Bloc's warband missing features mod list (No Download/Showcase)

Users who are viewing this thread

Goyyyio

Sergeant
WARBAND/VC FEATURES MISSING IN BANNERLORD

First of all I want to clarify these are just demos, each one made in a couple of hours/days afaik, these havent been published, and Bloc said that he might make a mod pack, but it might never happen. Nonetheless, these videos/demos work as a demostration of the capabilities Bannerlord has to be way better than it is, and a proof to Taleworlds that not only the community wants these features into the game, but that they can do it and improve their own limited world.

There are many other features like ambushes, armor smithing, thievery, a freelancer mod, and more in his channel:

While these showcases may lack complexity in some areas, they are again, made in a couple of hours/days. If Taleworlds @Dejan @Callum ever decides to make these features seriously with the work and effort it requires and make it into native, it would vastly improve the experience. A good portion of the community, including me, have always expected more features like this in the game, and I think anyone would appreciate them back into the game. Bloc has proven that they can be done, now we can only hope that Taleworlds listen to this feedback, and do something about it.

Last edited:
He is doing this on purpose to embarrass Taleworlds, so it doesn't count.
And it works, it´s just pathetic what he delivers and what TW delivers (or better does not deliver).

But no worries, 1.7.3 will bring us 2 new armors, some useless balances changes (vlandia armor now has 52 instead of 50 body armor), 5 new battle maps, 1 new castle and some new bugs.

Last edited:
Amazing stuff.

One change I would make is making the player spawn in their civilian outfit. That would make civilian outfits more relevant as a game mechanic, since you would want to have a good backup weapon in case of being ambushed by bandits. Right now civilian outfits are only used in prison breaks, or the clear gang quest that isn't worth doing.

Oh, I love that popcorn that falls into the sofa cushion gap and lies in ambush so that minutes later you find it by sliding your fingers over it and throwing an "oh, what beautiful surprises life brings me" into the air.? ?

On a more serious note and sorry for the direct tagging @Dejan @Callum ; as these Bloc's videos are a pure example of feedback in all its dimensions where the conceptual becomes material, I wonder if all this reaches the eyes of the Taleworlds decision makers/meeting table. Thanks in advance.

Amazing stuff.

One change I would make is making the player spawn in their civilian outfit. That would make civilian outfits more relevant as a game mechanic, since you would want to have a good backup weapon in case of being ambushed by bandits. Right now civilian outfits are only used in prison breaks, or the clear gang quest that isn't worth doing.
It already uses civilian armor.

- This gives another reason for players to clear out hideouts, keep their towns' security high, and also creates an incentive for players to invest in their civilian outfit. Because if you get knocked by bandits, you can lose quite a lot of gold.

Also, it is better to add info about what the mod does. (info from videos description)

A change that makes your initial parent choices more impactful

- adds more Roleplay-salt to the pot. Now if you don't pick your parents as "nobles" then you start the game as a Commoner without a banner until you gain recognition. ( ..like we had in Warband )

Things to note:

- If you don't pick the noble ( first option ) in parent selection, you start as a commoner. This means you won't have your unique banner and won't carry it on the Campaign map. You cannot change it in any way during the gameplay. You have to stick to commoner color.

- Once you become Tier 1, you gain recognition, and the system will prompt you to edit your banner. From that moment on you will continue having the banner.

- As Commoner, you can still gather recruits and companions. Your clan name/tab still exists and is usable.

- If your parents were nobles, it acts as a regular Sandbox game that starts with a banner.

- Since in the game Tier 0 clans already cannot join kingdoms or become mercenaries, as a commoner you need to fight with bandits and resolve quests to gain recognition in Calradia.

- All done ~1,5 hours after I posted the last "Bandit Ambush" video. So.. pizza was good.

Sections:
00:00 Commoner Character Creation
01:22 Noble Character Creation

Prefer if Ambushes didnt tell you it was an ambush, but merely let you think you entered the town and then actually get Ambushed. Never figured out why Warband felt the need to do that

It already uses civilian armor.

- This gives another reason for players to clear out hideouts, keep their towns' security high, and also creates an incentive for players to invest in their civilian outfit. Because if you get knocked by bandits, you can lose quite a lot of gold.
Whoops, I should have read more closely. I got confused by the fact he was wearing mail armour in the video and using a big ass sword. But obviously that's more of an issue with what weapons/armour are designated as civilian.

Back
Top Bottom