GK NA Battle Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

UPDATE - Had to change the poll links because the strawpoll.me site is broken. Redo your votes on the new links.

Over the past few days I've had people asking me about why I am using certain settings. I was just doing what felt best to me and people I've asked on Steam/Discord. I wanted to give more people a chance to provide some feedback.

The poll results are non-binding so if you want to really convince me one way or the other, give a more detailed response in the thread. Also if you have any suggestions for something not mentioned, let me know and I might add another poll.

First poll, how many rounds to win? Most people I spoke to liked not having to change maps so often, but personally I think if the match is a total 5-0 blowout it isn't fun for either side and I'd rather move on. Then again, I have seen maps that reached 3-0 flipping into a 4-5, and those were very fun.

Second poll, should team damage reflect be turned on? I have seen a lot of requests for this to discourage TKing. On the other hand, this makes it harder for players to police trolls. And it also enables a new type of trolling: moving in front of teammate swings/shots so that they damage themselves.

Third poll, should skirmish maps be removed during high population hours? They can be kind of cramped at 120 players, and I've had some requests to remove them. But others have said they like them because they are more infantry-focused, while the big maps favor cavalry.

Last edited:
I voted but the results still show 0 votes, you sure the polls are set up right?

Here are my thoughts:

I'm fine with 5 round matches at this point, just because we have to literally restart the server after every match. Have we looked into tweaking gold amounts to potentially limit the amount of steamrolling that can happen? I think the 5-0's can get particularly brutal because one team has the $$ to stack heavy cav, and the other faction may not even have the money for decent spear troops by the 4th round.

I'm fine with damage reflect. It makes it so that at MOST a troll can only harass 1 person, because then they die.

I am OK either way with removal of skirmish maps, but I think I lean towards not removing them at this point. We have few enough scenes as it is, and there's a nice amount of variety with the skirmish scenes mixed in. When we get more infantry focused larger battle scenes I think we can probably remove them though.

I voted but the results still show 0 votes, you sure the polls are set up right?
Nope, never used the site... Hoping they are just on a delay, but I might have to remake them later.

Here are my thoughts:

I'm fine with 5 round matches at this point, just because we have to literally restart the server after every match. Have we looked into tweaking gold amounts to potentially limit the amount of steamrolling that can happen? I think the 5-0's can get particularly brutal because one team has the $$ to stack heavy cav, and the other faction may not even have the money for decent spear troops by the 4th round.
Tweaking gold amounts might be possible with modding. There is no setting for that in the configuration file though, you can only change the percentage of gold gain for each team.

I am OK either way with removal of skirmish maps, but I think I lean towards not removing them at this point. We have few enough scenes as it is, and there's a nice amount of variety with the skirmish scenes mixed in. When we get more infantry focused larger battle scenes I think we can probably remove them though.
Scene variety is another good point. Skirmish maps are about half the total map pool right now, so keeping them adds a lot of variety.

Cav limits ?
Might be possible with modding, but there is no setting for it. I haven't tried to do any modding yet, since TW has said it is not supported and I don't think that's the kind of feedback they are looking for with this beta test.

I would definitely be in favor of cav limits or increasing the cost of cav... but I am not sure how everyone else feels about that.

Increase gold cost for cav (heavy cav 200 > 300 light cav 140 > 200) because right now the prevailing meta is whichever team can spam the most cav for an ez roflstomp.

Also, class limits on cav and archers would help as well (capped at 30-40%)

Can you please add cheering to GK Battle server? You could cheer on Dr Battle server last time I played but not GK Server.

4 or 5 rounds are both fine imo. They only get boring when good players all stack up on one team and it's a 5-0 stomp. Most games are close when they don't stack up on one team.

You should definitely add reflective team damage. Can the admins kick people from server? Even if admins are able to kick people, it takes forever to kick a teamkiller using kick poll when admins are not on. There's auto-kick for excessive damage in captain and skirmish I think but not in battle, so it makes sense to have reflective damage on for now. Maybe you should consider removing it when they add auto-kick for battle, because warband GK battle had no reflective damage.

Most skirmish maps are ok for high population, except for Xauna. My fps drops so much when I'm playing on Xauna with 80+ other people. You should definitely remove that map from rotation.

Can you please add cheering to GK Battle server? You could cheer on Dr Battle server last time I played but not GK Server.
I'm not explicitly disabling cheering, so I think it is just disabled for the battle game mode. I do not think you can cheer in DR_Battlegrounds either.

You should definitely add reflective team damage. Can the admins kick people from server? Even if admins are able to kick people, it takes forever to kick a teamkiller using kick poll when admins are not on. There's auto-kick for excessive damage in captain and skirmish I think but not in battle, so it makes sense to have reflective damage on for now. Maybe you should consider removing it when they add auto-kick for battle, because warband GK battle had no reflective damage.
Admins can kick, and they do not even need to be on the server to do it. Even if admins are on though, kicking a TKer is difficult because we have no team damage logs yet. I usually only kick a TKer if I see it happen with my own eyes or I get a report from someone I know and trust, to avoid kicking innocent people.

Players policing trolls themselves is one of the reasons I am not sure about adding damage reflect. Before the admin tools came out, I saw players preemptively TKing the TKers and round delayers at spawn... Not ideal, but we don't have a better system to deal with trolls yet.

Most skirmish maps are ok for high population, except for Xauna. My fps drops so much when I'm playing on Xauna with 80+ other people. You should definitely remove that map from rotation.
That is a good idea, I could just remove it during peak hours.

if votekicking works now there should be no problem with the absence of reflect damage, if only it could show the percentage of team damage in the kick poll like other games

turn on reflect, i seen way too many ppl blindly firing into a fight, that **** annoying to deal with.

I prefer 4, most of the time its will be dominated by oneside due to a player stack or factions and gold imbalance. I only seen it once it go 4-5 but usually it will go 5-0. Server needs to be constantly reset anyways, after like 3rd round it gets laggy not sure if only me.

It would be great to see some modification but I understand why modding is not done currently. If each round an auto balance can be done based on score alone would benefit the balance, the top players on the winning team can easily get 5-10 kills, an auto balance would help each team, the top players in each game to separate.

Maps are generally fine just fps sucks but i guess that more of a bannerlord thing then server thing? not sure

Maps are generally fine just fps sucks but i guess that more of a bannerlord thing then server thing? not sure
It's a Battle Server thing from my experience; TDM or Siege doesn't get like that. My latency is fine (30-40 ping), and I can get my game to run at 120+ fps, but the server plays like it's running under 30fps and stutters a lot.

5 is winning the poll by a large margin, but I’m in favor of ft4 until there’s more “balanced” maps that aren’t just cav maps.

High team damage and reflective damage encourages people to play cav even more often. I think some reflective damage would be the best, as well as reduced team damage (but enough to stun both players still).

As someone else said, I also crash on Xauna when there’s a bunch of players. Also, I’d prefer to just not have the largest maps until cav is nerfed or there’s a limit.

if votekicking works now there should be no problem with the absence of reflect damage, if only it could show the percentage of team damage in the kick poll like other games
Agreed. It's hard to catch everything that goes down when there are 120 players on the field so I'm often unsure if the Kick is warranted, but I'm in favor of 100% FF. Being able to see Dead player chat gives me the opportunity to yell at the TKer afterwards.

You reward good gameplay by doing reflective team kill, just regular team kill isn't going to do anything for most players and the will just drop a small sorry and move on.

Add a UI element to the top of troop selection screen and maybe in-game UI that shows how many of each class or how many archers/cav/inf you have on your team. This would help during at least troop selection screen for players to intelligently select for best team composition.

Back
Top Bottom