FSR support in bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not sure if he is still checking the forum or not but I guess @Murat Türe can answer this question. I don't think anyone in the Taleworlds Engine team will say "no" to a free performance boost ( little or not ) - especially if the implementation/integration effort is not enormous as other people claim.

I'm not sure if he is still checking the forum or not but I guess @Murat Türe can answer this question. I don't think anyone in the Taleworlds Engine team will say "no" to a free performance boost ( little or not ) - especially if the implementation/integration effort is not enormous as other people claim.
would be nice it will allow people with low end gpus to be able to play game at respectable quality preset or play it at least, so far no respond from taleworld , just say yes ok no problem or no back off at least an answer

The only way possible them not implementing or commenting FSR is they have a deal with Nvidia. But this would be pretty stupid considering possible console releases.

The only way possible them not implementing or commenting FSR is they have a deal with Nvidia.
Too late, they didn't read the small letters.
8098e689e112f9371191b776a69bcd84.jpg

Don't mean to wake up an old thread, but there is still no news about this right? Would be so handy for AMD users if we can get a boost on our fps also
They prolly won't support it, AMD release yesterday I think new driver feature called RSR it is basically FSR, but driver based, but will only work on RX 5000 and RX 6000 series of cards, RSR based on FSR 1.0 and driver based meaning it support all games, native implementation in game would be better doe
to enable it u need to have adrenalin driver i think 22.3.1+ enable it from driver interface in gaming tab maybe, and u need lower ur ingame resolution [u must be in fullscreen] and it will work it magic, again only on cards like rx 5500xt 5600xt 5700/xt 6500xt[dont buy it **** card] 6600/xt 6700xt 6800/xt 6900xt

That's true it also runs on non-AMD hardware.

Also in the dev information it says it should be easy to add if your project already supports DLSS which Bannerlord does!

So I truly hope the M&B devs add it. It must be added by devs, you can't sort of find workarounds like FSR 1.0.

Yes - I am hopeful that this will result in a modest performance boost as well.

A bit off topic, but I'm more interested now in getting an AMD GPU.

To my understanding, this is already available to players as of 1.7.0. When your resolution scale is below 100, it is used to upscale the resulting image.
No I don't think FSR is implemented, if you're talking about plain old resolution scale then yes it is available and was available even before 1.7.0, but usually FSR got more quality to it than resolution scale it is like DLSS, note that FSR 2.0 will come soon, and they said if any game got DLSS 2.0+ devs can implement FSR 2.0 in less than 3 days, I don't really know if there is truth behind it, but ye would help if u got it in their chief.

Yes - I am hopeful that this will result in a modest performance boost as well.

A bit off topic, but I'm more interested now in getting an AMD GPU.
Hate to assist with derailing :grin: But I gotta shamelessly brag about my rx 6800 (non-xt), its a great GPU, a real workhorse, the best Ive ever had :grin: Never regret boycut of team green and blue

6447182_sd.jpg

Hate to assist with derailing :grin: But I gotta shamelessly brag about my rx 6800 (non-xt), its a great GPU, a real workhorse, the best Ive ever had :grin: Never regret boycut of team green and blue

6447182_sd.jpg
Yes that card depends on how much u paid should be one of the best deals, even AMD felt at loss when they announced it at $580, so they will discontinue it, on this topic however I don't think RX 6800 will get any benefit from game like bannerlord with dlss or FSR since most of the time u CPU bound in heavy scenes, it is more for people with low end GPUs, and I hope u enjoy it.

No I don't think FSR is implemented, if you're talking about plain old resolution scale then yes it is available and was available even before 1.7.0, but usually FSR got more quality to it than resolution scale it is like DLSS, note that FSR 2.0 will come soon, and they said if any game got DLSS 2.0+ devs can implement FSR 2.0 in less than 3 days, I don't really know if there is truth behind it, but ye would help if u got it in their chief.
The resolution scale existed before, FSR upscaling came with 1.7.0. FSR 2.0 will be considered but no decision has been made.

The resolution scale existed before, FSR upscaling came with 1.7.0. FSR 2.0 will be considered but no decision has been made.
So you're telling me as of 1.7.0 FSR is implemented, surprised because it wasn't mentioned in the patch, and it usually has a set % scale as other games, but I do remember u had new 50% cap on resolution scale, so I would take your word for it. Thank u chief, FSR 2.0 would help to :xf-smile:

Back
Top Bottom