Companions with unspent attribute/focus points

Users who are viewing this thread

vertibird

Recruit
Recently I hired a companion with "lucky" prefix and found that all of his attribute/focus points are unspent. I boosted his int to 10 and gave him 5 focus on engineering. He is my super engineer now.
Is this a bug? Is this a rare thing to happen?
More important question is : How can I detect a companion with unspent attribute/focus points without hiring them one by one?
Thanks!

I read somewhere that apparently this happens when a companion spawns into the game for the first time, they don't allocate their focus points/attributes right away but after a day has passed, so sometimes when you find one it'll be right before they allocate them allowing you to do it yourself.

I don't know if this is exactly how it works or if it's true at all, but I've found two companions, one was the ragged and I forgot what the other one was, and they had all their points free, so I'm sort of inclined to believe it might work this way.

Eitherway, yeah, companions should come with all their attributes and focus points unspent, or at least for some prefixes or something.

I would prefer a middle of the road approach, where companions come with focus points spent but all the perks are unspent.

And the main reason for that is that TW "design" of perks is beyond garbage and you have to navigate the perk choices very carefully to have a useful build.

I would prefer a middle of the road approach, where companions come with focus points spent but all the perks are unspent.

And the main reason for that is that TW "design" of perks is beyond garbage and you have to navigate the perk choices very carefully to have a useful build.

Perks being split the way they are between personal/party leader/captain/governor is a big part of the issue.

Not a major issue, but it dramatically increases the chance companions will have useless perks.

Of course, some perks are duds in general, and others are no-brainer picks for any character, too.

More customizable companions kind of gets two birds stoned at once.

I would have templates with some attributes/focus points spent according to their "job description" and their starting skill levels(enough focus/attributes to hit the skill levels they have), and some unspent, and then no perks spent.

If I hire a Scholar, obviously they should have some attributes in Int, for example. Clearly an Engineer should have focus in Engineering. Etc.

Back
Top Bottom