Custom Servers Beta Test & Battle Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

I think some modding teams have already shown some of the possibilities on the multiplayer modding front already so it is probably only a matter of time... However, we won't be officially supporting mods at this stage.
I want to ask you 2 questions, Just to be clear. (Or to @Dejan or to @NIN3 )

- if I get the server files, I can technically host my server on my local machine, is that correct? Since any server is actually a hosted machine
- How custom maps and mods are not supported?

Hello all, you may have noticed by now that a few extra servers popped up on the server list. We're conducting a beta test of the custom servers with a few community members. They're able to host custom games on local computers as well as dedicated servers.

If there is a server file that opens locally and not via "Taleworlds hosting". I could easily add or delete maps from the map pool of my local server. Also, change xml files to create mods etc.

Even if you guys forced map names via code to disable modding. I can create a map and name it the same as the official ones. So I can pick those maps in Server options. "Tho I don't believe that"

If you would say like when you join the server, you cant download maps, etc via server browser or see if the server has mods or not. Therebefore you guys say "Custom maps and mods are not Supported" That I would understand.

Currently, in the Launchers Multiplayer tab, we are not allowed to activate other modules but by changing Native, but people can add - edit stuff and use it in official mp already.

I will give examples from the community and from the low-effort/quality of my mods.

-A sound file that is not in the game Could be played in the Offical mp tdm server.

- Hybrid Equipment and Perk system.

- Musket mod in mp. + Sounds (This one is from mp beta)

- Community-created maps that used in mp beta

unknown.png
unknown.png

-I am not sure but probably Taleworlds doesn't have in-game admin tools but that was added in mp before. Mar 28th, 2020

unknown.png

-Tutorial: Adding deaths / losses (STUNNING!! I ALMOST DIED!!) from @Younes | This is actually a nice one when Vision™ is gone too far. with bull**** ideas.

So, basically, if this is a locally hosted server and Taleworlds is not trying to kill mp modding on purpose. Players can download a mod like "Community Maps", "Equipment System" and maybe "Vision™ Excluded Multiplayer" and put it in their Native folder.

A plus would be a DLL injector that injects dll based mods like Admin tools or a Launcher that Allows mods to load when you open Multiplayer. With that, we can see more complex mods, I believe. (tho as i say i don't wait for that from Taleworlds because it will be too much work for Taleworlds to allow mods to load etc)

We will provide documentation alongside the files but just to answer your question I think there might be a little confusion here. You could set the server up on your home PC of course, but it would still be a dedicated server that is accessed through the online MP custom server list so I'm honestly not sure right now how that is handled and if there would be other issues when it comes to things like the anti-cheat.

but it would still be a dedicated server that is accessed through the online MP custom server list
That is also how its works in Warband. This is your Thread for example https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/private-server-monetisation-policy.376447/

in Warband people use master server to list their servers in server browser and taleworlds is able to remove these servers by blacklisting them. An example
Servers ProNoobs_DM, ProNoobs_BT, ProNoobs_Duel, ProNoobs_SG have been added to the blacklist for breaking the server policy. If you manage these servers and want to have them removed from the blacklist, please reach out to me to discuss it further.

anti-cheat.

Is that even work? I think it only catches flagged cheat dlls not the other stuff. Because then lots of people needs to be banned because they added Deaths back with @Younes method back then with modifying dlls. Or @Varadin or some people because they added custom crosshair by changing in-game files. ( I don't call it cheat btw) Or myself because I changed a lot of files to test stuff and published here on the forum since Bannerlord beta and never got banned or kicked by Anti-cheat.

But, thank you very much for the answers we will see more when servers are released to the public.

I've tried a custom map on a test server and it works from the limited testing me and a couple of others were able to do. You have to install the map yourself locally, because it does not download from the server to the client like in Warband.

So I think when Callum says it's not supported, he means it's not an official feature yet and if there are any issues involving custom maps they aren't going to look into them.

I've tried a custom map on a test server and it works from the limited testing me and a couple of others were able to do. You have to install the map yourself locally, because it does not download from the server to the client like in Warband.

So I think when Callum says it's not supported, he means it's not an official feature yet and if there are any issues involving custom maps they aren't going to look into them.
Yeah thats good to hear. Then modding is probably possible too, even if it is not a full experience of modding.

Was fun playing today.

Is there any way to dismiss a poll? I‘m sure my vote triggered but the poll didn’t dissappear until it had concluded and the UI element is quite big.
Being able to see ping in the server browser would be great too.

