How to separate experienced troops from novice troops of the same type?

Users who are viewing this thread

R1919

Sergeant
Hello there,

Before 1.7 I could assign a group number (0-9) to any type of units.
It was convenient if I wanted to separate experienced troops from novice troops of the same type.
For example, I could assign number 0 to my Khuzait Darkhans and in battles with few looters just keep them away from the fighting so other troops could get experience.
With this new system I just can't separate top level infantry from low level infantry and most of the mere looters are just stomped by many 26+ level guys who don't need any experience at all while a few of novice troops just don't have a chance to make a hit.
Is there any other way exists?

The new order of battle, to use a technical term, sucks. You cannot separate units by tier. You cannot separate units by type. You can only separate by how they are equipped. It has nowhere near the flexibility of the old roman number shields. It truly bites brown air.

It only sucks because it wasn´t improved in any way since it was introduced. The system could be good, just needs improvements, like the whole game.

they could try adding tier options to the setup the same way we add weapon types. I guess if they allowed us to use both systems, it would crash too much or not work at all

Use the helmet Icon on one formation to keep/put more armored troops there, pay attention to how many lower tier troops you have and zoom in and look to see you split them as you wish, use the slider. It's not perfect but it works good enough for now.
Also use paid in promises and giving hands too use the never ending loot from never ending armies to level up all your never ending troops, what were you gonna go chase around looters? No, you got a map to paint! We win the battles and throw armor and weapons at our new recruits until they're expert soldiers!

I agree. I do enjoy the new system overall.
When training up recruits I usually had them all in number 5, Just rushed them towards the enemy while my "proper" troops stayed back.
The new system do allow for assigning, where I put "Prefer Shield" on number 1, however it is a bit clunky, and the older system made this way easier.
But I would like to have this new system AND be able to put them in diferent number categories like we did before.

It only sucks because it wasn´t improved in any way since it was introduced. The system could be good, just needs improvements, like the whole game.
Absolutely right.
Momentary it seems really if something new or some changes (whyever) are implemented it is more the rough foundation and the player must wait (quite long) for further improvements or polishing. And if those new content will function without huger crashes devs are obvisouly pleased for the moment.

If you use troop loadout changing mods, the current system becomes even more useless.

In RBM all imperial infantry troops have POLEARMS and SHIELDS, even recruits. It is virtually impossible to separate infantry tiers from each other. Same goes for Vlandia and other factions LOL.

The new order of battle, to use a technical term, sucks. You cannot separate units by tier. You cannot separate units by type. You can only separate by how they are equipped. It has nowhere near the flexibility of the old roman number shields. It truly bites brown air.
That's wrong. When I try to separate my troops by shield/armor I still get looters in group 1 (shield/armor prio) and high tier troops in group 4 (rest of melee). So yeah. They system just doesn't work...
Why bother improving if it doesn't work in the first place =D. First fix it then we can work on improving.
In RBM all imperial infantry troops have POLEARMS and SHIELDS, even recruits. It is virtually impossible to separate infantry tiers from each other. Same goes for Vlandia and other factions LOL.
Me trying to make a spear line:
Veteran Battanian Falxman -HEY YO WE GOT POLEARM TOO CHIEF :cool:.

Back
Top Bottom