Make Cav Stronger Again

Users who are viewing this thread

Please and thank you. Really frustrating to watch a "Cav Pro" run into a formation of 24 peasant pikes, clearly take 40-50 stabs(which have no effect because we are *too close* to the giant iron spike), and just slowly trot away.
No other class can make a mistake anywhere close to that magnitude and not instantly die.
Spear in general still bounces far too often unless there's speed bonus attached.
Not only spears, often other long weapons bounce off of cav as well, making fighting cav a huge pain in the ass. This problem is even worse in groups when you have limited space to swing/take distance. I hope that the devs simply make it impossible for a weapon to bounce off of a horse, seems like it would be the final solution for the "cav player gets caught by 10 inf and runs away while only losing 20 hp on the horse".

As for spears, they also need to have slightly reduced bounce off range on foot vs inf to make it viable in group fights.

Cav nerfs are so good. Love watching old Rambocav players try to kite around pikes now and get horribly murdered.

Now if we just un-nerf Spear Bracing to make it actually have a point again we'll be in business. Still seeing ~50 dmg on a lot of braced spear impacts, if you're somehow able to convince a horse to run straight into the 5mm wide hitbox.
Bracing still feels good to me.. routinely hitting for 200+ damage! So satisfying against the mounted menace.

I still think that TaleWorlds should give mounted players a form of super armor similar to what you'd find in 2D fighting games. You'd still take full damage from projectiles, but having your melee swing/thrust not be interrupted by ranged attacks will force archers to either land headshots (super armor won't protect against fatal damage) or switch to an infantry unit with a long spear or pike.

I still think that TaleWorlds should give mounted players a form of super armor similar to what you'd find in 2D fighting games. You'd still take full damage from projectiles, but having your melee swing/thrust not be interrupted by ranged attacks will force archers to either land headshots (super armor won't protect against fatal damage) or switch to an infantry unit with a long spear or pike.
?

Every team needs a strong cav player. Whatever kit you choose to use its up to the player to master the equipment

At the highest level of play cav still has the biggest impact. There is no need to buff cav lmfao
BEAST Seven Stats <- Statistics for biggest BL tournament.
unknown.png

Here in picture version. Top 20 players by Score/Round

These cav players learned the truth
There you have it. Cav definitely doesn't need a buff, but the exact opposite would be nice. Horses should take much more damage and run slower once they are wounded.
Ironically, the picture also shows why it is not worth playing skirmish at all.

There you have it. Cav definitely doesn't need a buff, but the exact opposite would be nice. Horses should take much more damage and run slower once they are wounded.
make cav HARDER BETTER FASTER STRONGER

Cav is good but can be countered rn a team with one archer with "hunter perk" or a spear man with the "cavalry breaker" perk does a extreme amount of damage to horses, I have lost horses in one swing or one shot. The reason cav does so well is it can go around the entire fight and stab, it is meant to be a high damage role, they have already been nerfed and if they was nerfed anymore it would ruin the role entirely

Cav is good but can be countered rn a team with one archer with "hunter perk" or a spear man with the "cavalry breaker" perk does a extreme amount of damage to horses, I have lost horses in one swing or one shot. The reason cav does so well is it can go around the entire fight and stab, it is meant to be a high damage role, they have already been nerfed and if they was nerfed anymore it would ruin the role entirely
I think i also mentioned that cavalry is typically a bigger target for archers to hit, and if multiple archers are shooting at the same general direction, they'll eventually land enough hits to kill the horse and rider.

To clarify, this isn't random skirmish game, these statistics are from organised 6 versus 6. With limits introduced so a team can only have 2 cavalry classes on the field at the same time, same for archer. (Might be worth having in real skirmish as well tbh, as the experience is much better, fighting versus six archers is just boring and near impossible to win against with an unorganised team)

Cavalry being a high S/R is fine in my opinion. They just need to fix some of the absurdly high damage that can be dealt, such as (nearly) one shotting heavy infantry class.

I really don't think you can onehit anymore when hunter is nerfed to 50 %

Back
Top Bottom