What Do You Guys Play For?

Users who are viewing this thread

M&B has always been in a similar place as say Crusader Kings. Afterall what do you do in Crusader Kings really? Paint the map? Make a Dynasty? None of these things are strictly too difficult nor offer any real reward at the end.
I have hundreds of hours on CK and have never painted the map past the size of like the UK haha. There is just so much more roleplay, immersion/interactions that you can easily have a fulfilling playthrough without being warrior kings. BL on the other hand...

Maybe we could also get some small events for Bannerlord that leads to different stuff but I guess this would be too complex and not fit TheVisionTM.

I don't plan on "finishing" my playthroughs.

The most fun part of M&B are large scale battles. I enjoy them even more when I feel like I'm just a part of them, instead of a supreme commander. So the main goal of my playthrough is to build myself up enough so I can mantain (and replenish) a sizeable army. I acquire a town, workshops, companions, then I pick battles left and right (preferably as a captain), while developing my fiefs/companions until I get bored of the current version.

My dream playthrough would be a long one, spanning over several generations. But there's not enough fun stuff to do for me yet to last even to a second generation. I need more features that spice up gameplay during peace. Events, more managing of your fiefs and subjects, more interactions with other characters (especially family), perhaps feasts... More ways of RPing a medieval noble. I would love if this game was closer to a CK3 in 3rd person (with much more focus on combat of course).

A closing cinematic that matches the opening one would be nice.
Yes. That would be an easy way of providing some sense of accomplishment to the endgame.

To make the player feel good it could have a "good ending" where if you had any positive traits it talks about how your new Calradian kingdom/empire made life better for everyone, and a "bad ending" where if you had negative traits it focuses on your domination of the continent and your enemies driven before you

@AxiosXiphos @five bucks That would be great... infinitely better than a billboard - great lad, you've won. I like the different endings; I personally agree with that proposal and think it would be an interesting way to close a certain form of campaigning. Maybe three cinematics? I'm thinking something like that:

Bad Ending - Domination and Subjugation​
Neutral​
Good ending - Diplomatic victory/ concord​

Something similar with the same art style as the opening cinematic would be great.

Just to return to the OP Question : I don't play. I haven't had Bannerlord installed for months. I don't see a point in it at the moment because 'end game' is just an unfinished mess.

For fun. I enjoy it. It's only RTS/RPG game (even tho Talewords literally butchered the RPG elements...). I like the idea of making a strong hero and commanding an army. There's no other game like this. Experimenting with different troops placement, different troop composition, different castles/towns sieges. (Like the castle near battania belonging to Sturgia? Holy **** their graphic designers made a wonderful castle not to mention the layout of walls/gate. It's literally a DEATH WALK to the gates. Could just fix the troops placement). Sadly everything else is pretty bad/terrible. As I said the game is butchered mercilessly. There's so many flaws to quests/troops/armor/diplomacy/AI/Sieges etc. etc.

There's no other game like this
To be fair, there is also Mount & Blade: Warband, Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword, Mount & Blade: Viking Conquest Reforged Edition, Blood & Gold: Caribbean, and Sid Meier's Pirates.

Of course, Bannerlord has visuals that make all of them look like they're from the stone age, but Warband and VC's gameplay is still more balanced, stable and varied than Bannerlord's.
Experimenting with different troops placement, different troop composition, different castles/towns sieges. (Like the castle near battania belonging to Sturgia? Holy **** their graphic designers made a wonderful castle not to mention the layout of walls/gate. It's literally a DEATH WALK to the gates. Could just fix the troops placement). Sadly everything else is pretty bad/terrible. As I said the game is butchered mercilessly. There's so many flaws to quests/troops/armor/diplomacy/AI/Sieges etc. etc.
Agreed.

Can't wait for full release. Will mod some small projects myself. The game can be so big and has so much potential...

Yes - I love Realistic Battle Mod, Improve Garrisons, Better Autoresolve, and a few other mods.

They are must haves. I also plan on doing a few of my own projects.

The role play aspect and the battles. There's no other game that does it better.

But like others have said, once you get to mid-game, it's essentially time to put the game back on the shelf for another few months until another interesting mod pops up.

With clumsy economy and half-baked Crusader Kings wannabe elements, the only thing that is still viable in BL is combat (with mods) and butter (with rye bread and some red caviar).

That is what I fight for.
I don't need fancy endgames and ****ty plot.
Hell, I've been playing since maybe v1.5.0 and haven't finished a single playthrough.
Only blood, sweat, and butter!

Not to mention the amount of stupid, fun **** that happens in the run, your son falling in love with HER SIBLING WHAT THE **** DUDE??? Getting killed by your own physician who was a actually A SPY **** you, the amount of politics and negotiations you can do, the amount of characters that even without having a word it feels like so much is going on the world, all of this accomplished without you doing any fighting. Bannerlord has so much to learn, I always say it needs so much interaction, and a more living world, diseases going around, annoying religions getting in your way (or helping you accomplish stuff), lords with actual personality, kingdoms falling because of their own weight, civil wars being actually interesting (not just a town rebeling and then it goes puff, to nothing) POLITICS, the amount of politics that were done in medieval times, the amount of wars happening because of stupid bull**** fights and then extending for 100 years, you know, the fun stuff, not just fighting over and over and over and over and over and over and over
This. So much this. When Bannerlord was first announced I was hoping for a similar CK approach, you know they talked about the influence system, clans, rebellions, it was going in that direction right..? right? Then you can imagine the disappointment lol

...From the first M&B, that I discoversd in the early 2009, I was attracted to the series for the combat system and its mechanics, firstly in singleplayer and after Warband, in multiplayer too...
...in Bannerlord I prefer singleplayer approach to the battle than multi, if compared to Warband...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom