Sea Battle Demo - Longship Control

Users who are viewing this thread

If it wasnt for modders like @Bloc and the creators form the bretwalda mod team this game would be dead on arrival. Modders are keeping this game alive

new update from bloc

A simple house razing system combined with the stealthy sailing mechanism to make you feel like true Viking. I wanted to experiment dynamic building razing system for "More Raiding Mod" ages ago but didn't have time to implement it. But I think it looked better combined with the sailing mechanism. Things to note:
- AI doesn't know if you are in the scene, militia doesn't exist unless your soldiers are spotted by villages and show aggressive behavior. After sounding the alarm, the militia comes around 90 seconds. Villagers run away.
- Almost all straw buildings are flammable. You just need to approach and press F for burning the houses. AI can also raze them with orders ( as shown in the video ) They can raze buildings faster if more soldiers are working together. Each completely razed building causes a morale drop in the militia.
- Map is Drapand village from the game, the exact same map.
- Everything was done in ~1 day, so definitely has bugs in it. Even the video itself might have bugs that I didn't notice
- feel free to point it out if you spot any.

So, "Less talking, more raiding"

Song: circulo9 - Viking Music, Alexander Nakarada - The Vikings

new update from bloc

A simple house razing system combined with the stealthy sailing mechanism to make you feel like true Viking. I wanted to experiment dynamic building razing system for "More Raiding Mod" ages ago but didn't have time to implement it. But I think it looked better combined with the sailing mechanism. Things to note:
- AI doesn't know if you are in the scene, militia doesn't exist unless your soldiers are spotted by villages and show aggressive behavior. After sounding the alarm, the militia comes around 90 seconds. Villagers run away.
- Almost all straw buildings are flammable. You just need to approach and press F for burning the houses. AI can also raze them with orders ( as shown in the video ) They can raze buildings faster if more soldiers are working together. Each completely razed building causes a morale drop in the militia.
- Everything was done in ~1 day, so definitely has bugs in it. Even the video itself might have bugs that I didn't notice

Wow :shock:

Im a dane so im biased but....
Ships ♥
Bannerlord and ships ♥♥♥

However, I feel the battles on the sea, boat vs boat, is rather unrealistic. I highly doubt vikings (and other seafaring factions of the time for that matter) picked the sea as their battlefield unless forced to. I can be wrong, most likely is, but I just dont find it very plausible. There is little to no evidence that battles were fought on the open sea. Obviously because if there was any evidence its long lost or close to impossible to find on the seabed of a massive ocean. https://www.sciencealert.com/nearly...een-recovered-from-an-ancient-roman-shipwreck
The beach landing part though....! Boy! Look at them lined up ready to disembark. ♥

Last edited:
Lol, what we currently have is too much talking (****ing menu screen to raid), what we need is more RAIDING (this scene encounter)

new update from bloc

It is wonderful to see how with little dedication a mechanic multiplies its immersion by 3.

It's those little details, isn't it Taleworlds? :iamamoron:

Really, it is nearly unbelievable, if that mod would not exist i think most folks would say, thats not possible to make...
True. But it was already possible from the beginning because things could burn. Use prefabs of original and destroyed. Code some extra logic (in this case morale drop) and done. If only Bloc was open to collaborating with me.

True. But it was already possible from the beginning because things could burn. Use prefabs of original and destroyed. Code some extra logic (in this case morale drop) and done. If only Bloc was open to collaborating with me.
For Warband i played later mainly the 1257 mod and/or crpg which was nearly more a different game.
And clear hopes are also for great bannerlord mods, but sometimes i think the origin bannerlord version seems still in its neverending early access phase a bit to early in development for stable especially overhaul mods.
But also for entire older Mount & Blade's' i needed to search for attractive mods (also years after release), not waited for interesting M&B updates or new content. It is more the mod community which makes and made M&B to something really great. Momentary some interesting bannerlord mod developments seem to be in a kind of rest position. And i hope really those mod-makers will not be forced to leave their hopes and needs for their work. Here the ''Sea Battles'' is absolutely not only something very nice, it is a finest addition and content for bannerlord. Nearly a 'must be'. Hopefully also with coming updates implementable as mod.
Please stay tuned folks of the 'Sea Battles' :wink:

Back
Top Bottom