@Dejan a very good QOL addition as @marcusuno suggested in other thread would be to add a UI element to the top of troop selection screen and maybe in-game UI that shows how many of each class or how many archers/cav/inf you have on your team. This would help during at least troop selection screen for players to intelligently select for best team composition.

I think some modding teams have already shown some of the possibilities on the multiplayer modding front already so it is probably only a matter of time... However, we won't be officially supporting mods at this stage.
Awesome, I'm sure the release of server files will open up a whole can of worms for the modding scene, and it's completely fair that there's no official support for it so far especially as we're still in early access.

Will servers be able to enable/disable anti-cheat themselves in the future? I'm sure there'll be some cases where this will be useful, unless the anti-cheat also doubles up as anti-piracy.

Being able to see ping in the server browser would be great too.
@Dejan a very good QOL addition as @marcusuno suggested in other thread would be to add a UI element to the top of troop selection screen and maybe in-game UI that shows how many of each class or how many archers/cav/inf you have on your team. This would help during at least troop selection screen for players to intelligently select for best team composition.
Will bring up both of these. Thank you for the suggestions.

TG’s version of Neo GK had this in Warband and it was great - also handy to see how many troops are still alive, it’s harder to tell quickly on the Bannerlord tab screen.

@Callum When can we have the tools for more testing? I own a Server and would like to host. I undertand they are messi at the moment. Also i dont need any help setting it up and i wouldnt complain on bugs.

I beleieve we have more old server owners from Warband and other mods who are willingly accept all the bugs. Im desprate to start a server finally.

What is against it?

- Make your community happy again.
- Rise player numbers.
- Let clans enjoy privat servers and big events!
- More testers more feedback and bug findings.

The old tools didnt run well either. we are used to crashes and else. :grin:

All the other games suck. Let us show how great Bannerlord can be. Release the Kraken!

Please!

Best
Aldemar

@Callum When can we have the tools for more testing? I own a Server and would like to host. I undertand they are messi at the moment. Also i dont need any help setting it up and i wouldnt complain on bugs.

I beleieve we have more old server owners from Warband and other mods who are willingly accept all the bugs. Im desprate to start a server finally.

What is against it?

- Make your community happy again.
- Rise player numbers.
- Let clans enjoy privat servers and big events!
- More testers more feedback and bug findings.

The old tools didnt run well either. we are used to crashes and else. :grin:

All the other games suck. Let us show how great Bannerlord can be. Release the Kraken!

Please!

Best
Aldemar
Dude read the original post, literally all you asked is in it.

Will bring up both of these. Thank you for the suggestions.
It's certainly good that you pay attention and spend your time on optimizing such minor interface elements, but, in my opinion, you should first look at the main interface of the MP.
MP modes such as TDM and Siege are optimal for introducing new players to MP. If they start with the MP from these modes, then the chance that they will get a positive initial experience from the MP is MUCH more than if they start playing skirmish or even captain. The MP gaming community base will receive positive growth momentum from this. Therefore, TDM and siege should be the first thing that catches the eye of a new player when starting MP (or at least on the same screen with skirmish and captain), but definitely not in the list of custom servers.
Think about it, friends!

Quick question for @Callum AND @NIN3 (since he seems to be the main man behind multiplayer maps) regarding map hosting in the future for server hosters.

Is it worth it for us to begin working on our maps now? While some features such as flag spawns and entry points are not in our version of the mod tools yet, once those features are added we will be able to add them retroactively to our maps correct? I imagine it will be ok but most of us are not familiar with your map tools yet. Are there any special circumstances such as entity limits or performance recommendations in regards to overall map size that the community map makers should be aware of before we start creating?

Quick question for @Callum AND @NIN3 (since he seems to be the main man behind multiplayer maps) regarding map hosting in the future for server hosters.

Is it worth it for us to begin working on our maps now? While some features such as flag spawns and entry points are not in our version of the mod tools yet, once those features are added we will be able to add them retroactively to our maps correct? I imagine it will be ok but most of us are not familiar with your map tools yet. Are there any special circumstances such as entity limits or performance recommendations in regards to overall map size that the community map makers should be aware of before we start creating?

Flags and Spawnpoints are already in the modding tools(atleast for skirmish and Battle, didnt check siege and tdm) so you can place them and they are working.

It is worth it yes. But its not clear on how and if servers will support custom maps.

I am working on a documentation on how to create scenes for multiplayer (in regards to our game modes) at the moment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom