Feasts by Bloc

Users who are viewing this thread

The decision-making process:

ghows-LK-24ce98ff-fd2f-4ff0-962f-83475067ddc1-8ed99270.jpeg

Wasn't it correct all of the time?
For a 50/50 chance it had a pretty good success rate. Anyways since you´re here down at earth, are there any informations about the "pila issue", has the design team already finished the decision-makeing process related to that issue?

However, it isn't like the design team hasn't looked at implementing feasts in some manner before rejecting the idea.
why-asking.gif

I believe it mainly comes down to the sort of impact that having lords visit and spend time in other settlements would have on other systems in the game.
WHY™ on earth are YOU as the emissary of TW's will having to SPECULATE what the everloving **** the developers could be thinking when deciding on an issue that deeply concerns the community which you're supposed to "lead" (when and why did that change btw?)?

I don't think it helps anyone to drop "too complex" comment at this point. You set out to do a better game than Warband failed to do so in many area of the game. Is it not more proper to call it failure rather than too complex? Most probably, Armağan is happy about the amount of sales, but I don't think he, as a game developer, is happy about the state of the game. Unfortunately, he is not doing anything about it.

giphy.gif

Wow! Just Wow!
I know that feasts are something people really want to see in the game and to be honest I agree that it does feel like something has been taken away in that sense with Bannerlord.

However, it isn't like the design team hasn't looked at implementing feasts in some manner before rejecting the idea. I believe it mainly comes down to the sort of impact that having lords visit and spend time in other settlements would have on other systems in the game.
Before rejecting the idea... Rejecting. The. Idea......
I always knew the allure of this game, the real reason for buying this game was all wrapped up in its moddability, but my god...
I had no idea that the base game was going to be a battle simulator and ONLY a battle simulator.
I´m not really sure if this even counts because of the Series X / PS5. Sure a good PC outperforms them easily but I believe that the consoles have more power than the average gaming PC. Should be easily doable to just downgrade the graphics if needed but to keep the game the same even with more "complex" features. I believe that the battles are still the most demanding part of the game but not the stuff that is happening on the campaign maps or some "missions". I mean even the old consoles could handle Stellaris and I believe there is more stuff that needs to be calculated in Stellaris than in Bannerlord (campaign map).

But the problem persists:

4elcV.png
Yes, but most console gamers are currently still on PS4s, PS4 Pros, XBOX 1s, and XBOX 1 Xs. And incase you have yet to figure it out - Armagan's vision is money. Now that the game has done as well as it has; what would be the most cost effective action? Spending money and man hours on putting in features that people who already bought the game want or make it available to many, many, MANY console gamers?
The worst part of this entire EA has been the lack of Why™. Never a real explanation, just its part of the Vision™.

Wow! Just Wow!
Why are you surprised, that´s not a new information that feast don´t fit the "vision". Are there still guys here who think they will add anything that is not mentioned in their so called "roadmap"? Like one day TW drops an update with those patch notes:

- We fooled you once again and added X which you have asked for since the start of EA! It was all a bad joke until now!

Armagan's vision is money. Now that the game has done as well as it has; what would be the most cost effective action?
Sure, I just hope for a Nintendo Switch version then. Maybe just downgrade the graphics a little bit and remove like everything but battles, use this as reference:

knight_games_04.png

Also I´ve figured it out that it is just about the money and not the game like 1,5 years ago. Wasn´t that hard to be honest.

Last edited:
Why are you surprised, that´s not a new information that feast don´t fit the "vision".
That was news to me - previously unknown information that isn't surprising but nonetheless unpalatable.

Sure, I just hope for a Nintendo Switch version then. Maybe just downgrade the graphics a little bit and remove like everything but battles, use this as reference:

knight_games_04.png
giphy.gif

Funny - I just can't seem to bring myself to LOL or LMAO... Funny all the same.

Although my guess is any TW employee still around the forums probably doesn't know Why™ themselves.

I wasn't a part of the decision-making process so I'm not entirely sure of the in and outs of those conversations (the Why™), only that it was decided not to implement them into the game.
giphy.gif

I dont blame Callum, he's as much a victim as the rest of us. Left out of the conversation and decisions, the Why™.

I know that feasts are something people really want to see in the game and to be honest I agree that it does feel like something has been taken away in that sense with Bannerlord.

However, it isn't like the design team hasn't looked at implementing feasts in some manner before rejecting the idea. I believe it mainly comes down to the sort of impact that having lords visit and spend time in other settlements would have on other systems in the game.

See this right here is the problem. You as a go-between between us and the developers are basically coming here and giving us a non-answer. OBVIOUSLY they rejected it -but the only worthwhile point of discussion is in the WHY?

So alls we can do is guess at to what your insinuating at - that being "we decided to removed a beloved feature because of the impact it might have on what else the Lord could be doing at that time..."

So he's what rebuilding an Army? So what!! if he takes time away from building an army let him build special alliances and characters at said Feasts. Or increase the chance of a Power marriage, win a Tourney which gives instant prestige (potential for more and better troops), meets a special NPC military Trainer who auto improves all his troops -theres millions of way to make this an interesting event.

But no -you guys just say "improvement by reduction. Keep it simple, keep it dull, keep it workable for the simple minded".

See the problem is they are being intentionally vague on all their answers as that then leaves zero accountability -they have therefor have nothing to answer for. "

"We've looked at Feasts, yes a common feature from our previous games but have thereby decided NOT to re-include despite the fact that we know our public expected it or the like as it helps with peacetime activity"

Thats basically just saying:

"we took it out, we will give you no reason for that simply that you must learn to enjoy paying for less as we look to increase profits by expanding to console thereby feature locking even simple code. Thank you for funding us thru this tiresome but profitable endeavor -too bad you are losing out. Please understand, If we gave Lords something else to do -he may miss opportunity to build his army and that we just cant have in the name of Balance & Simplicity. Should modders disprove our theory, that by adding fun and experiences that break the monotony of just endless War such as Feasts - and can still allow a Lord to not get Snowballed -well than BallyHoo for that modder -We Sincerely Hate You!" ~Love, TaleWorlds Management

Wasn't it correct all of the time?
Callum is not only alive... he's here on the forum ..... quick! Someone grab him + cuff him before he disappears into thin air for another 6 months.

Actually, you know what? don't ........ let him go do whatever it is that he does.

Last edited:
At least we now know that they are allowed to share information from the past.

- Communication improved - everyone liked that

Last edited:
Shouldn't a community manager be informed of things??? Taleworlds will spend 19189781 dollars in a PR team and then lock them in a dark room with a computer to read online hate

Back
Top Bottom