Weather system & Dynamic map

Users who are viewing this thread

So, 2 years now and we still don't have a weather system implemented. No dam clouds, rains or other weather systems. on the map to make it interesting. Not even just visually. No map that freezes water bodies once we are deep in the winter and make em passable and a cool ass battle on them.

Cmon man.

We have it... partially.
Now the question is: Is TW satisfied with current state or not...
I'm also playing Ghost Recon Breakpoint and with last year November big update they have added a dynamic weather system. I just love it.
You start an encounter with full visibility and then slowly it starts to rain, gets darker to finish in a storm.
Really good feeling.
But ubisoft has added it 3 years after full release... so...

We have it... partially.
Now the question is: Is TW satisfied with current state or not...
I'm also playing Ghost Recon Breakpoint and with last year November big update they have added a dynamic weather system. I just love it.
You start an encounter with full visibility and then slowly it starts to rain, gets darker to finish in a storm.
Really good feeling.
But ubisoft has added it 3 years after full release... so...
Dope. I will check that game out. Could you please expand on how it is partially implemented? I remember some time ago someone explained how it was on the code, maybe @Terco_Viejo knows a little bit more on the subject or can recollect.

Well, it might not be that bad if TW later implements but like Notatroll said, let's see I guess.

Just a semblance of clouds on the map making a light shadow on the objects below would add a lot of immersion on the campaign map. Now and then some storms, out there on the open sea a hurricane... I mean its 2022. Don't tell me this can't be made possible.

The map and scenes are covered by snow in winter. It is a starts...
Blizzard in the mountains, sand storm in the desert, etc...
I'm really looking forward such changing and impactful weather system.
Especially since I actually have experienced it in another game (completely different style of game though :smile:)

The map and scenes are covered by snow in winter. It is a starts...
Blizzard in the mountains, sand storm in the desert, etc...
I'm really looking forward such changing and impactful weather system.
Especially since I actually have experienced it in another game (completely different style of game though :smile:)
And can create an impact on everyone for both the world map and battles

Dam you all mfs who view this damn thread and don't comment on it. Y'all are the reason TW can get away with this ****. Freaking lurkers.

Dam you all mfs who view this damn thread and don't comment on it. Y'all are the reason TW can get away with this ****. Freaking lurkers.
+1 ,

This function is really very important to me. I hope that both the big map and the campaign map can reflect the functions of rain and snow, day and night cycle and so on. In addition, there are too few internal scenes of the house. It is more beautiful to add the internal scenes of ordinary houses

NPCs in the town can have their own life track, go home to sleep at night, go out of the house to work in the morning, and they will have panic and other behaviors in case of emergencies at home. The big map is connected with the battle map. The LORD goes out of the castle and leads his soldiers across the street, then goes out of the city gate and disappears on the battle map. How beautiful

Dope. I will check that game out. Could you please expand on how it is partially implemented? I remember some time ago someone explained how it was on the code, maybe @Terco_Viejo knows a little bit more on the subject or can recollect.

Well, it might not be that bad if TW later implements but like Notatroll said, let's see I guess.

Just a semblance of clouds on the map making a light shadow on the objects below would add a lot of immersion on the campaign map. Now and then some storms, out there on the open sea a hurricane... I mean its 2022. Don't tell me this can't be made possible.
Official data + effects update

While it is true that there are scenes with rains and storms in mission (isle of deriad in mp mode) and also snow falling we can not say that we will see a dynamic atmosphere system like the witcher 3 for example where the clouds move, the wind sways the trees, the weather conditions change and the passing of the day is evident; at least NOT from the hand of Taleworlds. If _Sebastian_ got this for Warband I'm sure another modder in Bannerlord will manage to stake the flag this time.

While it is true that there are scenes with rains and storms in mission (isle of deriad in mp mode) and also snow falling we can not say that we will see a dynamic atmosphere system like the witcher 3 for example where the clouds move, the wind sways the trees, the weather conditions change and the passing of the day is evident; at least NOT from the hand of Taleworlds. If _Sebastian_ got this for Warband I'm sure another modder in Bannerlord will manage to stake the flag this time.
So much thanks for sharing this info.
I'm really impressed by the weather editor from that modder _Sebastian_ :xf-eek:
And kinda disappointed by what has been confirmed by TW...
It is very low on their "should implement" list apparently...

This nuts. This is nuts, what the hell. Why is always a modder able to achieve this while official devs can't/won't?

So basically, " No, its too hard and time consuming for us ..... up to the modders then "

Predictable .... but pathetic.

Last edited:
This nuts. This is nuts, what the hell. Why is always a modder able to achieve this while official devs can't/won't?
Modders can work on something at their leisure and on their terms and their own timescale without a manager looking over their shoulder and telling them to stop working on this and focus on something else.

But I understand your frustration.

Taleworlds' current way of working is clearly ineffective , inefficient and totally screwed up.

Well Bloc is currently working on a dynamic day in night cycle in scenes, take a look at ~1:42:

I hate to say it but modcreators are our only hope regarding this stuff

Well Bloc is currently working on a dynamic day in night cycle in scenes, take a look at ~1:42:

I hate to say it but modcreators are our only hope regarding this stuff

This video has spread like wildfire :lol:. I see that Bloc has deactivated the hidden tag on the video itself by making it public; I'm glad about that.

Yes, once again a (great) modder proves the supposedly impossible...
giphy.gif

Last edited:
That's cool. Hoping to see the weather mod to develop with actual gameplay effects like slowed down movements or reduced arrow range.

Yes, once again a (great) modder proves the supposedly impossible...
[May Allah forgive me]
Okay but why do you have to molest my eyes with this nipple twist gif?

Back
Top Bottom