Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Dejan also engages in these types of discussions (more often than me) and conveys what he can. I think it's fair to share that we have been working pretty hard to get the patch out and you may have seen the recent movement on steam DB as well (read - no patch today, more likely next week). We may still run into an unforeseen issue though.
image.png

more than you? are you sure?

image.png

I think it's fair to share that we have been working pretty hard to get the patch out
I never had any doubts about you guys working as hard as you can.
Thanks for the heads up Duh. Are there any plans for a revised road map for 2022?
The game is already in it´s final stage, I don´t think TW will announce any new feature. They are just working on the stuff they already have announced, when it´s done the game will be released.

The game is already in it´s final stage, I don´t think TW will announce any new feature. They are just working on the stuff they already have announced, when it´s done the game will be released.
Don't be so negative all the time. It isn't like the idea of Post-Launch content has been shot out of the air. We know nothing of what happens after the full release, so no need to think that this will be as far as BL goes Vanilla. I'm, personally, optimistic about what may happen post-launch, but my optimism has been pretty well documented on this forum.

I was just talking about the time until the final release. I don´t think there is any hope that TW will surprise with something like:

"You know what guys, we listened to you and worked hard. Now you can finally give more detailed orders to your clan parties to have more control over them."

Not announced yet = won´t be in the game until final release

Stuff like this won´t happen, that´s what I mean. But I´m also sceptical for the time after the final release, we´ll get DLC for sure because of $$$. But I´m not sure about if TW will add anything for free. Of course they keep fixing bugs and stuff like this, but some new feature for free? I have my doubts. But I won´t be mad if TW will surprise me once so...

I was just talking about the time until the final release. I don´t think there is any hope that TW will surprise with something like:

"You know what guys, we listened to you and worked hard. Now you can finally give more detailed orders to your clan parties to have more control over them."

Stuff like this won´t happen, that´s what I mean. But I´m also sceptical for the time after the final release, we´ll get DLC for sure because of $$$. But I´m not sure about if TW will add anything for free. Of course they keep fixing bugs and stuff like this, but some new feature for free? I have my doubts.
Oh, I gotchu. And yeah, I agree. The final plans post is the roadmap. And I don't really think they will add anything not on that list to the game.

But for post launch, I hope that they do add stuff for free. Some things will be in DLC, but hopefully not everything. I will not be that happy if they adopt a Paradox type DLC system, with minor things costing $20. So, its fair to have doubts, and I do as well, and we can't really say anything concrete until it happens.

Can't get our expectations high, or low, again.

I would prefer DLC if it was like VC, different lore, different factions, new mechanics, etc. I would hate if it was a small feature added.

Btw, this is probably an unanswerable question at this stage, but what would be the chance of the game to continue developing after release? Besides dlc

You argue that you will be understanding of estimates and uncertainty, yet in the same breath you put words in my mouth that discourage me from posting. I have not and will not suggest that anyone is "not smart enough". I have, however, spend a lot of time on responding to frustrations about features that did not make it to the game as envisioned (by users/developers at the time).
i dont get why you are still responding to those infants. i would already have given up on this side of the forum. all the answers just to hear "taleworlds isnt communicating" and salty bs opinions the next day. they would come up with anything just to drag you/TW into a bad spot as soon as they dont get the answer they want. i read through the last posts and felt like this has to be a daycare institution for the spoiled ones.

thank you for your service, duh_!

Last edited:
i dont get why you are still responding to those infants. i would already have given up on this side of the forum. all the answers just to hear "taleworlds isnt communicating" and salty bs opinions the next day. they would come up with anything just to drag you/TW into a bad spot as soon as they dont get the answer they want. i read through the last posts and felt like this has to be a daycare institution for the spoiled ones.
Well, because they are not infants and I can understand why it's frustrating that there hasn't been a patch for a while. It's not like we don't want to see the patch out as well :grin: But especially when patches are (currently) the primary source of centralized information, their delay can make people antsy. That isn't really resolved even when you know
  • that we release patches as soon as they are ready (part of why we don't usually say "next week" - if it's ready before friday, it's shipped)
  • that we want patches out as it's not just a warm n fuzzy feeling, but legitimately helps with development to receive reports and read / watch the feedback
  • that there is an end in sight once we enter testing & fixing (since new content and thus new bugs are typically not added at that point)
  • that the testing & fixing phase does not mean an end of content production (different branches)
I also know and appreciate a lot of folks here - differences of opinion are okay. Of course, that includes me arguing back when i disagree. Doesn't mean I think less of Flesson, who has helped a lot, in particular with highlighting issues with the economy.

