Do you want more complex features, such as proper formation behaviour in Bannerlord?

Do you want more complex features in Bannerlord?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah absolutely this. makes me doubt they have any real tactically-driven Devs engaged here as literal teleportation into the middle of a battle is about the worst way to solve this issue. Ive seen a mod that does this brilliantly not sure why the devs dont try and replicate that
also to note i belive warband had reinforcements appear at your edge of the field so you knew they would arrive behind you (if you didnt manage to rotate the enemy) which was better than we have in bannerlord

So I've been looking into your mod a bit, it's some great work you have done. Will definitely test out the AI module. But the javeline charge throw in one of your videos did not kill a single unit, which seemed very unsatisfactory. Though that may be what some people want.
Hope this thread gets more interaction. I would love more varied formations for the AI to use, like multiple infantry groups and flanking and such. One can dream.

Practically since the 2019 beta period, a segment of the community (myself included) have been complaining about how the Fallback command works. I got tired of waiting for feedback response that would take effect as a change in the player's gameplay experience as Taleworlds seemed to be unaware of the malfunctioning of the Fallback command. Not long ago, I transferred this feedback that had been dragging on for years to the support section making this thread; assuming that this malfunction was due to a bug.

Well, recently M.Arda, whose work I have no complaints about, told me (us) in a very kind and informative way that at the end of the day "that" was not a bug but an intended design decision and glueing a beautiful [Resolved] green tag in the thread header.

eca.jpg

Then, looking for relief in the guys from Realistic Battle Mod, I conveyed my regrets regarding the problem of this particular command. Well, in less than four days (and probably less) the players who enjoy RBM received an update where among other things the Native issue was addressed.

Today I have found the time to make a Native vs Mod comparison video which I am happy to share with anyone who might be interested but especially with @MArdA TaleWorlds , @Dejan and @Callum for their eventual reflective analysis internally.

Sorry for the quality, I don't have a pc masterace for 4 simultaneous recordings. :lol:

How is the Native fallback a satisfactory design decision for Taleworlds seeing this blushing comparison?
I certainly don't think so.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Yeah absolutely this. makes me doubt they have any real tactically-driven Devs engaged here as literal teleportation into the middle of a battle is about the worst way to solve this issue. Ive seen a mod that does this brilliantly not sure why the devs dont try and replicate that
Which mod? Would love something to fix it for now.

Practically since the 2019 beta period, a segment of the community (myself included) have been complaining about how the Fallback command works. I got tired of waiting for feedback response that would take effect as a change in the player's gameplay experience as Taleworlds seemed to be unaware of the malfunctioning of the Fallback command. Not long ago, I transferred this feedback that had been dragging on for years to the support section making this thread; assuming that this malfunction was due to a bug.

Well, recently M.Arda, whose work I have no complaints about, told me (us) in a very kind and informative way that at the end of the day "that" was not a bug but an intended design decision and glueing a beautiful [Resolved] green tag in the thread header.

eca.jpg

Then, looking for relief in the guys from Realistic Battle Mod, I conveyed my regrets regarding the problem of this particular command. Well, in less than four days (and probably less) the players who enjoy RBM received an update where among other things the Native issue was addressed.

Today I have found the time to make a Native vs Mod comparison video which I am happy to share with anyone who might be interested but especially with @MArdA TaleWorlds , @Dejan and @Callum for their eventual reflective analysis internally.

Sorry for the quality, I don't have a pc masterace for 4 simultaneous recordings. :lol:

How is the Native fallback a satisfactory design decision for Taleworlds seeing this blushing comparison?

Wow, how disappointing that nature can't do this, I'm very now sad....

Wow, how disappointing that nature can't do this, I'm very now sad....
I have discussed this issue with a number of experienced moders with a high level of skill and technical knowledge in our community.

Well, they don't understand how something "so simple", which would take less hours to arrange + test + tune up than the sum of the fingers of one hand, had not been carried out and even that this is seen as an ok-ish intended design in the eyes of the decision-makers.

giphy.gif

+1 Just supporting this Topic.
You guys from RBM have put so much work into your mod, it's really a necessity for me now, I can't play the game without it.
Thank you sincerely.
And I really do hope Taleworlds integrate it into the main game.

Well, they don't understand how something "so simple", which would take less hours to arrange + test + tune up than the sum of the fingers of one hand, had not been carried out and even that this is seen as an ok-ish intended design in the eyes of the decision-makers.
dude i remember the first 5-6 months of early release, the formations could not be saved and reset after every battle. some dude literally wrote two lines together and the mod worked through all patches until TW fixed it 6 months later lol. and now it's a feature i dearly miss lol

I'm currently working through a bunch of vanilla formation and unit testing videos, but I've had my eye on the RBM mod for a while now and would love to do a comparison video once I finish up. Hopefully that will bring a little attention to it :smile:

dude i remember the first 5-6 months of early release, the formations could not be saved and reset after every battle. some dude literally wrote two lines together and the mod worked through all patches until TW fixed it 6 months later lol. and now it's a feature i dearly miss lol
Yes there was so many stuff modders did fix very soon and TW took months for it. Also just QoL stuff like the settlements icons.

You would think that TW would take those fast and easy fixes / improvements as soon as they can but nope.

The mod for the party menu is still much better than what TW offers (sorting and so on). I just don´t understand why TW doesn´t copy a mod like that. No gameplay changes, no balances changes and I don´t believe this stuff can have any big impact on whatever (bugs). I have only two explanations for this:

1) They don´t know the mod (but they should)
2) They don´t give a **** about it because their party screen is best and final

I'm currently working through a bunch of vanilla formation and unit testing videos, but I've had my eye on the RBM mod for a while now and would love to do a comparison video once I finish up. Hopefully that will bring a little attention to it :smile:
Your videos are great! I look forward to an RBM comparison in your tactics video series and if possible a Let's Play with the mod.

eca.jpg

TW should hire you as a consultant lol

Great idea. Your channel is one of the few to which I subscribed, your videos are very informative. :smile: I would love also a comparison of the game vanilla, with RBM AI module (which I like) alone and with RBM Combat module (which I don't like for some reasons) combined.

Back
Top Bottom