TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

The core of the issue is that he identifies with prince andrew more than anyone else because he personally is also attracted to 16 year olds. That's it. This line of argument has happened a handful of times before and it always ends with someone defending 40-16 abusive relationships to the absolute death.

The reason I find it so disgusting is that even as a 20+ year old, I had no interest in 16 year olds. By that point theyre just children to me. And anyone in my peer group who was in a relationship of that kind of age gap was either a creep or eventually went to jail. So to see someone actively defending something so more extreme than that makes my skin crawl. I can't even fathom a society where there is no taboo against that kind of thing.

Yeah your scenario can be true about Mad, but I would like to caution that it is not the only scenario. Mad might be the identifying with the 16 year old instead, and thinking to himself that: As he is a responsible, knowledgeable, and mature person, he would have known what to do in that situation, what to expect from the adults, what to expect from himself, and what would happen if he went along with them, and to extracate himself if things went badly.

Which is absolutely bonkers. None of that is even a remotely reasonable thing to expect from a 16 year old. At 16 to even early 20s, most people are still figuring out who they really are, where their extra-familial relationship boundaries are, much less what they want out of an adult relationship. I'm trying really hard to be charitable to him, but even I'm having difficulty believing he doesn't appreciate this.

Alternatively, maybe Mad is 16 or 18 years old, which would explain a lot of ****.

JUST ONE MORE TIME. I'm not PERSONALLY ADVOCATING this kind of thing.
I thought so. Well, it's not a hill I'd die on, but you do you. :lol:

Funnily, relationships between secondary school teachers and students-not-in-their-final-year are not really uncommon.
People committing fraud, suicide, murder, adultery, and winrar piracy is also not uncommon. Doesn't mean it should be accepted. This mindset that "it's normal so we should just accept it" is why these things keep happening. Instead of trying to improve and solve these problems, people just give up and even end up legalizing/promoting those bad actions. Then they complain about the world being so bad and cruel.

Regarding the war, holy **** it's actually happening. Gonna keep an eye on that.

Yeah your scenario can be true about Mad, but I would like to caution that it is not the only scenario. Mad might be the identifying with the 16 year old instead, and thinking to himself that: As he is a responsible, knowledgeable, and mature person, he would have known what to do in that situation, what to expect from the adults, what to expect from himself, and what would happen if he went along with them, and to extracate himself if things went badly.

Which is absolutely bonkers. None of that is even a remotely reasonable thing to expect from a 16 year old. At 16 to even early 20s, most people are still figuring out who they really are, where their extra-familial relationship boundaries are, much less what they want out of an adult relationship. I'm trying really hard to be charitable to him, but even I'm having difficulty believing he doesn't appreciate this.

Alternatively, maybe Mad is 16 or 18 years old, which would explain a lot of ****.
Despite patiently explaining that I'm not advocating boning teens, you proceed to slander me personally. I'm going to start reporting people, because this isn't funny anymore.

bruh
You have years of flaming, baiting and worse, on you. And when people respond to whatever you are trying to say or are saying here, you get mad? I don't even think anybody called you a bad name, other than respond to words, at least not worse than you called anyone, directly or otherwise.
You want to go crying to mama (mods), for no apparent reason? Nobody's business, but your own, if you feel there's a disruption of rules; no need to "threat". :neutral:

bruh
You have years of flaming, baiting and worse, on you. And when people respond to whatever you are trying to say or are saying here, you get mad? I don't even think anybody called you a bad name, other than respond to words, at least not worse than you called anyone, directly or otherwise.
You want to go crying to mama (mods), for no apparent reason? Nobody's business, but your own, if you feel there's a disruption of rules; no need to "threat". :neutral:
Thanks for dropping by to say I'm a free target for harrassment by randoms and have no right to complain, and should just man up. That was very helpful.

Totally not what I said or meant, but if you feel like this is what you must take, I cannot and don't know how to stop you. And quite frankly, I don't much care to, either.

Totally not what I said or meant, but if you feel like this is what you must take, I cannot and don't know how to stop you. And quite frankly, I don't much care to, either.
That's the implication, you just don't like it, because it makes you look like not a very nice person.
So, if you have nothing useful to add, you can stop yourself.

Alright, let me then be as clear as possible, since you suddenly appear to have lost you cognitive ability.
For years, you've been baiting, flaming and generally doing many similar things. Many times you have bern chastised for this, as all of us who go over the limit.
In this discussion, you stated your opinion, which was perceived by a bunch of different people, from different societies, in about the same way. Either we are all crazy, or it was indeed what you meant, which is rather more likely. You replied to each one, with the same condescending manner, and when we voiced our objections, you get defensive and play the victim card, even going as far as, idk, trying to threaten, if that is what it is called.
That is what I said, in less dramatic tones. I cannot be more clear than that. Sorry if you feel you are ganged up on or threatened in any way, but maybe it isn't solely someone else's fault?

Edit: coming back, I forgot to add two things. I don't think those are helpful, as you call it, in any way, other than to give you my surely unwanted thoughts. And personally, I like you, and that's why I am spending these thoughts. It would probably be easier to ignore, you and any other I felt against to. But that would kinda contradict the purpose of this community.

Last edited:
Despite patiently explaining that I'm not advocating boning teens, you proceed to slander me personally. I'm going to start reporting people, because this isn't funny anymore.
Hey man, I saw what you wrote and I reread my post. And you're right, it was over the top, and I'm sorry about that.

But please try to see it from our perspective if you may.

For me, I came into a thread, and there's this dude I don't know making pro-arguments for Prince Andrew and sexual assaulting children. A few posts later he says he is not personally advocating for it.

From our perspective what you were writing was quite baffling. It's like Cicero declaring, in a speech on the Senate floor, that he wants to keep things civil and will refrain from calling Anthony a *****, and then spending the next 5 minutes calling Anthony exactly that over and over again. The reasonable summation of what took place is that Cicero did not in fact refrain from calling Anthony a ***** and made exactly zero effort to keep anything civil.. But yet he still insisted afterward that he did not call Anthony that, and for his listeners to treat it like he didn't.

I don't think you are a pedophile, but you did advocate for it whether you liked it or not. Arguments and remarks don't always lose their edge when you disavow them later. And I should know too, I've got over a decade's worth of hot-takes and political career-destroying remarks on this website alone :fruity:.

Also, I think sometimes we tend to forget that some of the things we discuss aren't victimless or as intangible. For example, I once made some remarks on this forum on the NATO bombings during the Yugoslav civil war and someone got really, really, angry and PM'ed me a lot of intense words about what I said and that I had it all wrong. Sometimes when we gotta eat crow, we just gotta eat crow. I did not mean to hurt that man's feelings when I wrote those words, and I did not mean to hurt you or your standing with my last post either, and in both cases I apologize; it was wrong of me to do that. That interaction ended on friendly terms with me learning a lot from his first hand experience actually.

I don't think you meant to hurt people with your words either, but the topic of Prince Andrew is a very heavy one and there may be people who are arguing with you that know of friends or family, or heaven-forbid they themselves, who were in shoes of the rape survivors. In this situation the Cicero defence isn't going to cut it. And to the point, I don't think his defence cut it for Cicero's own situation either! ?

movie-toogood.gif

When is the next episode? We are waiting!

Back
Top Bottom