Well, because they are not infants and I can understand why it's frustrating that there hasn't been a patch for a while. It's not like we don't want to see the patch out as well :grin: But especially when patches are (currently) the primary source of centralized information, their delay can make people antsy. That isn't really resolved even when you know
  • that we release patches as soon as they are ready (part of why we don't usually say "next week" - if it's ready before friday, it's shipped)
  • that we want patches out as it's not just a warm n fuzzy feeling, but legitimately helps with development to receive reports and read / watch the feedback
  • that there is an end in sight once we enter testing & fixing (since new content and thus new bugs are typically not added at that point)
  • that the testing & fixing phase does not mean an end of content production (different branches)
I also know and appreciate a lot of folks here - differences of opinion are okay. Of course, that includes me arguing back when i disagree. Doesn't mean I think less of Flesson, who has helped a lot, in particular with highlighting issues with the economy.
?

Look I understand why you guys are not so happy with the idea of posting and responding to "the fans" since a lot of them are quite the maidenless and need to go outside and touch some grace.Since the new battle system was launched I think you guys are working on fixes and improvments over them or what are you working.But pls just one question one simple question and I dont need for you to tell us when but will you guys add some new vlandian armors and helmets like pls give vlandia some atention give them some decorated hauberk and maybe the knigt helmet with a padding variation and mail variation pls some stuff for vlandia(and some new capes with brooch over the sholder like the red cape from battania) pls just give us an yes or no just that

good sir, i didnt want to put that into any doubt. iam sorry if i did! just wanted to say that what you wrote was written dozens of times before. for that reason, saying things like that there is no communication while there was and is, is just infant to me. i guess we are all excited for the next patch but going as far as some do, simply doesnt makes sense to me. at least thats my opinion. nevermind tho, didnt meant no harm. in the end i just wanted to say thanks ?‍♂️✌️

think it's fair to share that we have been working pretty hard to get the patch out and you may have seen the recent movement on steam DB as well
For quite some time steamdb had no meaningful movement other than tags changes. In addition (this is not directed at you, btw) TW's communication would be better in this area if we didn't have to scrounge a third-party site, or a Discord, to have a vague idea what's going on. I didn't even know about the History tab of Steamdb until a year ago and I'm sure a lot of people don't either.

The standard response we get at the moment is "the patch is in testing, when the patch has no remaining issues, we will share it with you." But this gives us no new information or specifics on how things are going, which compounds the frustration. It isn't even an explicit commitment from TW that progress of some kind has been made.

In cases of extended delay such as this, when Dejan replies to people asking where ?️atchie is, or Callum is making posts on the Twitter, they could instead say something more informative like:
"Last week testers discovered a series of major bugs/performance issues in the internal build, which our coders fixed in a new build. But then testing that new build revealed further major bugs/performance issues, so we're going to have to go back to the beginning of the bugfixing and testing cycle to rectify these... so no patch this week." For bonus points, the nature of the bug could be revealed too; e.g.: "the old build had a bug causing horses to die upon touching allied infantry, while the current build has unexplained common crashes".

This sort of communication is an improvement as it keeps us updated on the reason for delay and reassures the buyers that work is being done to rectify this and progress is being made. Like how Windows shows you a green progress bar for file movement, even though it's rarely accurate, and tells you what files are moved. Imagine if that green bar wasn't there and after 3 hours of waiting it only said "moving files, will let you know when it's done". That's what it feels like.
(read - no patch today, more likely next week). We may still run into an unforeseen issue though.
Excellent. Finally something to give hope™️

August 2021

But come on, does anyone believe that they´ll be able to do this? We are more like Q3/Q4 at the moment. Q2 for 1.7.2 maybe.
Its very likely this game will get the No Man Sky treatment with major updates that will suddenly come out over the years. That would be better than abandoning the game and leaving as incomplete as Warband.

Back
Top Bottom