Votes: 6 10.0%
  • never

Votes: 20 33.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

AngryPanCake

Sergeant
Hello,
Since this is an EA game and because it is relatively easy to use mods, do you play this game with or without mods?
If you do use mods, is it defeating the purpose of buying into an EA game? How do you provide feedback about things working/not working?

The reason I am asking is because I started trying mods here and there and got "sucked" into trying more mods and now feel I can't play the game without them! So, I kinda feel bad as I am not really able to participate in giving objective/accurate feedback to the dev team in order to improve the vanilla game!

Your thoughts...

Vanilla. Nothing against mods, just that I have not delved yet into them, and as you say if you want to try and provide feedback is better that way.

Currently Single Player needs mods in my opinion. I understand why people choose not to use them though- out of fear that it could potentially make their game unstable or that they won't work with an Developer patch/update down the line.
In fact, playing without mods has led me to feel frustrated at the half-baked features that the developers dump into the game. The amount of characters I have created without mods and not completed the game is insane.

My advice to Taleworlds would be, don't add new features into the stable version of SP if they are half done - keep that s**t in the beta. Adding perks that didn't work, crossbow skill without a way to advance the skill because there wasn't a lower skill tiered xbow, half done questline, forcing us to play the s****y half-baked mainquest and only then later add sandbox mode, adding smithing skill half-baked, diplomacy etc etc on and on.

Its like serving someone a raw burger without the bun, throwing it on the plate and pushing it in front of them expecting the eat it up and thank me for the effort.

I also understand that yes this is early access, but why bother adding features that don't even work. This whole development process looks like a beta.

Vanilla BL in currently unplayable. I can't believe there is someone, who is actually playing with no mods and ENJOYING vanilla.
However, I've never used any mods for M&B1 or Warband. There was no need to...

No mods not because it's EA and I don't want to have to fix **** every time there's an update. Too much work.

After EA ends, I will probably look at mods. I am interested in Marry Anyone (or something like it) because I want to marry Rancid Gerta.

Mods are fun to use but they break often with updates so I only use small ones that don't have a lot of impact in the game like encyclopedia extender or whatever.

The big overhaul ones are for when the game is released and hopefuly they stop breaking every update.

Only realistic battle AI and holster adjustment. I play vanilla sometimes, which isn’t bad I just hate how reinforcement spawns are at the moment. The AI will spawn camp the losing side lol

I see no point to play the game with mods while it’s in EA. It’s honestly annoying with people come in and talk about stuff that needs to change, and half of the listed items are stuff their mods were messing with, or something from the base game that’s clashing with a mod they like so they want the base to change versus the mod to change.

I see no point to play the game with mods while it’s in EA.
Why not? I don't have another 10+ years to wait for TW to get their **** together. I want to play this game now, and some good mods really make it playable for me (although not perfect).

It’s honestly annoying with people come in and talk about stuff that needs to change, and half of the listed items are stuff their mods were messing with, or something from the base game that’s clashing with a mod they like so they want the base to change versus the mod to change.
Well it is not Skyrim, its kinda hard to occasionally destroy the game with mods.
And I have yet to see people, who blame vanilla game for mod bugs.

Another good thing with mods - is that you can actually CHOOSE what to install. Unlike official vanilla changes and "improvements" that no one has asked for.

TW still haven't fixed skinny companions bug, all my companions look like ****ing Trevor Reznik on a low carb diet (thankfully this is resolved with a mod). The development is moving on a snail pace, lots of content is missing (like promised criminal gameplay). Most existing elements (beside combat) are in an early alpha state, and even combat is **** honestly.

Someone may be a vanilla/EA no-mod purist and ****, but now playing vanilla BL feels like riding a bicycle with no seat. Not all people are masochists.

Last edited:
Momentary i play with ''Realistic Battle AI Module'' and ''Raise Your Banner'' for a bit ''Banner-lord'' :wink: So it is clear complete planned overhauls are momentary not possible, but smaller mods are often functioning.

Last edited:
I played vanilla until around 1.5, but then they introduced unplayable lag in the inventory screens so I uninstalled the game. I reinstalled with 1.7 - It works now! - and played vanilla until the 1.7.2. Then I got bored, dropped back to 1.7.0, and installed a dozen or so mods. Barring some amazing update I expect I'll stay where I am until official release.

I don't play with mods, honestly the game is ok even without. I've never done a WC or founded a kingdom since I quit early or a patch just released, though that tended to happen to me in warband as well (mods included).

I'm just more of a "total conversion" mods kind of guy, don't really like going through the effort of building a modset from scratch. I've planned to do that for a long time but then just forget about it as the mods that pique my interest fall behind with the patches.

So far, my playthroughs are mostly about building a specific kind of build/cosplay, like a rock-bottom looter or a horse archer, so I never really feel like the gameplay is dragging. Will try a hoplite as soon as I get tired of my latest gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom