Issues that remain unadressed by the devs

Users who are viewing this thread

I certainly agree that the scenery and atmosphere of the towns are beautiful, really well made.

However, there is no gameplay that you can do in towns, other than the bugged Spy Party quest lords will rarely give you. So unfortunately, I quickly get bored of wandering around town; there is nearly no interactivity.
I agree very much, so I've been posting on the forum. Because there is no interaction, it is easy to get tired. So every time I visit towns and castles, I can imagine a lot of stories. I really hope to have more RPG content and less rigid tasks

The task given by TW is very simple. There is nothing to aftertaste and think about, and it can not even mobilize your emotions. There is no sadness, sigh, anger, helplessness, anger and moving. It is a cold, rigid and short task. Such a task can be compiled into a book for you by our 5-year-old children in China, It must be changed (Including facial animation, voice, action, atmosphere, body language and so on, they should cooperate with each other and be linked together. This is a person's basic behavior). I must say impolitely that all systems in TW are not organically linked and fight their own battles, which is obvious

To put it bluntly, TW has not done enough in non combat scenes such as visiting cities and towns, especially the residents' animation, living habits, work content and so on. For example, I didn't see the nobles go to the market to really buy things, the farmers to sell things, the craftsmen to make things, the transporters to transport things, the women to cook and clean up. All the NPCs stood there, like a wooden stake. Such a good urban atmosphere, but no one brought vitality. What a pity

Last edited:
In fact, I want to use it in town tourism. I don't like fighting very much. I like to see the town scenery and experience the feeling of the middle ages, so I can wander around the town all day。Compared with fighting, if you love to visit every town, you have to say that the scenery and atmosphere are beautiful. Besides the garbage AI, Light baking error red lights, but others are beautiful. I love the story of Kingdom Come: Deliverance ,But in the medieval atmosphere TW is more beautiful than Kingdom Come: Deliverance
LOL @ "town tourism"...however, I do agree with you, they did a great job with the towns and villages. Like I mentioned elsewhere, they put in a lot of effort into taverns, Halls...etc and have so little content. There is so much potential!

Battles don't last long enough to watch the sun go down; most battles barely last 3 minutes, and even when armour is fixed, that would still probably only make it about 5-6 minutes. If the sun went down in that period of time it would actually feel unrealistic.

Also, night battles are irritating.
I also agree with you, "dynamic weather" is the least of my worries at this stage of the game. There are so many other things that are more important than implementing such a huge CPU/GPU taxing system. Naval action has such a feature, as soon as it starts raining my CPU/GPU fans go crazy! Plus, I personally don't enjoy night battles, fighting in the rain or all the stuff that is hyped about that "adds immersion". I like to immerse in nice sunny weather!

True most battles last around 5 min, but mine that involve more than 200-300 on each side last around 10 min. For me it's not bad. I play Naval Action and some of the group battles (15 or so players vs 20 AI ships) last around 30-40 min sometimes longer (one on one battles can last up to 90 min). Those group battles are planned in advanced and happen about once a day or every other day. So imagine every big battle in Bannerlord lasting that long...I just think it would be just too much. I agree 5 min is too short though.

When I worked on a mod for Rome 2 Total War it was the same, the battles were too short and anti-climatic. I was assigned to conduct testing and trying to figure out how to make them last longer (through tweaking different variables) and the solution at that time was rebalancing Morale and increasing Armor values while keeping damage the same.

There have been multiple immersion and diplomacy related additions in the last few updates. I'm sure they're aware players want more, but they have to balance between that and polishing the current content. There's a long list of things they've acknowledged players want that includes all kinds of things but it takes time to get around to it and they have to prioritize.

As for mods, well, mods are made by people not having to worry about balancing everything else in the game, and being optional they don't have to be concerned with whether they'll be polarizing. Many mods are designed for niche interests and overcomplicate aspects of the game for other players.
I utterly disagree on the mod thing being easier or something super simple and cant be compared to what devs do. Moders are doing exactly what devs do and may i add some moders not only provide a product but its levels ahead of a whole studio filled with devs. If a mod can put diplomacy options that go even beyond what the majority of players ask and it doesnt in any way harm the feel of the game or makes things harder for other players and honestly i dont even know you come up with that idea a mod is making something harder for others but anyway. Go to any Youtuber that plays Bannerlord on a regular basis and their gameplay seems interesting and very hands on from the player cuz you have lots of options and things to do and think about and just click on the list of mods they have installed and then think of yourself if a dude that doesnt work in TW has the time to make a major "update" on a mechanic for the game then what are the teams who get paid in TW do all this time. For example 1.7.2 update is nothing more than a polish on few small things and very little rework on troops that i just found for the most part not needed but beyond that nothing of actual meaning to the gameplay. If they can spend 2-3 months just to do refix on troops something i used to do in 1 night back in Warband cuz its not even that hard or time consuming , sure AI pathfinding in Sieges is another breed but besides mostly small twiks and polish or two over AI moving around objects there isnt a single major work done that is in the game to fix glaring issues. Dont you think adding or fixing major gameplay mechanics is more important than twiking soldiers every update. How can you say that a mod that not only overhauls every troop tree in the game , includes dimplomacy options and changes the whole AI behaivior titles and what not isnt as hard or time consuming as dev work ? Im sick of the idea that i need 10 mods to make the game feel like its complete. EA excuse has run it course and its not a viable excuse at this time. Honestly it comes to a point where i start to regret buying the game and not just getting some other way cuz then i wouldnt mind if something is missing or doesnt work cuz its free. We payed for EA true but we never payed for a game that may very well stay stuck in its EA form at this rate of development.

