Any news on PW or PK thats really all that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

I feel it would be better to just release the multiplayer private servers, and let the community make great game that this can be and really want PW and PK. So come on now, but any news?

Has there been any good reason yet as to why they haven't released the ability to make custom modded servers? I know there have been a lot of people that bought the game purely for the Bannerlord Online mod which seems proof enough that even if they wanted to have some sort of monetisation for MP - private servers and multiplayer modding are gonna bring them more sales than selling skins or whatever.
And that's just from one mod, the only MP mod that exists currently.

Has there been any good reason yet as to why they haven't released the ability to make custom modded servers? I know there have been a lot of people that bought the game purely for the Bannerlord Online mod which seems proof enough that even if they wanted to have some sort of monetisation for MP - private servers and multiplayer modding are gonna bring them more sales than selling skins or whatever.
And that's just from one mod, the only MP mod that exists currently.
There are two versions to explain this:

The first one is more about rumours and thoughts, but based on previous ***events*** and comments, the MP devs want to push this version of multiplayer to the masses and want to use the early access time to polish it, before having other mods and custom servers do it's own thing and gain popularity. Back in the beta there was a group of people or a single guy, can't remember really, that had custom servers working until TW shut it down in an update, there was also a comment from a dev (I think, there's a screenshot somewhere) that said that their work wasn't being credited properly and that the custom servers were being called the "better ones". Do not take my word as 100% truth though, this is only what I remember it said, nor I know the context either, but well it seemed as if the devs were kinda wanting to limit the custom servers so they don't get their work to waste, which is something that it's very likely to happen, accounting the state of the MP (afaik, people don't play Captain or Skirmish anymore, only siege and DM at night with constant server crashes, at least in NA) .

The second version, given by Taleworlds is that the custom servers are on its way but that it was going to take some time and that it was very difficult (again I remember they've said this, it's in the forums somewhere, I would search it but man I'm in the bed and I don't wanna lol). It was kinda weird, because clearly Bannerlord Online is using their own servers with no problem, and a dude in the beta was pulling it off on its own, I don't know how servers work but it's kinda odd not even MP mod support is out there, maybe they're waiting for EA to end, maybe they are truly working on something that it's taking a lot of time, that statement was made like a year or more ago.

There's no way to be sure really, but it's been too long and the fact that the servers crash all the time in NA after 2 years in EA it's kinda ridiculous, It's very weird they haven't set their minds and finally fix that issue, I wished a dev answered what the problem really is

And yeah OP, in fact I was googling PW in Bannerlord today lol, I'm eager to play it too, it's very sad mods can't do anything because of TW cutting their legs off, those mods are very popular and I have no doubt they would explode, I would play all day

There are two versions to explain this:

The first one is more about rumours and thoughts, but based on previous ***events*** and comments, the MP devs want to push this version of multiplayer to the masses and want to use the early access time to polish it, before having other mods and custom servers do it's own thing and gain popularity. Back in the beta there was a group of people or a single guy, can't remember really, that had custom servers working until TW shut it down in an update, there was also a comment from a dev (I think, there's a screenshot somewhere) that said that their work wasn't being credited properly and that the custom servers were being called the "better ones". Do not take my word as 100% truth though, this is only what I remember it said, nor I know the context either, but well it seemed as if the devs were kinda wanting to limit the custom servers so they don't get their work to waste, which is something that it's very likely to happen, accounting the state of the MP (afaik, people don't play Captain or Skirmish anymore, only siege and DM at night with constant server crashes, at least in NA) .

The second version, given by Taleworlds is that the custom servers are on its way but that it was going to take some time and that it was very difficult (again I remember they've said this, it's in the forums somewhere, I would search it but man I'm in the bed and I don't wanna lol). It was kinda weird, because clearly Bannerlord Online is using their own servers with no problem, and a dude in the beta was pulling it off on its own, I don't know how servers work but it's kinda odd not even MP mod support is out there, maybe they're waiting for EA to end, maybe they are truly working on something that it's taking a lot of time, that statement was made like a year or more ago.

