projectiles going through shields

Users who are viewing this thread

anyone else have projectiles going through their shield?

not your sword hand being shot (which i know is a game design) but projectiles going through the shield and hitting your body

i thought it was my fault at first (letting go for a spit second) but it has been happening a lot

i have heard this might be a feature?

Most likely intentional, since the way TaleWorlds wants you to play Bannerlord is to spam archers and nothing else in non-Captain modes.

anyone else have projectiles going through their shield?

not your sword hand being shot (which i know is a game design) but projectiles going through the shield and hitting your body

i thought it was my fault at first (letting go for a spit second) but it has been happening a lot

i have heard this might be a feature?
It's not intentional if it is happening. Would be great to get some footage. Each shield has a certain radius where it blocks projectiles around the mesh, but of course you can shoot around shields and hit your legs. Also lowering the shield slightly can lead to getting hit.

We do have a feature that allows projectiles to penetrate shields (it requires a tag on the item) and we are only giving it to ballista projectiles. So yeah arrows/bolts don't penetrate.

It's not intentional if it is happening. Would be great to get some footage. Each shield has a certain radius where it blocks projectiles around the mesh, but of course you can shoot around shields and hit your legs. Also lowering the shield slightly can lead to getting hit.

We do have a feature that allows projectiles to penetrate shields (it requires a tag on the item) and we are only giving it to ballista projectiles. So yeah arrows/bolts don't penetrate.
i will try to record it,

thank you for the reply

I am pretty sure thats the problem. You think you blocked your body with your shield but actually other one sees you as you are blocking your shield to the left direction so he can shoot you and in the twitch clip you can see he is shooting you from your right side

image.png
image.png

Don't want to shift the conversation here, but remember when hitting people on legs was harder and couldn't be done by someone who just picked archer for the first time lol.

I mean that's what they're meant for? Let's better zig zag in case they don't shoot us. Inf v archers is dumb in this game and frustrating
I almost think that's the point. I still wish that they'd give cavalry some specific anti-archer mechanics so as to force archers to either land headshots or pick up a spear.

When having a shield on your back, the bolt or arrow from behind penetrated through the shield and gave me almost normal damage maybe with a little dmg reduction. Saw the bolt stuck in the shield itself, didn't hit my legs or something. Same with melee hits on the shield on back. I find it wrong to happen like that. A shield is a shield.

Back
Top Bottom