Bannerlord - UAV - Bayraktar Drone, Military Convoy demo

Users who are viewing this thread

Errayn

Sergeant Knight at Arms

Bannerlord - UAV - Bayraktar Drone, Military Convoy​

Bloc's dev diary,

A simple demonstration of how more modern-implementation of Bannerlord might work.

Things to note:

Custom UAV command logic along with completely new IR View for close up view and custom GUI created

Entire set of tanks, APCs, trucks, and resource vehicles are added.

Convoy is generated based on soldier count, and soldiers do sit in trucks or guard the sideways of the convoy. Exploded vehicles damage and kills the surrounding guards, and the sight of this leads others to flee ( only for AI bots that is able to see that scene )

Drone/UAV is Bayraktar Akıncı - we could use TB2 as well but didn't because of reasons you might think of.

Also added HK G3 and AK-47 but didn't actually implement the combat logic for AI so I had to remove that part from the demo.

This definitely took more than I anticipated. I thought I could reuse Space Battle code but apparently, spaceships move differently than unmanned aircraft :grin: Errayn added the model 4-5 days ago, I was sure that he would give up while adding it, but he didn't so I had to code the overall logic afterward.

I have zero-to-none aviation knowledge prior, so you might say that drone moves unnaturally, which would be a fair point.

A huge thanks to Errayn as usual. He created the map and added all these models by enduring the weirdness of modding tools.

Akıncı model is from yusufes and other vehicles are from davidbroutian in Sketchfab. Though we did custom modifications in both of their models.

Songs: Infraction - War, Infraction- Battle, Infraction - Hero

Small note:

Though we realized later on that this might be taken in a wrong way by some, we didn't want to hold it back and not-release a video because of something that you might think of.

I believe demonstrating even in UAV in Bannerlord brings the possibility to ARMA-like mods

I had never thought of the possibility of a contemporary military mod for Bannerlord/Warband but actually that sounds like a really fun idea, barring resemblance with reality.

Phenomenal mod (and map too)! Can't wait until there's more modders around for Bannerlord to start releasing big overhaul mods, those are always real fun. Hopefuly some people will take inspiration from Bloc :smile:

I'd kill to see a Balkan Wars server on a M&B game, if for nothing else than to witness first-hand the pinnacle of human retardation.

While tech demos like these are awesome, just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.
Modern warfare mods belong to modern warfare games who do these things better.
What I hope from the tech modder department are tools and models that make Mount and Blade more Mounty and Blady, like the windmill helicopter magic, i.e. logpunk.

Last edited:
While tech demos like these are awesome, just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.
I don't agree with you about it. You can mod whatever you want from bannerlord to the limits. You can see a dev example here.

What I hope from the tech modder department are tools and models that make Mount and Blade more Mounty and Blady, like the windmill helicopter magic, i.e. logpunk.

okay, here you go

Models and stuff are already there, this one is 100% made by modding tools 0 c# knowlage required. (Because of it it has limitations, follows a pre-defined path.) But Taleworlds doesn't have to make a Robocraft game in modding tools that you create your own vehicles. That's modders work and bloc confirms, it is possible.

Now go and make a melee mod in Arma 3

Impressive, but I honestly think its waste of time and effort when you obviously have the ability to make something but make something useless :/

Agreed. This is an interesting 'proof of concept'..... but beyond that, it's just a waste of time.

I'm happy to hear that Bloc is enjoying himself playing around, but I kinda dont see a reason why his funtime gets announced to us here as some sort of second coming of Christ. :smile:

Let the man have his fun in peace!

Yeah I get that, I just think he should spend effort having fun making something that we would enjoy using for more than 5mins and a lol
He's not making mods for you or any of us buddy, he's just seeing how far he can push the game and putting out demos for any modder to get inspired with.

While I respect your opinion I wholeheartedly disagree with it.

Yeah I get that, I just think he should spend effort having fun making something that we would enjoy using for more than 5mins and a lol
So he should work for our enjoyment for free? wth is this argument lol. He can do whatever he wants, besides, this kind of comment is probably why Bloc left the forums alltogether, can believe the dude is just pushing the game a little bit and he gets criticized for "not being usable to the community", back off mate

So he should work for our enjoyment for free? wth is this argument lol. He can do whatever he wants, besides, this kind of comment is probably why Bloc left the forums alltogether, can believe the dude is just pushing the game a little bit and he gets criticized for "not being usable to the community", back off mate
+1

Most entitled comment I read on a popular youtube channel in a bannerlord video goes something like this and it wasn't sarcasm either: Someone should spend all his free time making mods while I get to enjoy my life and that mod should be free. I'm not subscribing, not donating, etc. These modders don't have a right to privatize their work. It should be available to the public no matter what.

Bloc, LLMuse, who's next?

While I respect your opinion I wholeheartedly disagree with it.
I've been saying this for years. Some things just don't make much sense and it shows later with mod popularity.
The modern shooter mods from Warband didn't have much success, because they were bad at being shooters, which is because the engine was poor at supporting shooters. Only Star Wars mods were played because they were Star Wars, not because they were good at gameplay.
Same argument for solo hero adventuring in an open world. There were awesome experiments on Warband, none of them succeeded in playability because why play an inferior Skyrim on Warband if you can play Skyrim and its mods - it was just techies trying to impress other techies and the adoring crowds.

You use a game engine for its superiority over other engines and this one is good at mass medieval combat. There is so much that can still be done in that direction.
Of course this won't stop people trying to recreate Minecraft on a Bannerlord engine and it may well be fun for them and the public for a short time.

"Modders can't be criticized because they work for free" is not a very good argument. There are valid criticisms if they are respectful and are not merely toxic trolling for attention.

"Modders can't be criticized because they work for free" is not a very good argument. There are valid criticisms if they are respectful and are not merely toxic trolling for attention.
Criticized for what exactly??¿?¿??? Critizicing a modder just for not making what you want is not a critique, is just a crybaby attitude because they're not buying them a toy. Seriously, modders don't owe us anything, and yes, modders working for free is a good argument on how they shouldn't be treated as our content slaves, maybe you can criticize the mod itself, maybe you can criticize them if you patronize them somehow, but putting yourself in a higher place and deem what is worth as a mod and what is not, saying that a modder is wasting his time for not making something """'useful to the community"""" is nuts talk, and I don't think there is any argument that can make me think the discussion in this thread makes any sense whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom