Issues that remain unadressed by the devs

Users who are viewing this thread

Goyyyio

Sergeant
So I wanted to make a list of things that remain unadressed or that have not been talked about in a long time/there was never an oficial response or a release date for it, you can add your own things/concerns that have not been properly spoken by the devs here. Please if there's an official answer that I've missed or something has been properly talked about, let me know, so I can fix it, have in mind I may have missed some posts and im not unfallible

Singleplayer Issues

Immersion features
. If you go into the suggestion section (It's right there, TW) you'll find a big portion of them have something related or not, to immersion features. Better dialog, more activities to do beyond war, more interaction with NPCs (Lords/Companions/Citizens), feasts, hunting, something that shows the world is alive, at all?. Taleworlds has not once, not even once talked about this. I can't recall not a single post where a dev, or a community manager, or anyone working at Taleworlds has talked about improving this dead area of the game. It seems as if Taleworlds is either relying on modders to solve this issue or they simply dont care about improving their game and will leave this clearly important side of the game unnatended.

Diplomacy. This is the same as the immersion features, and I would count it as one, but it deserves its own section. How is that a mod is already working alliances into the game, but Taleworlds after years cant crack an idea for it? Are they even working on something like diplomacy? Going up in the world is as simple as murder and vote in the most simple screen to get a castle, there isnt a single strategy to be made, and the game ends up in repetition. I've read a post or two that old devs tried to at least add casius belli, we all know where that ended: In the dumpster. Hasnt been spoken since. A world that's supposed to have intrigue and politics going on got turned into a simpleton point and click game.

Banners. If I had the energy, I would quote the post of Callum addressing this, saying it was planned to be a part of a bigger feature. It has been like a year now of this, maybe more, maybe less. Now that issue got in the dark and people simply rely on the mods being updated for it.

Multiplayer issues

A fix to server crashes
. For some reason the devs havent recognized the constant crashes in the MP servers, nor have talked about finding a way of fixing them neither talked about the intention of fixing them anytime soon, right now a siege (the most played mode) and TDM constantly crash and while you can get back in the server right in, its still frustrating and many people leave the game when that happens. After the long time we've been having these troubles its very, very odd they havent been solved yet.

Custom servers. This subject causes an inmense dread among players, because after 2 years modders can't even start working on their MP mods because the lack of custom servers/MP modding tools, and the devs went radio silence about this. There isnt a speak of it being worked on at all, there isnt a suitable post by a dev addressing this so called necessity at all, only mentions in random posts you need to search to find.

More servers among regions. The lack of custom servers leaves out a portion of the community out, but Taleworlds wont open up more servers in other regions either, leaving some players questioning if they will ever play MP properly at all. Taleworlds has only talked about this in the very beggining, to never answer to this issue ever again, as if a group of player's need wasn't important to them, despite selling them a game.

Probably more ideas would come to mind, I'm sure more experienced forumites will know what is missing, so I hope you add more to this conversation. I apologize for the tone, I dont want to dismiss the amount of work that has been done in the game, but some of these issues have been talked about even before the game was released to the public, and it feels like we've become the community of a wall.

There have been multiple immersion and diplomacy related additions in the last few updates. I'm sure they're aware players want more, but they have to balance between that and polishing the current content. There's a long list of things they've acknowledged players want that includes all kinds of things but it takes time to get around to it and they have to prioritize.

As for mods, well, mods are made by people not having to worry about balancing everything else in the game, and being optional they don't have to be concerned with whether they'll be polarizing. Many mods are designed for niche interests and overcomplicate aspects of the game for other players.

Hell yeah, Banners will change everything, I think a new Hair modell would have also saved Cyberpunk 2077. For real, i know Banners are important to you. But they only shine in the graphics and not in the immersion part. At least for me...

Edit: Since it was decades I have written in this Forum I will say here something, "great changes" so far in Bannerlord. They are not perfekt but you can call them at least good and a step in the right direction. Good work TW.

Hell yeah, Banners will change everything, I think a new Hair modell would have also saved Cyberpunk 2077. For real, i know Banners are important to you. But they only shine in the graphics and not in the immersion part. At least for me...
Dunno where you got any of these things you're saying

Dunno where you got any of these things you're saying
Simple my opinion. Most of that what I had read is that the ppl here find banners immersive, I definitely not. I will look at them in 10 battles and will think wow that's nice. After 500 battles I don't care about them in the slightest way. Personally it isn't an issue for me to have or not have banners. All the other points you have mentioned are good points which can be game changers and should be addressed permanatly but definitely not banners. As told, only my opinion

Simple my opinion. Most of that what I had read is that the ppl here find banners immersive, I definitely not. I will look at them in 10 battles and will think wow that's nice. After 500 battles I don't care about them in the slightest way. Personally it isn't an issue for me to have or not have banners. All the other points you have mentioned are good points which can be game changers and should be addressed permanatly but definitely not banners. As told, only my opinion
Yeah, well that's why it's one of other many points. I never said they would change everything, it's just an issue they promised years ago and now it went into the dark just like everything else.

