game

So basically it's a case of:

"Well, these things would be nice to have... but we aren't working on ANY of them ... (and we probably won't) ... but hey, we did talk about some of them once!"

Haha awesome, TaleWorlds!

Glad to see that the company is keeping up its incredibly high standards.

Last edited:
So basically it's a case of:

"Well, these things would be nice to have... but we aren't working on ANY of them ... (and we probably won't) ... but hey, we did talk about some of them once!"

Haha awesome, TaleWorlds!

Glad to see that the company is keeping up its incredibly high standards.
That's certainly not what I said. I guess whatever fits the narrative?

That's certainly not what I said. I guess whatever fits the narrative?

Haha the 'narrative' is a direct result of Bannerlord's development process.

If development was better...then the 'narrative' would also be much better.

It's really that simple.

If Taleworlds would commit to adding more of the basic features that warband and viking conquest and if the pace of development was reasonable .... instead of snail's pace .... then you would have an utterly amazing response and narrative here.

Basically... it's up to you guys at TW if you want to generate optimism here instead of cynicism.

Last edited:
You are in control of your own actions, so please don't put words in my mouth that spread misinformation. At best it discourages interaction.

Edith - Just to be clear why I am pointing this out.. your summary is essentially the opposite of what I noted.

Last edited:
You are in control of your own actions, so please don't put words in my mouth that spread misinformation. At best it discourages interaction.

Well you have to admit -providing crumbs to a starving man with ambiguous answers on bread only fosters this type of desperate and negative theories. YOU ALL are in charge of that and should expect as much. Have a meeting, decide what you can reveal as concrete measures like so many other game companies do -and watch the fringe theories dissipate like magic.

From a professional viewpoint, Interaction should be viewed as a regular necessity....regardless of feelings ... and not a kind of 'privilege' for the community.

Just in my opinion.

Didn't mean to p*ss you off, @Duh_TaleWorlds.

If I did ... then sorry.

Last edited:
Well you have to admit -providing crumbs to a starving man with ambiguous answers on bread only fosters this type of desperate and negative theories.
Not really. The OP inquired about an issue, he received a reply that we recognize the issue and have a solution for it. Steve could have asked about the things that he may have felt ambiguous. He chose something else. In any case, this is quite offtopic.

Have a meeting, decide what you can reveal as concrete measures like so many other game companies do -and watch the fringe theories dissipate like magic.
The larger priorities for the game have been shared for some time now. More specific inquiries don't usually warrant a meeting.

Back
Top Bottom