Ukraine Today

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm not too sure they should get ones from Poland, they were suspiciously prone to crashes lately and a botched 'refit' caused ejection sit failure couple of years ago that wasn't discovered until a pilot lost his life. I sure hope this will be a spark for Polish Army (or rather the Ministry of Defense, because they seem to be the source of all the bull****) to stop with propaganda and feel-good purchases and finally start doing something to bring it back on tracks. Because I'm afraid that 2014 horror stories about Ukrainian equipment are still a reality of Polish one.

Yes, I am still here on the ground in Odessa. So far we have had some rocket strikes and destroyed several groups of paratroopers and inflitrators. But if they break through under Mikolayiv today we might see some genuine fighting by tomorrow morning.

On a different note, looks like I was wrong and we'll shortly see an escalation and an uptick in civilian deaths. They're striking Kharkiv proper with GRADs right now.

Yes, I am still here on the ground in Odessa. So far we have had some rocket strikes and destroyed several groups of paratroopers and inflitrators. But if they break through under Mikolayiv today we might see some genuine fighting by tomorrow morning.

On a different note, looks like I was wrong and we'll shortly see an escalation and an uptick in civilian deaths. They're striking Kharkiv proper with GRADs right now.
Those mother****ers won't stop until squished militarily. Stay strong and safe man!

With so much suffering and bestiality caused by Russians, I can't believe we still discuss sanctions. I can't imagine this conflict will ever end without intervention - Europe cannot allow Russia to win.

@Weaver Have there been signs of actual mercenary/foreign legion fighting for Ukraine?

P.S. Peskov is now talking bull**** about this operation to be "necessary demilitarization" but I say demilitarize Russia forever. They have never abandoned their delusions of Empire since the very beginning.

There were reports yesterday of Ukrainian forces destroying a convoy of Chechens and killing one of their top generals.

****, that is the one piece of news I was really hoping not to hear. Good luck to you.

Those mother****ers won't stop until squished militarily. Stay strong and safe man!
Thanks.
I hope that this goal is unachievable as people are drafting into paramilitary battalions en masse. They actually refuse to accept people without military experience here, so we still have a huge civilian reserve if needs be.
With so much suffering and bestiality caused by Russians, I can't believe we still discuss sanctions. I can't imagine this conflict will ever end without intervention - Europe cannot allow Russia to win.
No one in Europe has the balls for that.
@Weaver Have there been signs of actual mercenary/foreign legion fighting for Ukraine?
There was news of Ukrainians from French Foreign Legion arriving to fight for Ukraine.
We also invited foreign volunteers to help but I can't confirm that anyone has arrived yet.
P.S. Peskov is now talking bull**** about this operation to be "necessary demilitarization" but I say demilitarize Russia forever. They have never abandoned their delusions of Empire since the very beginning.
You can not demilitarize a major nuclear power.

There were reports yesterday of Ukrainian forces destroying a convoy of Chechens and killing one of their top generals.
Allegedly. There is no credible confirmation I've personally seen that any of the destroyed convoys belonged to Kadyrov's battalion.
My guess is that Chechen won't join the siege. People scare their kids with them but at the end of the day, they are not professional soldiers. They're paramilitaries, a part of Rosgvardia. And although highly motivated, they lack the skills the actual military requires. I expect their designated role is terrorizing the population if cities start to fall.
****, that is the one piece of news I was really hoping not to hear. Good luck to you.
Thanks. ✊

No one in Europe has the balls for that.
That is true. But I feel soon there will be no other "right" choice left. Looking at the Russian's "devilish plan to un-reveal", more and more civilians, children suffering... I cannot imagine that we will just stand there and have the courage to look at ourselves in the mirror in the morning. With all those morals being told in the past years...

To give credit to the EU. First time in history they/we openly funded and organized weapons delivery to a country torn with a conflict. That is unprecedented... but don't get me wrong, we both know what Ukraine needs most right now. Everybody knows that.
You can not demilitarize a major nuclear power.
This is true. I am simply mad and allergic to this bull****. The independent country cannot decide on its own fate... We hear the same thing for many years when Russia addresses the US whining they promised that Poland, the Baltics, and Romania will not have an antirocket shield installation and no troops stationed there... I don't have to explain that to you after all...