There's no way to be sure really, but it's been too long and the fact that the servers crash all the time in NA after 2 years in EA it's kinda ridiculous, It's very weird they haven't set their minds and finally fix that issue, I wished a dev answered what the problem really is

And yeah OP, in fact I was googling PW in Bannerlord today lol, I'm eager to play it too, it's very sad mods can't do anything because of TW cutting their legs off, those mods are very popular and I have no doubt they would explode, I would play all day
Thx for ur response, yeah I remember reading about that server (i think the lead guy's name was misteroutoftime?), was sad seeing that it got shut down. I think this game would've done really well with player/dev shared development considering its niche combat system. I can see why you wouldn't want your work to go to waste, but I'm honestly surprised they chose ego over money when you realise how many more sales they'd get from good mp mods.
And Bannerlord Online was developed initially by just one guy too - pretty worrying how long it takes their medium sized team to get things done.

But yeah I guess without a dev response all we can do is speculate as to the real reason they haven't given mp modding ability. I'm not on the forums that much but it's rare for me to see dev responses so I don't even know if they read most of these posts anyway

But ...but ...how will Taleworlds be able to monetise skins if they release private servers...people would just flock from their servers to the private ones...and what about the badges you will be able to earn ...

Has there been any good reason yet as to why they haven't released the ability to make custom modded servers?
Probably because someone will have the bright idea to rebalance vanilla bannerlord in such a way that removes TaleWorlds' intentional imbalances in favour of making everything viable. And we can't exactly have "enhanced Vanilla" mods popping up here and there. That will violate the vision that TaleWorlds has for their game.

Probably because someone will have the bright idea to rebalance vanilla bannerlord in such a way that removes TaleWorlds' intentional imbalances in favour of making everything viable. And we can't exactly have "enhanced Vanilla" mods popping up here and there. That will violate the vision that TaleWorlds has for their game.
Don't give them any ideas, they might limit our ways of using custom servers

guys i'm confused, if there are no multiplayer private servers as you said, then how does the mmo "bannerlord online" mod work? can't people just do what they did? why is "bannerlord online" the only multiplayer mod standing right now?

guys i'm confused, if there are no multiplayer private servers as you said, then how does the mmo "bannerlord online" mod work? can't people just do what they did? why is "bannerlord online" the only multiplayer mod standing right now?
That mod crafted it's own multiplayer systems and net code from scratch, and afaik they don't share the methods yet either. It's quite an amazing accomplishment from it's creator.

Saying that, though, the net code is not ideal for PvP combat with desync being an issue especially if you have a higher ping.

That mod crafted it's own multiplayer systems and net code from scratch, and afaik they don't share the methods yet either. It's quite an amazing accomplishment from it's creator.

Saying that, though, the net code is not ideal for PvP combat with desync being an issue especially if you have a higher ping.
Yeah, it's not perfect but it's an amazing feat still. It's crazy mod devs have to rely on making a great amount of work to do this, I hope he switches to official mod support once is out there (implying they'll work properly), the desync through me off bcs of high ping on my area.

Last edited:
Private servers are coming (before release). But there wont be modding support before the full release for multiplayer, as it requires more as "just them files".

So to summerize, taleworlds don't want private servers because they know people will **** on their own uninspired designs.
*unintelligible screeching*

Private servers are coming (before release). But there wont be modding support before the full release for multiplayer, as it requires more as "just them files".
We know it's a dignity or $ (!) issue it is harder then "just them files"
i am not talking about you btw

*unintelligible screeching*
That's fair enough. Does that mean no custom maps either? It'd be nice to at least play some of the other maps like you see in some of the events.

doing the strategy of waiting and releasing the servers in one big (stable) go to bring back a MP player base is a sound strategy. New MP player would then SP side which keeps them playing

but maybe TW could be more explicit if this is their strategy.

I don’t think anyone one would look down on this is if it was admitted I think they can only gain by telling us

doing the strategy of waiting and releasing the servers in one big (stable) go to bring back a MP player base is a sound strategy. New MP player would then SP side which keeps them playing

but maybe TW could be more explicit if this is their strategy.

I don’t think anyone one would look down on this is if it was admitted I think they can only gain by telling us
You're implying taleworlds has any strategy.

Back
Top Bottom