I am once again asking to make spears good again

Users who are viewing this thread

Can we please talk about how spears are practically useless against regular infantry? Spears were the preferred choice of weapon for most armies as it had a great range of tactical abilities with it; good reach, durable, can be used to throw, etc. But unless your on a horse the spear is never a good choice. How can we fix this?

The easiest fixes for spears I can think of would be first make it so that you can overhead attack while holding out your shield. Second make the sweet spot for spear thrust more forgiving because it's incredibly small. Third make the the animation a bit faster. I seriously doubt Taleworlds would do any of it because they'd have to make those changes sp only because it would unbalance mp. Tbf spears in Warband weren't great except vs cavalry, polearms were good but not spears.

the spear is one of the most versatile weapons out there. one hand with a shield it has great thrust speed and variable range depending on where you choose to hold it. but using a spear with both hands it becomes a different weapon all together. the extra hand for pivot you can change the direction of attack so much faster and while thrusting. you can spin it, you can slam it. you can parry with it. you can faint, you can double/triple jab in the time of one sword swing... there is just so much you can do with it. it's not just a long pokey stick.

the spear is one of the most versatile weapons out there. one hand with a shield it has great thrust speed and variable range depending on where you choose to hold it. but using a spear with both hands it becomes a different weapon all together. the extra hand for pivot you can change the direction of attack so much faster and while thrusting. you can spin it, you can slam it. you can parry with it. you can faint, you can double/triple jab in the time of one sword swing... there is just so much you can do with it. it's not just a long pokey stick.
Sure, but that's not a fantastic battlefield weapon. Better to have a shield, a very long spear or some sort of harder hitting polearm. And I don't think anyone in this period was going around with just a spear in any case.

There where several mods that claim to improve spears with almost all the points the OP makes. Is there any updated mod that one can recommend?
I haven’t seen the attack while blocking feature anywhere, i am interested to see what the effect would be

There where several mods that claim to improve spears with almost all the points the OP makes. Is there any updated mod that one can recommend?
I haven’t seen the attack while blocking feature anywhere, i am interested to see what the effect would be
All I can say is that almost everyone who dis or criticized my spear buff methods ended up doing what I did. LOL. SMH. Haters gonna hate.
The block while attacking feature is definitely a good thing in single player only. Soldiers can still get attacked through the gaps or flanked, or their shields can break after awhile. A mod can easily accomplish this, but this is a feature TW needs to address themselves.

They seem to work pretty well in RBM imo.

Sure, but that's not a fantastic battlefield weapon. Better to have a shield, a very long spear or some sort of harder hitting polearm. And I don't think anyone in this period was going around with just a spear in any case.
dude. a long spear is just a spear. lol frankly pikes and lances are spears too. let's not get boggled down by semantics here. if a person drops or lost his shield he's certainly gonna 2h that spear and gain huge benefits in attacks speed and reach, but the 2h bonus in bannerlord is negligible

I think that the damage output should be dramatically increased and they need to be a lot faster.

Realistic Battle Mod - the Combat Module is what you want.

It will change a ton of other things however.

I think that the damage output should be dramatically increased and they need to be a lot faster.

Realistic Battle Mod - the Combat Module is what you want.

It will change a ton of other things however.
Thanks, I played with RBM in the past and I liked it , but With new patches I like to see how the gameplay is without mods. And with an big mod like RBM there are always changes that you individually don’t like. Like really slow archery animation (not sure if that is still in). I was wondering if there is a small mod that just adresses the Points the OP makes. I haven’t seen a mod that allows you to attack while blocking.

RBM combat module has good changes for spears, but I don't like some of it's other features and don't use it, instead I'm using Spear Rework mod. I reallly like the mod. That's with 1.7.0 however, I'm not sure it's usable in the newest version.

Back
Top Bottom