After over 900 hours of playing, I can't recommend this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

First of all, I want to apologize to those who in the past I accused them of excessive zeal and ill-will.You were right about these developers,they are nothing but lying thieves who took our money and occasionally throws us some shreds of content.As for developers and moderators, all you can do is delete this post. It doesn't change the fact that you're a thief.

The game has huge potential and many gameplay elements are well developed,for example, combat is incredibly good in this game and the fact that it offers you the opportunity to fight on a large scale is amazing.But unfortunately this is the whole game,a boring routine of quests and fights so much, nothing to make the player have an immersive experience,and ignoring so many good mechanics from previous games just to make it more accessible to the general public,to be honest, they will never play it,by alienating the main comunity.I understand that the game can't have crusader kings mechanics but some mechanics from total war attila or thrones of britannia they can be added especially when it comes to faction internal decisions.What is so hard to add back feast, what can upset the teams grand plan that has done absolutely nothing to improve the experience in the last two years?Why ignore the community and its feedback?They lied a lot and offered zero explanations beyond the corporate routine "we cannot share this information with you".Where are the promised banners?Where are the visual upgrades when you upgrade the villeges projects?Yes, and these were promised by these liars who have taken the money from the community and occasionally respond to us with a huge disgust towards.And because we as consumers lose patience with these thieves, they are playing the victim card and motivate their lack of communication and involvement over our lack of trust in a broken product that we payed.Over 80% of what they promised to have in the game was not offered and we do not receive any clarification or direction from these unfortunate thieves. In conclusion, if you want to play the game, I recommend you to pirate it and not give money to these thieves

What a well written statement. This certainly comes across as a thought-out, reasoned and sensible argument from an educated forum user.

If only all users here were so well spoken.

I understand that the game can't have crusader kings mechanics but some mechanics from total war attila or thrones of britannia they can be added especially when it comes to faction internal decisions.
I've seen other people say this and I have 2 thoughts about it. First I have to ask myself why did Taleworlds introduce multi-generational game play if they didn't want a more complex game? Afaik there was no big outcry from the community for a feature like this even if a lot of fans did appreciate it when it was announced. Second why couldn't Taleworlds have a deeper diplomacy mechanic. It doesn't need to have all the details of CK but I think many fans old and new would like to have some kind of well thought out diplomacy system. I mean CK 3 has sold over 2 million copies, while not the biggest title around that's far from being a niche game so obviously there is a market for it. I think Taleworlds missed the boat on this one, just my 2 cents.

I totally agree.TW is killing every one's enthusiasm.The game has been on sale for over TWO years yet I don't see most of the contents they promised before the game released.And for these few contents this huge project is nothing but something boring after the first 100~200 hours.
Do you know what modders make on Nexus? Those people like and would download are functions that TW should have done a long time ago.(For example,there's a mod named Heritage,the main feature is to randomize children's faces.And this bug about clones has been arisen since 1.4 or 1.5,but for over 1 year,TW did nothing about it.)
I am disappointed at this game.

Well, I think the early game is pretty good. The problem is that it's not a full game, no denying that. Steam tells me I have over 1000 hours trying out lots of early game choices and I'm happy with the value I've gotten from the game as is. I've given up on it for now, ofc, but I don't really feel cheated and am still hopeful for an eventual full release to play it again.

Well, I think the early game is pretty good. The problem is that it's not a full game, no denying that. Steam tells me I have over 1000 hours trying out lots of early game choices and I'm happy with the value I've gotten from the game as is. I've given up on it for now, ofc, but I don't really feel cheated and am still hopeful for an eventual full release to play it again.
I respect your optimism I was like that but patch afther patch **** devs after **** devs broken promises and the absolute ****ing silence made me see that this game despite his potential its handled by stupid devs yea like top tear of stupid just look at the guys who are the art team absolute brain dead people so yea they will not no man sky this game cuz you actualy need some brain for that , the only hope for this game are the moders.again **** this dev team

TBH, compared to other games (or things) I bought, I got enough 'hours' of fun for what it's worth if we go by $/hr as the metric. But the potential of what it could have been or what it is at currently is a disappointment; and I think I can say that pretty objectively. First game was great even with it's EA model (was a fresh take on genre), got looped into the Bannerlord EA as the spiritual successor of Warband based on the good faith of it but now, I sure as hell won't support another one of their games until it is actually released and a few months/year in after seeing other people's reviews/games; just like all those other AAA studios/games ('live service') out there in the past couple of years.

It's disheartening to not read "yes X is a problem and we WILL do Y about it it" or "Yes we will add X Y and Z to improve the game" but I'll still wait till the dust settles for a final opinion. The "we're always working on X...trust us" wore out after the firs year or so of X not improving or getting worse. Some recent comments were annoying and I hope TW understand that if Bannerlord doesn't solidify itself as a worthy sequel, whatever their next games are will not receive the support of the Warband players and warband's reputation again. People did not buy Bannerlord based on some great advertising or reviews, they bought it based on the reputation of warband and the enthusiasm of it's players. So, you may see stream reviews and think you have plenty of satisfied customers, but they're not going to even notice the next game.

People did not buy Bannerlord based on some great advertising or reviews, they bought it based on the reputation of warband and the enthusiasm of it's players. So, you may see stream reviews and think you have plenty of satisfied customers, but they're not going to even notice the next game.

Weasel words aside... some people didn't get into Warband at all. I would suggest the "I didn't play Warband" market is larger than the "I played Warband" market. So this particular discussion might be moot for those making decisions at Taleworlds. Sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.

