Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

Users who are viewing this thread

I was just talking about the time until the final release. I don´t think there is any hope that TW will surprise with something like:

"You know what guys, we listened to you and worked hard. Now you can finally give more detailed orders to your clan parties to have more control over them."

Not announced yet = won´t be in the game until final release

Stuff like this won´t happen, that´s what I mean. But I´m also sceptical for the time after the final release, we´ll get DLC for sure because of $$$. But I´m not sure about if TW will add anything for free. Of course they keep fixing bugs and stuff like this, but some new feature for free? I have my doubts. But I won´t be mad if TW will surprise me once so...
Money is not a problem. What functions can DLC add to brighten my eyes can make me pay willingly. For example, day and night cycle, dynamic weather, interaction, RPG mission and naval battle. If you can pay another $20, there is no problem. If you can do real-time global illumination, you can ask $50. Can you do it? I don't think you have that technical strength.

new patch and is nice from the point of optimaztion...content...you guys are rly ****ing taking a piss?the new sholder pieces look like an abomination that exist just to make God mad the aserai armors are eh...ofcourse you have a new ****ing batannian item cuz why the hell not.so I guess for vlandia players and sturgian players we can **** off since your art team belives that a faction inspired from normans and one from slavs and nord only have 2 tipes of mail shirts and a few helmets with small variations between them.not to speek on the empire armors that factions is just an imagination.what the duck is so hard to make a proper ducking early medieval cape?or some western armors?you have the ducking caroligian empire the ducking asturia to inspire but your art team is simping for batania and the rest of the items are at best averege if not god damn ugly as hell.guess I will ducking hope the new betta will have at leas some western europe soacks since making an armor is so bloody hard for the "art team"

Last edited:
new patch and is nice from the point of optimaztion...content...you guys are rly ****ing taking a piss?the new sholder pieces look like an abomination that exist just to make God mad the aserai armors are eh...ofcourse you have a new ****ing batannian item cuz why the hell not.so I guess for vlandia players and sturgian players we can **** off since your art team belives that a faction inspired from normans and one from slavs and nord only have 2 tipes of mail shirts and a few helmets with small variations between them.not to speek on the empire armors that factions is just an imagination.what the duck is so hard to make a proper ducking early medieval cape?or some western armors?you have the ducking caroligian empire the ducking asturia to inspire but your art team is simping for batania and the rest of the items are at best averege if not god damn ugly as hell.guess I will ducking hope the new betta will have at leas some western europe soacks since making an armor is so bloody hard for the "art team"
One single Battanian item isn't too much of a big deal. All the rest was Aserai and Empire stuff.

I did a poll on which faction needs new armour pieces the most and Vlandia came first, but Empire came second and Aserai came third, so clearly people think there is a need for it. And I like the new armours. So this is fine imo. Yes, I fully agree Vlandia and Sturgia need more stuff and have made posts about it myself in the past - in particular Sturgia needs a Kievan Rus shield for their aesthetic and Blandia needs a shoulder armour of their own - but this is a bit of an excessive response. I'm sure future patches will have some stuff for them.

I did a poll on which faction needs new armour pieces the most and Vlandia came first, but Empire came second and Aserai came third, so clearly people think there is a need for it.
I feel I need to say that there is a big difference between "want" and "need"

I feel I need to say that there is a big difference between "want" and "need"
Technically yes you could argue nothing is needed at all because this is an entertainment product instead of a necessity and by that argument, no different armour pieces would never be needed.

I take "need" to mean "require a handful more items in order to look sufficiently different from other factions, represent the source material better, make in-game troops actually look like the loading screens (Vlandians wear lots of capes in promo art), make troops look different from each other, and make top tier units look cool instead of disappointing". Not just more for the sake of having more but to achieve aesthetic goals. And if the 3D modelling team isn't doing anything else, they might as well.

With that said I will definitely say there are an enormous amount of armour pieces in vanilla and they've done a fantastic job overall. With a few more bits for Vlandia to have their own shoulder armours/capes, and Sturgia to have a shield that makes them visually interesting, the cosmetic variety in the game would be perfect.

One single Battanian item isn't too much of a big deal. All the rest was Aserai and Empire stuff.

I did a poll on which faction needs new armour pieces the most and Vlandia came first, but Empire came second and Aserai came third, so clearly people think there is a need for it. And I like the new armours. So this is fine imo. Yes, I fully agree Vlandia and Sturgia need more stuff and have made posts about it myself in the past - in particular Sturgia needs a Kievan Rus shield for their aesthetic and Blandia needs a shoulder armour of their own - but this is a bit of an excessive response. I'm sure future patches will have some stuff for them.
Hello and sorry for the late reply.
-"I did a poll on which faction needs new armour pieces the most and Vlandia came first"-we know how useful and realistic most polls are and even if initially I didn't want to believe but apparently the TW team does not take into account feedback from the community.I understand that on the programming side, the implementation of some things takes time and that optimizing the product to run better is a priority but on the content side you can't add some armor and weapons it only shows incompetence and ignorance towards the consumer.

-"One single Battanian item isn't too much of a big deal"-yes, if we take into account the latest updates mostly just armor for the Battanian faction.and worse, they are so incompetent so much so that even if they added new armor and weapons to this faction they made no effort to make a visual update for the faction's lords.

-"And I like the new armours" I would like to say that it is a matter of personal taste but this is exactly the mentality that led the CA company (guys from total war)to decrease the quality of the main products on the history side.I suggest you look at 768 mode for total war attila where we have a concrete representation of the factions at the visual level. yes they are common elements clearly due to the period but in principle there are more than 2 helmets and three chainmail shirts.the shoulders look as if someone has hastily glued some leather the cloak would have been interesting if it weren't so thin and short and the new armor looks like Ubisoft has participated in this game.Since its launch, Vlandia has received nothing but 1 armor and 2 helmets, which are of dubious quality.not to mention the genius who thought that joke of an imperial cloak was good for the sergeant and his armor.

-I shouldn't be surprised since warband was of questionable quality when it came to armor and faction representation.and that the reason the game was famous was the community and the mods made by them.they have a whole historical period from which to draw inspiration for all factions.

but unfortunately TW is going for the woider audience(a totally stupid reason considering that most of the communitie comes from CK and total war which only games for the general audience are not) not to mention the fact that the TWs consider us literally mouth breathers since they could not have lords with individual flags and colors because it would be too confusing for us strange when a simple solution would have been to make their names and locations written in the color of the faction example red for vlandia blue for sturgia green for battania etc.and let's talk about the fact that we won't see rain and other natural effects typical of the summer season because it crushes the game to often(they worked on this graphics engine for 8 years).or let's talk about how they said that every town and castle will be unique?and how almost everything was in the promotional material from 2016-2018 visually it looks better than what we have now not to mention the gameplay.

This whole thing smells like cyberpunk 2077 and this game will be just a skeleton for the basics of community-based modes.
I love this game and it has many good parts in it but unfortunately we don't have an alternative to it and we have to ask the developers to give us something beyond the generic video game try not to lose hope and patience with TW yet I really love this game and I see the potential in it considering that I have 1,111 hours spent in it and I hope that the team that deals with the artistic direction of the game will do a better job than what they have done so far and not just mediocrity or many of us will have to wait for a faction reskin from the dudes that make anno 1051 and 768 for total war attila (yes they announced that they are working on a reskin for bannerlord because apparently amateurs do a better job than professionals)

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/7a/82/07/7a8207737cab693f248ca4495fc4e395.jpg

and this are just a few examples for TW but they just ubisoft the game

Back
Top Bottom