Yeah, well that's why it's one of other many points. I never said they would change everything, it's just an issue they promised years ago and now it went into the dark just like everything else.
They're gonna add something soon. The change to the dragon banner from a key item to a inventory item is some kind of prep work for when actual banners and their effects(?) and brought in.

They're gonna add something soon. The change to the dragon banner from a key item to a inventory item is some kind of prep work for when actual banners and their effects(?) and brought in.
Banners with effects? That gives me Warhammer vibes, and a lot of potential for modders too!
I'd love to see a Banner that casts lightning bolts!

Or more realistically, a Banner that will rally fleeing troops

Id also ignore community and keep doing what I planned to do if i were TW. By now its pretty obvious that the community is a baby with no actual opinions or insight, just demanding left and right and complain when their demands isnt met. Cba to visit forum anymore, its too stupid

Id also ignore community and keep doing what I planned to do if i were TW. By now its pretty obvious that the community is a baby with no actual opinions or insight, just demanding left and right and complain when their demands isnt met. Cba to visit forum anymore, its too stupid
Well some of the community does have a point, but we all know that MOST of the things that we suggests won't happen, that's why the majority of people gave up on the base game and will wait till full release so that modders can get creative and make the game fun or even improve the game, without the fantasy for example, the ai.

I think we complain when the "demands" (asking for example, for stable servers is a reasonable thing to do, specially if you've payed for a game and they fail to provide such service) aren't answered at all, that's the problem. If I we at least had a a sign that TW acknowledges such problems or that at least they're going to think in some of the issues, or just straight up say NO it would be enough, but complete silence is what is bothering this community.

I think we complain when the "demands" (asking for example, for stable servers is a reasonable thing to do, specially if you've payed for a game and they fail to provide such service) aren't answered at all, that's the problem. If I we at least had a a sign that TW acknowledges such problems or that at least they're going to think in some of the issues, or just straight up say NO it would be enough, but complete silence is what is bothering this community.
Meaningless and never-to-be-fulfilled assurances or some half-hearted corporate put-off or even just an outright rejection is somehow better than total silence, you're suggesting? What the hell are you on to not have noticed that to date they've been doing just that? There's silence here and there, but I'd wager that's mostly because there's simply no excusing a lot of their choices. Some of their responses to the mp class system palaver were so mind-numbingly retarded it made me doubt the mental health and sanity of the employees. As such they've now defaulted the scope of their communication to either: "we REALLY thought VERY hard about this idea/suggestion but yeah no we won't do it" or: "very interesting. I'll forward this to whoever the **** is in charge of this studio anymore to dismiss this issue and you'll never hear us talk about it again."

I think the most missing thing is the circadian cycle and dynamic weather, as well as AI life animation. There are too few interactive things
Each to their own, but it's strange you consider that the most missing thing, out of everything else they could possibly add.

Battles don't last long enough to watch the sun go down; most battles barely last 3 minutes, and even when armour is fixed, that would still probably only make it about 5-6 minutes. If the sun went down in that period of time it would actually feel unrealistic.

Also, night battles are irritating.

Weather exists in the game, in the form of snow (working) and rain (present inside the game, but not working).

If you are interested, this mod lets you add rain, and works with 1.7.0: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2217

Each to their own, but it's strange you consider that the most

Battles don't last long enough to watch the sun go down; most battles barely last 3 minutes, and even when armour is fixed, that would still probably only make it about 5-6 minutes. If the sun went down in that period of time it would actually feel unrealistic.

Also, night battles are irritating.

Weather exists in the game, in the form of snow (working) and rain (present inside the game, but not working).

If you are interested, this mod lets you add rain, and works with 1.7.0: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2217
In fact, I want to use it in town tourism. I don't like fighting very much. I like to see the town scenery and experience the feeling of the middle ages, so I can wander around the town all day。Compared with fighting, if you love to visit every town, you have to say that the scenery and atmosphere are beautiful. Besides the garbage AI, Light baking error red lights, but others are beautiful. I love the story of Kingdom Come: Deliverance ,But in the medieval atmosphere TW is more beautiful than Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Last edited:
In fact, I want to use it in town tourism. I don't like fighting very much. I like to see the town scenery and experience the feeling of the middle ages, so I can wander around the town all day。Compared with fighting, if you love to visit every town, you have to say that the scenery and atmosphere are beautiful. Besides the garbage AI, Light baking error red lights, but others are beautiful. I love the suck story of heaven's salvation, but in the middle ages, TW is more beautiful than the heaven.
I certainly agree that the scenery and atmosphere of the towns are beautiful, really well made.

However, there is no gameplay that you can do in towns, other than the bugged Spy Party quest lords will rarely give you. So unfortunately, I quickly get bored of wandering around town; there is nearly no interactivity.

Back
Top Bottom