Total War fans were burned off after they made similar assumptions. It didn't stop skyrocketing profits and sales. Non-Warband players don't have the baggage or the cognitive biases , so they see the game fresh. They don't see disappointments thanks to perceived failed promises or simplified gameplay or reductive iterations in the design process. They just see current features and current gameplay. And on that metric, Bannerlord isn't shaping up too badly at all.

Weasel words aside... some people didn't get into Warband at all. I would suggest the "I didn't play Warband" market is larger than the "I played Warband" market. So this particular discussion might be moot for those making decisions at Taleworlds. Sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.

Total War fans were burned off after they made similar assumptions. It didn't stop skyrocketing profits and sales. Non-Warband players don't have the baggage or the cognitive biases , so they see the game fresh. They don't see disappointments thanks to perceived failed promises or simplified gameplay or reductive iterations in the design process. They just see current features and current gameplay. And on that metric, Bannerlord isn't shaping up too badly at all.
I didn't say they played warband. They're seeing the hype over years and years of people posting about waiting for Bannerlord. They see warband in people 4X4s and wonder what's that? They think "Oh some old game... I'll wait for the NEW ONE". They see the YouTube and twitch people who saw the hype or rep of warband try out bannerlord. All of this comes from the seeds of Warband's reputation. If Bannerlord doesn't secure such a reputation the seeds won't be their to harvest in 4,5 10 years when they release the next game.

I didn't say they played warband. They're seeing the hype over years and years of people posting about waiting for Bannerlord. They see warband in people 4X4s and wonder what's that? They think "Oh some old game... I'll wait for the NEW ONE". They see the YouTube and twitch people who saw the hype or rep of warband try out bannerlord. All of this comes from the seeds of Warband's reputation. If Bannerlord doesn't secure such a reputation the seeds won't be their to harvest in 4,5 10 years when they release the next game.

Oh and don't get me wrong. As a non-Warband player of Bannerlord... I have a wants list that is as long as my arm. Because I want a game that is the perfect fusion of RTS and FPS and TBS and RPG that I'm unlikely to ever get.

But you're right, the narrative around a production is a big thing that is hard to change. If Bannerlord gets a 'not quite finished' or 'not the game people wanted' tag, that story can go on long after the game has been corrected - just look at No Man's Sky. But I think Taleworlds will have the 'official launch' up their sleeves to help control that narrative. The millions of viewers youtube channels will only engage with the game when Taleworlds gives them reason to, and rarely in between, so they won't get much of the iteration surprises and great things and disappointments that we see on a daily basis.

LOL dude, if the game gave you 900h, it did its job. The purpose of a game its to make you have fun, if you played that much its means you really enjoyed the game. If not you rly have a problem of empty life.
And of course, the game is far for be finished and im not happy of how the company manages the community and the info.

LOL dude, if the game gave you 900h, it did its job. The purpose of a game its to make you have fun, if you played that much its means you really enjoyed the game. If not you rly have a problem of empty life.
And of course, the game is far for be finished and im not happy of how the company manages the community and the info.
You're trying to dismiss his opinions with the attitude that he played it a lot so it's must be good. What he's saying is the game is ok but here's how it can be better. He obviously wants it to be better and your comment about hours played has zero relevance to his feedback.

Obtw if you think that Taleworlds is going to add a bunch of content and that the game is far from finished you're sadly mistaken. If by far from finished you mean that it's still going to take awhile well you're probably right.

+1
You're trying to dismiss his opinions with the attitude that he played it a lot so it's must be good. What he's saying is the game is ok but here's how it can be better. He obviously wants it to be better and your comment about hours played has zero relevance to his feedback.

People have been wanting more diplomacy options and kingdom features for a long time.
I know they'll do good by us,they already made good additions to the game,hopefully their next main objectives are politics and diplomacy and vlandia,khuzait and aserai troop overhauls and equipment diversity.

Also buff Sturgia troops in game...

People have been wanting more diplomacy options and kingdom features for a long time.
I know they'll do good by us,they already made good additions to the game,hopefully their next main objectives are politics and diplomacy and vlandia,khuzait and aserai troop overhauls and equipment diversity.

Also buff Sturgia troops in game...
I wouldn't count on that as politics and diplomacy would presume very complex and deep mechanics with important effect on the world and game balance. When you see some pretty basic things not being included that you need to rely on simple mods to have that, like flag customization or flag colors for instance, it doesn't inspire much trust that what you say it will even be part of the game.
I too have almost 900 hours and also am disappointed on what the game offers. I was expecting from the start to be at least at the level of Viking Conquest and after how many? Like 9 years of waiting and two years of early access and still not even close to be compared to that? So all the coulds and buts they said the game will be, i'm fairly certain it will never be. But sure, go all in for multiplayer arena style the ****tiest approach for this game. Cater all the development and changes to it being played on consoles even if it's clear that the game is only going backwards, like with the new and "improved" troop formations.

Lol the "I made you *** now marry me" argument.

To be honest, I lost all hopes of this game being taken anywhere close to it's potential. And the sad thing is the potential part.
It could be an amazing RTS, FPS, RPG and something else as @five bucks put it in a different post. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening especially if they are to release it Q2 of this year (which is not looking good anyway as far as game launch is concerned!).
The only thing I hope is the vanilla game is stable and mod friendly enough and if they feel generous, throw in a modding tool to help the talented modders make the game worth playing 900+ hours.

Back
Top Bottom