Bannerlord - Assassination - Procedural Climbing, Assassin Mission demo

Users who are viewing this thread

Errayn

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Armagans Creed : Calradia

Bloc's new demo

Basic Lore:
Beni Zilal are the self-proclaimed "keepers of the secret" who "watch from the shadows" in Calradia, but Order of Soon™ is a sub-section of Beni Zilal, people who follow the teaching of their prophet, which they call, Armagan, "the gifted one". They are known for their assassinations of Empire nobles to weaken their strength to liberate their lands on the Aserain gulf.

This is a basic and buggy implementation of an AC mission ( AC stands for Armagan's Creed :razz: See lore for this to make sense )
Things to note:
- Almost every building is climbable. Animation takes normal climb animation as its base but changes hand positions based on procedural animation, generated by the climbed model shape. However, because of engine limitations, creating immersive procedural animation isn't possible ( Raycast doesn't see many objects in the scene for some reason ) Because of that, it's super clunky.
- Guards do have "vision" AI and won't get alerted unless they actually see you. Once you shot something inside the keep, they will immediately hear and react based on that.
- Once you successfully kill the target, the town will be on alert - and people will get scared of you and guards will try to find you by wandering randomly in the town until you run away.

Songs:
Eastern War - Escape From The Hell, Arabic Background- Eastern

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Lol, I'm laughing my ass off :lol:.

Evidently this demo is buggy (created in hours if not a couple of days) but on a conceptual level THIS apart from being fun... once more this applied would broaden the player's playable experience.

giphy.gif

Lol, I'm laughing my ass off :lol:.

Evidently this demo is buggy (created in hours if not a couple of days) but on a conceptual level THIS apart from being fun... once more this applied would broaden the player's playable experience.
Also, he doesn't have a mocap studio or budget like some studio has. He is using part of siege ladder climbing animation. the bloc's imagination with limited resources is incredible.

Seems like the player will be overpowered with the ability to climb any wall at anytime -maybe a stamina tradeoff or something. Also i wish we could get an entire game of AI with a real line-of-sight on the battlefield. That would change up the game completely as both sides could send out scouts and ambush squads.

No doubt Bloc has been free in creating this mechanic with the means available; that is a creative and technical achievement. However, I think he wanted to take a step further the forgotten concept that taleworlds intended to implement when sneaking a castle/city.

Here is the forgotten in-game code:
Code:
C#:
game_menu_castle_town_sneak_grappling_hook_on_consequence
 InformationManager.AddQuickInformation(new TextObject("{=!}TODO You have not any grappling hook!",..

... and in-game prop:

uovFC.jpg

No doubt Bloc has been free in creating this mechanic with the means available; that is a creative and technical achievement. However, I think he wanted to take a step further the forgotten concept that taleworlds intended to implement when sneaking a castle/city.

Here is the forgotten in-game code:
Code:
C#:
game_menu_castle_town_sneak_grappling_hook_on_consequence
 InformationManager.AddQuickInformation(new TextObject("{=!}TODO You have not any grappling hook!",..

... and in-game prop:

uovFC.jpg
Bloc is on a creative frenzy!
Regarding the above grappling hook "feature', there is nothing that much to be excited about.
From what I could see, it is only an item needed to be present in your inventory to probably unlock a button in the town menu (the one for starting a siege).
Hitting it would launch a specific mission by night, spawning your character on the wall, maybe for killing some guards etc.

Regarding the above grappling hook "feature', there is nothing that much to be excited about.
From what I could see, it is only an item needed to be present in your inventory to probably unlock a button in the town menu (the one for starting a siege).
Hitting it would launch a specific mission by night, spawning your character on the wall, maybe for killing some guards etc.
Exactly.

I've been talking to him and that line of forgotten code and that prop was simply an old mission which you had to buy grappling hook and sneak into somewhere but didn't have actual gameplay/mission element in it.

Apart from the fact that Bloc is a good lad, with great creativity and technical skills; I love his always inextinguishable curiosity in looking for an extra nut twist to mechanics and dynamics through this kind of demonstrations.

Exactly.

I've been talking to him and that line of forgotten code and that prop was simply an old mission which you had to buy grappling hook and sneak into somewhere but didn't have actual gameplay/mission element in it.

Apart from the fact that Bloc is a good lad, with great creativity and technical skills; I love his always inextinguishable curiosity in looking for an extra nut twist to mechanics and dynamics through this kind of demonstrations.
Nah man. There is another grapple hook that goes straight up to wall height.

This is awesome! Taleworlds should really hire this guy.
The only thing that's going to come out from this on Taleworld's end is:
"We no longer need siege ladders and the likes. It's too complex to implement. Instead, soldiers can just start climbing the walls."

Great effort. I imagined a player assassin would have a gillie suit , sneaking past guards etc. or maybe hiding as a villager / notable person , offering Quests to the intended target.

Nah man. There is another grapple hook that goes straight up to wall height.
[...]
That' s right, after looking a bit more I have found it. Thanks for the info, although it is true that the one I shared previously I had seen it some time ago, the one that goes directly to the wall I was unaware of its existence.

Here the prop:

FLjIk.jpg

At least by giving it that _mission_ line they had something in mind... I don't know to what degree ingame.

Back
Top Bottom