Bloc's warband missing features mod list (No Download/Showcase)

Users who are viewing this thread

Seriously? Thats what logic tells your brain? I mourn for the youth of today..
It does, otherwise you wouldn't waste your time being a sexy beast in this forum!
If you thought this game sucked, would you be here? seriously, would you? What's keeping you here then?

PS: Thanks for the compliment...still very young at heart even though my knees keep telling my brain I can no longer do the stuff I used to.

Nope, you can't voice your discontent, that'll make you Taleworlds hater+a liar. If you don't like the game then just go away from the forums, don't spend any time here(!)

If you thought this game sucked, would you be here? seriously, would you? What's keeping you here then?
It doesn´t suck but it also isn´t as good as it could easily be. Most dudes here are able to see it, it´s not that hard. Just add some of the showcases (like freelancer) from Bloc = improvment over 9000! And we know it can´t be "that hard" for TW if a single guy can add them in his spare time...but the VisionTM!

It also says a lot about a game company if some of the most dedicated users lost faith months ago.

Seriously? Thats what logic tells your brain? I mourn for the youth of today..
Your combined years are over 100. :smile:
It also says a lot about a game company if some of the most dedicated users lost faith months ago.
I didn't buy it, didn't play it and I'm on a verge of leaving it to the dustbin of failed expectations, mods or not. There are other better games, medieval mass combat or not.
The sad fact is that many long time fans are not here at all and left at various stages of disappointment with development, and they won't come back for more mediocre games from this franchise or developer.
If the game was good, this forum would have been a much livelier place, just as it was with the release of Warband 3000 years ago.

Last edited:
I really hope this game won´t dissapoint as much as Bannerlord:

You all need to grow up, if any of you think you could do a better job then go ****ing do it and stop *****ing, you can't, I know you can't because multiple studios have tried and failed, Mordhau and Chivalry have come sort of close but they just feel like Call of Duty knock offs of Mount and Blade, what Bloc is doing is possible because the devs went to great lengths to make Bannerlord the most moddable game in history, so instead of whining and crying like a bunch of petulant children, download the mod tools, join the Forge discord and help make some cool ****, custom server code is already being tested, which means multiplayer mods are coming soon. The future of Bannerlord is going to be ****ing insane, you could literally remake Star Wars Battlefront on "The Bannerlord Engine" if you could actually code yourselves, but you can't thats why you just whine that you want this, that you want that, instead of appreciating what we DO have, even if it isn't perfect, life isn't ****ing perfect make the best of it.
This reads like a perfect copy-pasta. Could you perhaps make it 1 sentence instead of 2 next time? Same amount of text please.

just as it was with the release of Warband 3000 years ago.
200.gif

Time flies when you're having fun.

[...]
The sad fact is that many long time fans are not here at all and left at various stages of disappointment with development, and they won't come back for more mediocre games from this franchise or developer.
If the game was good, this forum would have been a much livelier place, just as it was with the release of Warband 3000 years ago.
☝️Agreed. The wise voice of experience delivering facts.

Different games no doubt, however already watching the banner editor demo... oh boy, one would be willing to believe in the real hope ?. How deluded we were at the time...:lol:

Your combined years are over 100. :smile:

Ive got my AARP license to complain in hand

Yep, that games been on my radar for some time too (young man)

That's not true, you and I both know that. This forum is made up of Warband players, so when the sequel isn't like people will get annoyed. That's why some of the biggest critiques of the game are that there are features from Warband that are missing in Bannerlord.

The game isn't bad, its hard to argue that. It just isn't the sequel to Warband that the hardcore Warband community wanted.

That's why some of the biggest critiques of the game are that there are features from Warband that are missing in Bannerlord.
That's half of the critiques. There are plenty of other major critiques that are made here constantly.
The game isn't bad, its hard to argue that
Bannerlord is as of 1.7.2 definitely a bad game. It has good visuals and art assets, good underlying engine and simulation and something approaching good combat systems, but it straight up fails at being FUN at what it's meant to be (a hybrid slasher/RPG lite/grand strat lite/tactics game).

It's no fun as a slasher because armour is so incredibly unrealistically weak - as if it were made of cardboard - that the player cannot engage in slasher battles for more than a couple minutes before being shot to death from approximately 5 stray arrows, plus enemies that should be tough are really easy to cheese to death with one hit from your glaive or a couple from a ranged weapon. And many other issues with combat if you ask any MP veteran.

It's no fun as a grand strat because votes and politics and relations and traits are largely meaningless, AI cannot commit to anything or successfully finish a siege now, and every faction will now almost immediately declare peace when a war tries to start meaning nothing notable ever happens on the world map, so the player's political or strategic skill have little relevance. And when you do actually defeat a kingdom they don't even die, they just raid you forever with free armies and demand tribute. And unlike any other grand strat game you can't send messages and must do almost all communication in person and chase down every prospective deal yourself even as the king, while trying to wage war at the same time because your commanders are too dumb to do it themselves. It is a frustrating, repetitive experience.