I utterly disagree on the mod thing being easier or something super simple and cant be compared to what devs do. Moders are doing exactly what devs do and may i add some moders not only provide a product but its levels ahead of a whole studio filled with devs. If a mod can put diplomacy options that go even beyond what the majority of players ask and it doesnt in any way harm the feel of the game or makes things harder for other players and honestly i dont even know you come up with that idea a mod is making something harder for others but anyway. Go to any Youtuber that plays Bannerlord on a regular basis and their gameplay seems interesting and very hands on from the player cuz you have lots of options and things to do and think about and just click on the list of mods they have installed and then think of yourself if a dude that doesnt work in TW has the time to make a major "update" on a mechanic for the game then what are the teams who get paid in TW do all this time. For example 1.7.2 update is nothing more than a polish on few small things and very little rework on troops that i just found for the most part not needed but beyond that nothing of actual meaning to the gameplay. If they can spend 2-3 months just to do refix on troops something i used to do in 1 night back in Warband cuz its not even that hard or time consuming , sure AI pathfinding in Sieges is another breed but besides mostly small twiks and polish or two over AI moving around objects there isnt a single major work done that is in the game to fix glaring issues. Dont you think adding or fixing major gameplay mechanics is more important than twiking soldiers every update. How can you say that a mod that not only overhauls every troop tree in the game , includes dimplomacy options and changes the whole AI behaivior titles and what not isnt as hard or time consuming as dev work ? Im sick of the idea that i need 10 mods to make the game feel like its complete. EA excuse has run it course and its not a viable excuse at this time. Honestly it comes to a point where i start to regret buying the game and not just getting some other way cuz then i wouldnt mind if something is missing or doesnt work cuz its free. We payed for EA true but we never payed for a game that may very well stay stuck in its EA form at this rate of development.
I'm sorry but Modding does not equal developing. Different game but here's a good thread discussing it -

Also... paragraphs....

I'm sorry but Modding does not equal developing. Different game but here's a good thread discussing it -

Also... paragraphs....
Thanks for the reminder oh paragraphs ,its a running problem of mine i havent yet worked around.

The thread you pointed me to is not only for a different game but has very different issue and little to no connection on what i said.

The common topic of the thread you suggested is about the constrictions around mods and people wanting to have several running but the game not being able to support them running in compatability something of the sort.

No one is saying the people who put in the work or hours at TW are lazy cuz i will never insult a working man.
Its the company prioriy on what is being developed and how things progress the problem and how mods keep up the slack to have the game afloat.

I dont need to list all the major upsets the base game has and needs to adress more than the above mentioned twiks.

Let me ask you a quiestion and be honest - What would you prefered to be in the 1.7.2 update ?

1. Small fixes on troops and Siege AI (i`ll not include the big bug fix list and im thankfull they got it sorted there so i`ll give credit for that)

2. Working Diplomacy setup

Sure they get like 100 things done in update and it means they look at 100 different stuff and dont focus on a specific part of a game but how am i to believe that something like the forementioned Diplomacy or War/Peace rework isnt worth more to a player than the other 100 small things.
Can we agree that an update once in a while that involves something major will have more impact on how the gameplay runs since clearly its in the game possibility to support it.
I played 1.7.2 since it came up almost every day and it feels like nothing rly changed so far and my gameplay is still the same old rince and repeat way of doing things and knowing full well what the AI will do and unless i somehow roleplay or hype myself it becomes boring really fast.

i think we should stop using the word "immersion"
its gotten a over-blowing nit-picky stigma attached to it, and the stigma is deserved.

the friendly shields and bodyblocking, it's annoying. the shields invisible 140 degree hit box is a bit game breaking.
the 1 frame block speed is infuriating, the weapon blocks protect guys ahead of the guy getting hit (swing at 2 dudes aiming for front, guy in rear stops the attack)

put the siege ammo directly behind the siege weapon, ai gets stuck at the left/right placments

force last 3 guys to retreat; to stop bugged enemies from troll-pausing the battle

Back
Top Bottom