Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

Users who are viewing this thread

The game is scripted
I can back Blood Gryphon here.
The game is far from scripted and this comes after more than a full year of playing and almost 4K hours played on steam in the last 16 months.
There are some factions who are more likely to snowball but i have played enough campaigns to see any of them do well.
the current one i am playing ,and you can also view it on Twitch if you don't belive it, has the Western Empire, Southern Empire and Aserai all doing very well after 30 years. the Southern and my own kingdom together own around 80 Fiefs which is roughly 3/4 of the map. with the Western and Aserai owning a good chunk of what is left and Battania and Vlandia still owning little land.

There was a time pre 1.6. where any campaign felt the same with the Khuzait being the main power after 10-15 years and Vlandia or Battania increasing their reach too.
At that time it did feel like you against the Khuzait but that time is long gone.
Game right now is way too balanced if anything, but hardly unbalanced.
The only faction i kinda never sow doing too well is Sturgia. it seems like their Geographical location combined with their not so good economy is what makes them weaker than the rest.
Another faction who hardly seem to rise up from my experience is the Northern Empire

I would say nay to cutscenes personally, I love that Warband/Bannerlord are games you just play without unnecessary interruptions of gameplay by awkward CGI movies.
Cutscenes is a massive production load for a studio. Its basically like producing a Cannes short film with CGI. Story, lore and costumes. Setting and soundtrack. Just the soundtrack may take months just for 1 tune. I hope that once the game is out of EA, TW will flex and wind abit and add some cool cutscenes :smile:

4D52D162D48FCAAA06735B9F00B03988109C03AE

Soundtrack:

Last edited:
Cutscenes is a massive production load for a studio. Its basically like producing a Cannes short film with CGI. Story, lore and costumes. Setting and soundtrack. Just the soundtrack may take months just for 1 tune. I hope that once the game is out of EA, TW will flex and wind abit and add some cool cutscenes :smile:
From the short gif taleworlds teased in their future plans post it seems like it will be reasonably simple, amounting to about a 10 second animation within one scene and without dialogue

Well yeah there are cinematics where you use the engine and its assets and then there are actual animated CGI cinematics, Im not a pro, I dont know all the terms of the various production methods but Im sure they have a name

It doesnt have to be animated even, TW have some good artists and I can easily imagine Bannerlord cutscenes done in the same way as the Max Payne cutscenes/"cinematic":

-no feasts or events.
-no claimants/usurpers
-no cutscenes
-randomly generated companions < jeremus
-no promised gang/brigand playstyle
-villages don't count as fiefs, only useless castles and town do.
-no upgradable villages
-no manhunters
-no naval combat
-RtR system from Warband discarded, a clown could become a faction leader overnight.
-no books or trainers.
-no hitmens targeting you/random encounters like the belligerent drunk.
-no lords consipiring on each others, no duels. 0 political intrigue.
-no political quests and denouncement quests.
-no deserters
-no deeper courtships, just gamble rng, no poems.
-no real reason to visit towns/castle/villages at all.
-no camping.
-lots of other content removed/discarded.
-meme ingame economy.
-meme ingame diplomacy.
-lots of exploit-early game is a chore/boring.
-meme mid-late game

Pretty ****ing sweet sheep textures tho.

Anyone having a problem with the gameplay window getting frozen (but not really frozen) or disappearing but the game still running? It's not a real crash or freez but I can't get it sorted out and have to stop the game from steam.
Respectfully, nobody cares about any of this. The only thing we care about is private servers. Just release them so we can have fun the ways we want to.
Yay and excuse for all 5 players to log in, say the N word at each other and get banned again!

Anyone having a problem with the gameplay window getting frozen (but not really frozen) or disappearing but the game still running? It's not a real crash or freez but I can't get it sorted out and have to stop the game from steam.
yeah i had one soft freeze before (but cannot remember what i did)
and another guy reported some of these soft freezes in relation to hideouts

Yep, almost constantly after exiting the game (MP), the startup process is still listed in the task manager. And in order to start a new game without rebooting the comp, I need to remove the startup process in the task manager.

Is TW sharing hotfix/patch notes in these threads anymore? I keep receiving Steam notifications, but I'm not entirely sure what the update is for?

Back
Top Bottom