It's no fun as an RPG because quest design is largely simplistic fetchquests, the world does not feel alive or immersive, there is almost no reason to walk inside cities, there are few compelling characters and companions are just mayor bots, traits do little, story is largely confined to encyclopaedias instead of through gameplay, the main quest becomes awful halfway, the few quests that are good don't have much reason to do them, the combat skills are almost worthless because you can one shot anything with a glaive anyway, the tactics skill discourages use of tactics, the engineering skill has little to no effect, trade and medicine are a slow grind, so players will end up pumping everything into the same handful of skills every playthrough because the game does not facilitate roleplaying.

It's not fun as a tactics game because the aforementioned armour problems plus poor melee AI make every fight end in around 3 minutes with archers and horse archers the obvious best way to win every battle, plus Khan's Guard are even more stupidly broken being the best horse archer *and* best melee unit, plus melee cavalry charges being ineffective and every army composition feeling very similar and spearmen sucking and morale mechanics not allowing the player to turn the tide of battle; ultimately, the player will actively perform worse if they try to use interesting tactics that are anything other than "sit archers on a hill with a small infantry screen and wait" or "bring 50 Khan's Guard and circle enemy".

And the real tragedy is that these issues are mainly caused by just a small number of bugs or imbalances that have a huge disproportionate influence on the fun of the game. It could be decent otherwise, but because of these issues, playing Bannerlord is not fun.
It just isn't the sequel to Warband that the hardcore Warband community wanted.
It's both. It is an unfun game that has *also* regressed from Warband in multiple different areas.

Last edited:
That's not true, you and I both know that. This forum is made up of Warband players, so when the sequel isn't like people will get annoyed. That's why some of the biggest critiques of the game are that there are features from Warband that are missing in Bannerlord.

The game isn't bad, its hard to argue that. It just isn't the sequel to Warband that the hardcore Warband community wanted.
Not true, when Warband came out, this forum was full of Mount and Blade vanilla players, but there was a great influx of new players that didn't play vanilla, and they stayed because they wanted to talk about Warband endlessly and mod it. It was a large community that kept going for years.
Where are the new Bannerlord players? Where are the mods? The new players came and went, having little to do here. Most of the forumites that remain are disappointed Warband-era players because Bannerlord players move on quickly.

That's half of the critiques. There are plenty of other major critiques that are made here constantly.

Bannerlord is as of 1.7.2 definitely a bad game. It has good visuals and art assets, good underlying engine and simulation and something approaching good combat systems, but it straight up fails at being FUN at what it's meant to be (a hybrid slasher/RPG lite/grand strat lite/tactics game).

It's no fun as a slasher because armour is so incredibly unrealistically weak - as if it were made of cardboard - that the player cannot engage in slasher battles for more than a couple minutes before being shot to death from approximately 5 stray arrows, plus enemies that should be tough are really easy to cheese to death with one hit from your glaive or a couple from a ranged weapon. And many other issues with combat if you ask any MP veteran.

It's no fun as a grand strat because votes and politics and relations and traits are largely meaningless, AI cannot commit to anything or successfully finish a siege now, and every faction will now almost immediately declare peace when a war tries to start meaning nothing notable ever happens on the world map, so the player's political or strategic skill have little relevance. And when you do actually defeat a kingdom they don't even die, they just raid you forever with free armies and demand tribute. And unlike any other grand strat game you can't send messages and must do almost all communication in person and chase down every prospective deal yourself even as the king, while trying to wage war at the same time because your commanders are too dumb to do it themselves. It is a frustrating, repetitive experience.

It's no fun as an RPG because quest design is largely simplistic fetchquests, the world does not feel alive or immersive, there is almost no reason to walk inside cities, there are few compelling characters and companions are just mayor bots, traits do little, story is largely confined to encyclopaedias instead of through gameplay, the main quest becomes awful halfway, the few quests that are good don't have much reason to do them, the combat skills are almost worthless because you can one shot anything with a glaive anyway, the tactics skill discourages use of tactics, the engineering skill has little to no effect, trade and medicine are a slow grind, so players will end up pumping everything into the same handful of skills every playthrough because the game does not facilitate roleplaying.

