Troops Teleporting in, Troops stuck on ladders, Troops won’t attack 2nd keep door

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys

Really getting into Bannerlord, but finding some really bad issues that really hinder progression, if you do manual battles

- In a 3-4K troops battle, I can only use 1 of my troops at the start. Our faction has more troops at start. Enemy faction sits at their spawn point and units just keep constantly teleport in on top of Calvary and archers.
If you sit back, they don’t come to you, so your force to sit your troops in a instant respawn point

- Sieges troops get stuck in clumps on ladders
- Troops refuse to break 2nd internal door inside keep, battering ram break first door, then they all run away and climb ladders????
- When your inside keep, troops teleport in behind and front of you and sand which press your troops to death

Is there anyway to avoid any of this? Takes the enjoyment out of it, I get better results auto resolving battle, as when I do it manually troops get stuck everywhere and run into stuiped spots

Is there anyway to avoid any of this? Takes the enjoyment out of it, I get better results auto resolving battle, as when I do it manually troops get stuck everywhere and run into stuiped spots
Try installing the Realistic Battle Mod, it equalizes troop numbers in battles, makes reinforcements spawn on the edge of the map, and solves (somewhat) pathing issues in siege battles. Also, AI troops start acting more like an army, not a zerg horde.
It is not an ideal solution, but it is much better than vanilla. Alas, vanilla combat core is severely flawed right now.

Last edited:
Is there anyway to avoid any of this?
I'm going to answer but I all of these problems are important and TW needs to drastically change them.

- In a 3-4K troops battle, I can only use 1 of my troops at the start. Our faction has more troops at start. Enemy faction sits at their spawn point and units just keep constantly teleport in on top of Calvary and archers.
Try to keep battles under 1k whenever possible, this means hunt down and stop armies before they get too big, don't make a giant army yourself, learn to use smaller faster élite force to beat them. Let the AI parties work on their own, they do better in auto calc then in live battle.
If you sit back, they don’t come to you, so your force to sit your troops in a instant respawn point
If I see reinforcements spawn in a bad spot when I'm at the back of the map I press TAB and retreat and re-start the fight. Just punish the AI with ranged units as they approach and retreat until so many have died that the battle isn't oversized anymore.
Sieges troops get stuck in clumps on ladders
Yeah they do. I have 2 solutions. A: Bring most ranged units, park them right IN front of the ladders, too close for siege weapons to get them and let them shoot down the garrison, only charge them up the ladder when there's very few left so it won't matter if they get stuck goin up. You can also ram them with you horse and it makes them go up sometimes. BONUS: Go in the siege and press 0 f1 f7 to make all you troops retreat, now the enemy infantry open the game and comes out to get you, ride around murder them all with horse archery, you need to hide form the ballista until the infantry is close though, but once they are close they wont fire the ballista's at you. Retreat when out of arrows and do it again until all infantry are dead, now when you attack with archers it forces their ranged to go to the ladders and they get shot up easily. You can also go in the open gate after killing the infantry and snipe out archers too.
B: Build trebuchets, put them in reserve as soon as finished and then bring out 4 at once to destroy the enemy gear and bring down the walls. Now you can just attack over run the enemy whiteout ladder problems.
Troops refuse to break 2nd internal door inside keep, battering ram break first door, then they all run away and climb ladders????
Idduno, I never use the ram, there may be a gear icon if you're close to the second gate and maybe you can click it to make troops attack it, not sure though. Probably just completely bugged.
When your inside keep, troops teleport in behind and front of you and sand which press your troops to death
I don't know about this, usually they only get like 20 troops for a keep battle. You can send troops to the keep battle if the live is a problem though. That said, keep battles are a joke and a waste. I'd rather have a pink sheep model then keep battles.

As Ananda_The_Destroyer said you can hit them with range units until the come after you. I haven't played in sometime but I use to be able to get at least part of an army to chase me if I rode out alone and once they come in range of my ranged units and getting peppered they'll charge.

Yeah the siege stuff not working properly is just ? :poop: at this point. These problems have been around since the beginning of ea and one of the big reason I can't play this game anymore. I honestly don't know if Taleworlds will ever actually fix this, maybe a modder will do it because I don't think Taleworlds knows how.

Back
Top Bottom