[UNOFFICIAL] Bannerlord Dedicated Server Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Taleworlds has access to the underlying code the game works on. Even with this project there are still going to be heavy limitations. TW custom servers are going to have to be the modding standard
And yet they failed to do in 12 years what a bunch of bois have done in a week.

Thanks for the all support. We are not going to write devlog or something like that but I'll try my best to keep the community updated about this project.

Currently we have done with the w-a-s-d (movement) and jumping. Next phase is interpolating kick and combat.

I wouldn't speak so soon.

Taleworlds has access to the underlying code the game works on. Even with this project there are still going to be heavy limitations. TW custom servers are going to have to be the modding standard for the simple reason everyone who buys the game isn't going to directly go download a third party launcher for a different lobbyserver.

There also comes the question of characters and such, you'd have to essentially either save the character locally which could become exploitable or have your own storage service alongside the lobbyserver which would cost money. Either way the project still has a long way to go but i trust these guys will manage it.

And he is right. We cant access game engine so we have some limitations. But also we (assumption) have enough freedom to accomplish our goals. We are pushing the limits to game engine. Doing heavy math and messing with milliseconds, we cannot promise anything but we will try our best.

Edit: Also we wont use 3th party launcher or sth like that

Last edited:
we are aiming to make this dedicated server modable, content expandable by other people like a library also (include serverside) but we need your opinions for architecture and networking. If you are interested please join our discord and send me a dm or write it to English chat. I will give you a discord role. with that, you can reach non-public dedicated mod discussion.

Back
Top Bottom