Love for MP is on the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Steam forums seem to really hate the idea of Bannerlord multiplayer (Steam Community's respective moderation team included). I dunno if there's an overlap between the moderators on Steam and on TaleWorlds' own forums but at this point, I can only hope that there isn't.
What do you expect from people who can't block

What do you expect from people who can't block
The general consensus regarding Bannerlord on the Steam forums is that multiplayer is somehow a boogieman that stops the singleplayer game from having DLC-sized content updates, as if a few guys editing text files for multiplayer weapon stats is stopping the game from getting new art assets and story content. If you ask a decent amount of people on Steam regarding Bannerlord's multiplayer, you'd get the typical "Euthanize the multiplayer dog" response, with some threads talking about multiplayer specifically just getting locked on Steam.

So yeah, I'm a bit concerned that the devs might consider just shutting everything down, with the only thing we can realistically hope for being that another game gets crowned as some kind of partially official multiplayer mode for Bannerlord, like how War of the Roses and War of the Vikings had 10% discount for people who owned Warband.

Steam forums seem to really hate the idea of Bannerlord multiplayer (Steam Community's respective moderation team included). I dunno if there's an overlap between the moderators on Steam and on TaleWorlds' own forums but at this point, I can only hope that there isn't.
Yes, moderators over there are also here. Would love to know what you're referencing. Closing critical thread?

Yes, moderators over there are also here. Would love to know what you're referencing. Closing critical thread?
This is more or less what the Steam Forums look like

Multiplayer has become the M-word that must not be named in the Steam Forums.

Last edited:
This is more or less what the Steam Forums look like
Oh yea I know. But you mentioned the moderators hating multiplayer so I was looking for evidence of that. I see moderators in threads when they are closed because a bunch of people are attacking TW/Multiplayer in general.

The general consensus regarding Bannerlord on the Steam forums is that multiplayer is somehow a boogieman that stops the singleplayer game from having DLC-sized content updates, as if a few guys editing text files for multiplayer weapon stats is stopping the game from getting new art assets and story content. If you ask a decent amount of people on Steam regarding Bannerlord's multiplayer, you'd get the typical "Euthanize the multiplayer dog" response, with some threads talking about multiplayer specifically just getting locked on Steam.

So yeah, I'm a bit concerned that the devs might consider just shutting everything down, with the only thing we can realistically hope for being that another game gets crowned as some kind of partially official multiplayer mode for Bannerlord, like how War of the Roses and War of the Vikings had 10% discount for people who owned Warband.
You should disregard people who think MP shouldn't exist, they tend to be the people with the least experience with the franchise.

You should disregard people who think MP shouldn't exist, they tend to be the people with the least experience with the franchise.
And if threads are being locked over people liking Bannerlord multiplayer, I think that's a point where we should be concerned about whether or not there will even be a Bannerlord multiplayer by the end of this year.

I give 0 flying ducks about their monetary gain, i am not their financial advisor. I just want to get a game that doesn't crash and has what was promised to us.

If you think we need to give them any monetary reason to make the MP better, you're delusional.

I’m delusional because I implied that a company won’t put resources into something that will yield negligible profit.

Got it.

Obviously, I want TW to develop MP. I don’t want money to dictate their actions, and borrowing from the comment above, I don’t want capitalism to rule the gaming industry.

It would be nice if TW was a non-profit multiplayer studio, but regrettably, they’re not.

I’m delusional because I implied that a company won’t put resources into something that will yield negligible profit.

Got it.

Obviously, I want TW to develop MP. I don’t want money to dictate their actions, and borrowing from the comment above, I don’t want capitalism to rule the gaming industry.

It would be nice if TW was a non-profit multiplayer studio, but regrettably, they’re not.
Yes, you're delusional for thinking the multiplayer was going to make a big profit when the devs they allocate is negligible.

It's as if the number of devs working on something scales to how good a product can be (there are exception but we're talking about the norm)

You'd expect consumers like us to push this needed change for them to see it to be worthwhile, but instead we're stuck with people like you who try to justify them to drop the whole MP side of games because of "negligible profit". No i don't want them to "drop" the MP so i can wait another 10 years before i can play MP mods when only one dev works on it.

What do you think we can do to push them to change anything, if you own a copy of the game they got what they wanted out of you. Plus they've made it abundantly clear they know what the 'tiny minority' who care about MP think.

goliath_bites_the_big_one_4727.jpg

Your chances of being killed by a slinger are low.

But never 0.

How do you propose they make money off it?
Theres actually alot of ways for them to make money off multiplayer without turning the playerbase against them, but its obvious multiplayer isnt a priority, and probably never will be. Its pretty short sighted, and hopefully they'll change their mind.

I'm assuming the devs are checking this Let's say 0 percent means the next patch just started its work. And 100 percent means it's going into beta now. What percentage is the next patch at for it to be completed?

Back
Top Bottom