It's not fun as a tactics game because the aforementioned armour problems plus poor melee AI make every fight end in around 3 minutes with archers and horse archers the obvious best way to win every battle, plus Khan's Guard are even more stupidly broken being the best horse archer *and* best melee unit, plus melee cavalry charges being ineffective and every army composition feeling very similar and spearmen sucking and morale mechanics not allowing the player to turn the tide of battle; ultimately, the player will actively perform worse if they try to use interesting tactics that are anything other than "sit archers on a hill with a small infantry screen and wait" or "bring 50 Khan's Guard and circle enemy".

And the real tragedy is that these issues are mainly caused by just a small number of bugs or imbalances that have a huge disproportionate influence on the fun of the game. It could be decent otherwise, but because of these issues, playing Bannerlord is not fun.

It's both. It is an unfun game that has *also* regressed from Warband in multiple different areas.

+1

You all need to grow up, if any of you think you could do a better job then go ****ing do it and stop *****ing, you can't, I know you can't because multiple studios have tried and failed, Mordhau and Chivalry have come sort of close but they just feel like Call of Duty knock offs of Mount and Blade, what Bloc is doing is possible because the devs went to great lengths to make Bannerlord the most moddable game in history, so instead of whining and crying like a bunch of petulant children, download the mod tools, join the Forge discord and help make some cool ****, custom server code is already being tested, which means multiplayer mods are coming soon. The future of Bannerlord is going to be ****ing insane, you could literally remake Star Wars Battlefront on "The Bannerlord Engine" if you could actually code yourselves, but you can't thats why you just whine that you want this, that you want that, instead of appreciating what we DO have, even if it isn't perfect, life isn't ****ing perfect make the best of it.
343.jpg

It does, otherwise you wouldn't waste your time being a sexy beast in this forum!

PS: Thanks for the compliment...still very young at heart even though my knees keep telling my brain I can no longer do the stuff I used to.

I've been on this forum since before WB had its early access.
I came to this forum because of M&B not WB. Was part of the early access WB multiplayer and stuck around until now.
I am here because I love M&B in general and not because I like BL. I am also here because I have grown to love the community around here.
Go into the off-topic forum. There you will find people who have been around here for well over ten years and havent played any M&B game for plenty of years. Yet they keep coming here for the community alone.

Yes BL has potential. This is part of the reason why I still come here. Not because I have hope it will be fixed but because this fuels my anger that it will not. This and the fact that I get a worringly high amount of entertainment out of watching this trainwreck of a game burn. The real BL is the laughs we had along the way.

Last edited:
That is why I said some of.
playing Bannerlord is not fun.
For you. That basically boils down your points. Bannerlord isn't a perfect game, I'm under no delusions about that, but because you don't find it fun, does not make that game a bad one. I don't find Civ fun, I'm never going to call it a bad game. Just because the game isn't fun for you doesn't mean that Bannerlord is a bad game.
Where are the new Bannerlord players?
Bannerlord has 10,000 more players currently then Warband at the moment of me writing this. Its clear that there are Bannerlord players, but they aren't here. So, something tells me that is more a result of the forum rather then Bannerlord not having a community.
Where are the mods?
Comparing a game with a decade of mods to a game that's been in EA for two, not really a fair comparison, is it.
The new players came and went, having little to do here. Most of the forumites that remain are disappointed Warband-era players because Bannerlord players move on quickly.
On the forum. Yeah, the place that can get toxic (somewhat my bad at times) and spends most of its time ****ting on Bannerlord. I am really shocked as to why there aren't many Bannerlord fans here.

This is a Warband community, if you want the Bannerlord community you'll best find that at Reddit, which also gets insulted here.

This is a Bannerlord community; it has the exact same opportunity of participation as Warband did (same as Reddit) as both are under Taleworlds. A lot of us played M&B series since before Warband during the early parts of that early access, seen what it became, it's potential through modding (ie PoP, diplomacy, VC, etc...) so many here were thrilled when Bannerlord was announced years ago. What we see now after waiting many years and the ~2 years of open early access so far have been a disappointment in its potential.
As a standalone game, there are some fun elements (albeit short at the early first couple hours) but there is also a lot of regression from what we could make out of Warband; along with a lot of questionable decisions (IMO I hate all these 'dumbing' down elements for console ports) that were obvious issues since the beginning.
A lot of the recent discourse/****ting has been the lack of communication, lack of change, lack of features, delays, meaningless decisions, odd/patchwork of systems, balance issues, and I can go on and on but we're at the point of why even bother providing feedback if it is ignored? The communication feels like that of a game that was released years ago, already abandoned, and only on life-support service (crash fixes only); suggestions or new features are mostly ignored.

So now it's no different from any forum/echo chamber where the same sentiments are expressed by majority. I don't normally post on forums even though I've been here for years but even I have to express there is something seriously wrong with the development (whether RL impact or otherwise) of this game. Even though it probably has no impact on their end, at least there is still a sense of 'community' raising our pitchforks.

Back
Top Bottom