#BringBackDeathCount - poll

Should TW bring back death count?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

It was done in an effort to improve the general atmosphere (reduce toxicity). Myself and I am sure you too would agree that creating a welcoming environment for new players is one of the aspects that leads to a healthy player base that fuels both casual and competitive modes. But we recognize that this statistic is important in many ways if you're competitive, wish to improve your skills, useful for comparison in tournaments,...
People can be toxic for whatever reason, remove deaths and they will find another like "Boohoo your score is low, l2p, ez, noob" or whatever.

Reducing toxicity rarely can be done by game redesign, that "responsibility" lies within the game community on how it reacts to toxicity and if it rejects it or embraces that. That is real life RNG since you never know how community will turn out and it can always suddenly go bad for no specific reason at all.

People can be toxic for whatever reason, remove deaths and they will find another like "Boohoo your score is low, l2p, ez, noob" or whatever.

Reducing toxicity rarely can be done by game redesign, that "responsibility" lies within the game community on how it reacts to toxicity and if it rejects it or embraces that. That is real life RNG since you never know how community will turn out and it can always suddenly go bad for no specific reason at all.
Thats why tws should have have an option to disable chats, to avoid the toxic players. This would be better than changing the scoreboard

Personally I think one of the best ways to reduce toxicity and have a better environment for folk to learn the ropes and create a community would be these things called "Battle" and "Custom Servers".

I'm really glad it is back - it was a huge mistake taking it away. Part of the fantasy of these medieval games is getting better at the game; with no death count it becomes a meaningless grind for kills.

Back
Top Bottom