The issue is that there really isn't a good alternative. Sure, NATO could push Russian forces out of Ukraine and back into their homeland, which would be an absolute bloody mess for everyone involved and would devastate Ukraine itself beyond what we are seeing today. What do you do after that? If you stop there Russia will just regroup and invade again. If you invade Russia you start a nuclear war, because that's exactly the kind of situation where Putin would do it once he realizes he has nothing left to lose.

There was news of Ukrainians from French Foreign Legion arriving to fight for Ukraine.
We also invited foreign volunteers to help but I can't confirm that anyone has arrived yet.
Oh I misread the question, thought he was asking about foreign soldiers fighting for Russia.
TBH I'm guessing that there are very few westerners who speak Ukrainian or Russian and have military training/experience, which seem like the minimum requirements to be of any real use.

The issue is that there really isn't a good alternative. Sure, NATO could push Russian forces out of Ukraine and back into their homeland, which would be an absolute bloody mess for everyone involved and would devastate Ukraine itself beyond what we are seeing today. What do you do after that? If you stop there Russia will just regroup and invade again. If you invade Russia you start a nuclear war, because that's exactly the kind of situation where Putin would do it once he realizes he has nothing left to lose.
If NATO provided air support, we would do the rest. We are extremely weak in the air and that's the only reason we might lose a conventional war on our turf.

Ok, war is never a good alternative but tell it to Russians. Their leaders think the opposite.

Imagine you wait in fear thinking you are next, when more and more nations are "peacefully intervened" and you hope you will wait till your very last days with relative peace and quiet existence. Unthinkable? You know what was unthinkable 5 days ago. This may be an overstatement I know but don't you feel your country is being bullied? Constantly? The whole EU...

It has to be smart. Putin is sending their army and calling them separatists/mercenaries (covering their Russian faces) to Donbas. Europe should fund the mercenaries too - call them paramilitary war enthusiasts.

Last edited:
I am not saying that the situation is great. If it was up to me Putin would currently be in jail getting ****ed by a grizzly bear. I am saying that a direct military response is likely to do more harm than good in the current situation. They are already pursuing indirect approaches similar to what you are saying.

I am not saying that the situation is great. If it was up to me Putin would currently be in jail getting ****ed by a grizzly bear. I am saying that a direct military response is likely to do more harm than good in the current situation. They are already pursuing indirect approaches similar to what you are saying.
It highly depends on what you qualify as harm and good and who you are designating as recipients of those.

Imagine you wait in fear thinking you are next, when more and more nations are "peacefully intervened" and you hope you will wait till your very last days with relative peace and quiet existence. Unthinkable? You know what was unthinkable 5 days ago. This may be an overstatement I know but don't you feel your country is being bullied? Constantly? The whole EU...
It's still unthinkable that a NATO country would be invaded, because of Article 5. Non-NATO countries get hopes and prayers and some weapons.
That bank blockade of Russia is unprecedented already. What the EU and the US are doing for Ukraine is more than they thought they could do.

Although there are precedents for NATO actions. The bombing of Serbia (for its Kosovo adventures) in 1999 was not an act of defense of a NATO member, but a "humanitarian intervention" without UN approval and on flimsy legal grounds. They could do the same for Ukraine, but the flimsy legality is still there and the defensive nature of NATO is even more under question.

The problem for NATO countries going into war is that Russia (unlike Serbia) has the power to conduct painful strikes at vulnerable NATO countries, so to deter that, NATO would have to heavily mobilize in air and at sea and fight in multiple theaters.
Even if NATO limits itself to air war from Eastern Europe, all of the Eastern Europe (and not just military airports) becomes a legitimate target.

Last edited:
Question: In talks with France Russia/Putin demands Kyiv is ... "denazified".
I know it from Russian propaganda, but what exactly do they mean? You can't negotiate with made up propaganda terms :iamamoron:

Translation for people who understand what Putin says literally and get confused:
Demilitarization - elimination of the Ukrainian army.
Denazification - elimination of the current government on all levels and putting in charge gauleiters loyal to Putin.

Back
Top Bottom