Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh look it's this thread still pinned, no update this week? This month? It's just a regular patch too? No extra stuffed burrito of multiple improvements that have been works on over the last couple months and rolled together?

Oh look it's this thread still pinned, no update this week? This month? It's just a regular patch too? No extra stuffed burrito of multiple improvements that have been works on over the last couple months and rolled together?
They brought that up internally, but decided doing that would be too complicated for their current plans.

Yes, I´m aware that the lack of communication isn´t something new, sadly. But the long time between any significant update and no communication is kind of a new.

The longest period without any significant update was the refactor period but at least you told us what you were doing and that we shouldn´t expect a big update because it´s more about "fixing" the code. And you know what, that was fine.

But it still doesn´t make any sense at all, specificly not for an EA game! But if that´s the way "you" choose to go then go for it.

But maybe think about a disclaimer in this forum to tell people to don´t waste their time to write down well thought out suggestions/feedback. And I may advise "you" again to change your EA description which is still talking about "about 1 year in EA", "you" have now already surpassed 2 years. And we all know that Q2 is also not really realistic at least not if "you" won´t cut down more features...

EDIT:

In my opinion it´s a shame that TW uses us customers/loyal fans only as beta testers that paid to provide TW with information about bugs and stuff like this and ignoring like 99% of all valid feedback/suggestions because of whatever stupid reason.

Last edited:
It´s impossible with TWs pace to implent all announced features/maps/fixes/scenes from their "roadmap" until the end of Q2 in my opinion but of course I may be wrong.

I just wonder why is TW different than most of games?
Compared to other real indie devs or smaller companies they made a truck load of money with their EA release. There is no incentive for them to give any **** about us or other customers that haven´t bought the game yet (while in EA).

They know they´ll make another truck load of money with the full release no matter what they do in the time in between. One of the "problems" is that there is just no alternative if you´re looking for a game like Bannerlord. It´s like having a monopol.

I bet most of their ressources are already going in the console port since a long time.

Yes, talking about "we don´t want to set false expectations" but still don´t giving a **** about their EA description on their Steam store page, makes sense for me:

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?​

“While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year.
If they don´t wanted to give "false expectations" why didn´t they change the description like half a year ago when they even officially announced the delay to Q2/2022?

What about those future customers that saw the description like half a year ago, looking at the date and thinking "wow, close to be released so I can already buy it".

I wish they already had followed their "policy" to not give false expectations when they have hyped up the game back then...

It´s impossible with TWs pace to implent all announced features/maps/fixes/scenes from their "roadmap" until the end of Q2 in my opinion but of course I may be wrong.
It isn't impossible. We know next to nothing about the internal workings of TW. They could very well reach the deadline, or they could miss it and have to delay the game further. There's no reason to be completely negative until we see more, and that will probably be this patch.
What about those future customers that saw the description like half a year ago, looking at the date and thinking "wow, close to be released so I can already buy it".
I highly doubt many people are sold on the fact that the game will only be in EA for a year. And it isn't like TW wrote that and went "Hahaha, we'll actually DELAY THE GAME, those stupid consumers won't know what hit them." Game development isn't always easy, and sometimes they may be wrong. I'd much rather them be honest and delay the game then push out unfinished work.

I highly doubt many people are sold on the fact that the game will only be in EA for a year. And it isn't like TW wrote that and went "Hahaha, we'll actually DELAY THE GAME, those stupid consumers won't know what hit them." Game development isn't always easy, and sometimes they may be wrong. I'd much rather them be honest and delay the game then push out unfinished work.
But it´s very easy to just change the Store description (like 5 minutes) when they were aware that around 1 year won´t be possible. Also they do think that we are stupid:

I just want them to explain how people can take ETA to mean a deadline, does TW know what ETA stands for.....ESTIMATED time of arrival. How does estimated mean in anyway a deadline. The logic behind their 2 reasons for eta and false expectations is so flawed, my 11 year old niece knows what ETA means. Their logic for these 2, are saying that we can't differentiate between estimated and deadline, and potential content and flawed expectations. They are saying we don't understand simple English and logic. It's really insulting for TW to suggest that. What they are meaning is we aren't smart enough to know the difference between the 2.....very insulting on their part.

The longest period without any significant update was the refactor period but at least you told us what you were doing and that we shouldn´t expect a big update because it´s more about "fixing" the code. And you know what, that was fine.
Isn't this the same information that we have provided in this and previous weeks? We are fixing the code based on the problems that are found in testing. There is no smoking gun like a particularly large refactor to point to.

But maybe think about a disclaimer in this forum to tell people to don´t waste their time to write down well thought out suggestions/feedback.
I don't see how this relates to not sharing patch notes before releasing the patch. I have previously confirmed - and am happy to do so again - that feedback and suggestions are taken into account. There are structured feedback loops as well as individual developers that pick up on ideas and criticism. Both have lead to and continue to lead to changes in the game.

I just want them to explain how people can take ETA to mean a deadline, does TW know what ETA stands for.....ESTIMATED time of arrival. How does estimated mean in anyway a deadline. The logic behind their 2 reasons for eta and false expectations is so flawed, my 11 year old niece knows what ETA means. Their logic for these 2, are saying that we can't differentiate between estimated and deadline, and potential content and flawed expectations. They are saying we don't understand simple English and logic. It's really insulting for TW to suggest that. What they are meaning is we aren't smart enough to know the difference between the 2.....very insulting on their part.
You argue that you will be understanding of estimates and uncertainty, yet in the same breath you put words in my mouth that discourage me from posting. I have not and will not suggest that anyone is "not smart enough". I have, however, spend a lot of time on responding to frustrations about features that did not make it to the game as envisioned (by users/developers at the time).

@Duh_TaleWorlds

It´s nothing against you or any other developer in any way. You are just the last one that is still talking to us.
I disagree. There are other developers that respond in their various sections / topics of responsibility / interest. Whatever the case - If you have an interest in the state of a particular (SP) feature (not if it is in the next patch), you can still ask me in the SP priority topic. I am going to take a plane to turkey on sunday, but I will check in today and tomorrow.

I disagree. There are other developers that respond in their various sections / topics of responsibility / interest. Whatever the case - If you have an interest in the state of a particular (SP) feature (not if it is in the next patch), you can still ask me in the SP priority topic. I am going to take a plane to turkey on sunday, but I will check in today and tomorrow.
I meant about the upcoming patch.

Have a nice weekend and thanks for your replies (time).

I meant about the upcoming patch.
Dejan also engages in these types of discussions (more often than me) and conveys what he can. I think it's fair to share that we have been working pretty hard to get the patch out and you may have seen the recent movement on steam DB as well (read - no patch today, more likely next week). We may still run into an unforeseen issue though.

Back
Top Bottom