All dark skinned persons have been wiped from the game after around 100 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a save file that has been running for over 100 in game years and after all this time I noticed something changed. All the dark skinned people that you would normally find in the Aseria region have been completely gentrified by the larger caucasian and asian populations. The only dark skinned people left are the companions that spawn in with the aerial culture but that is all, all 9f the dark skin clans have been gentrified by white people. Tbh that's a little messed up and I propose that the map be expanded further south to allow for more persons of color so the longevity of the african race would be extended.

Must be code issues, or due random that lead to it. I think there is more number of white male and female more than dark skins people at start, then they making babies to overwhelming, but it's similar to faction, faction and clan can get wiped as well. If player try to kill other faction or clan off, what is difference of it got wiped out since this game designed to be war and conquering mostly?

I see nothing wrong because this game is war game based mostly. Now if it peace game, then I can see issues, and yes, that would mess up, but can be this game be peaceful in united? I don't know, other than there is 300 skill trade to buy town without war, but other than that, they didn't design or add for peaceful mode yet, I wonder if they could do that add gameplay other way to play by united whole faction or make all faction peace together to win game or something, rather than old way of conquering.

I don't see any issues unless they add peace mode gameplay more than mere war and conquering, then we should worried about that issues.

Many marriages occur across borders and it seems to be pretty much randomised who they marry. There is 1 faux Middle East/African faction and 1 faux Asian faction. There are 6 that are broadly faux European.

I'd be surprised if after 4 or 5 generations that the Asari and Kuzaits hadn't been bred away...

It isn't a code error. The math just isn't in their favour.

Remember tho... this just affects the nobility, not the people.

Plenty of aristocracies in history were not representative of the populations they ruled, or thoroughly interbred with foreign aristocracies. The player can however, reintroduce a local nobility in Asari or Kuzait lands by raising up a new clan from a local companion.

Last edited:
Must be code issues, or due random that lead to it. I think there is more number of white male and female more than dark skins people at start, then they making babies to overwhelming, but it's similar to faction, faction and clan can get wiped as well. If player try to kill other faction or clan off, what is difference of it got wiped out since this game designed to be war and conquering mostly?

I see nothing wrong because this game is war game based mostly. Now if it peace game, then I can see issues, and yes, that would mess up, but can be this game be peaceful in united? I don't know, other than there is 300 skill trade to buy town without war, but other than that, they didn't design or add for peaceful mode yet, I wonder if they could do that add gameplay other way to play by united whole faction or make all faction peace together to win game or something, rather than old way of conquering.

I don't see any issues unless they add peace mode gameplay more than mere war and conquering, then we should worried about that issues.
The aseria were the second to last faction to get wiped on that save so that has nothing to do with it. Simple fact is minorities are HEAVILY underrepresented in this game.

2 out of 6 factions are minorities, I'd hardly call that "HEAVILY under-represented". Not to mention that this is something that happens after hundred years in game, how many people even play that long?!

Sure TW could add marriage biases to make same culture marriages more likely, but this sounds like a pretty big non issue for the majority of the player base.

The underlying issue is that when a marriage occurs between two AIs of different cultures, the children will always have the culture of the mother, rather than being a 50/50 split. So ultimately the larger cultures are biased to replace the smaller ones, over a long period of time.

In addition, there is also the issue that clans are biased to marry their children to any clan they aren't enemies with, and since enemies are easily made within one's own faction and next door factions, that normally means a clan will marry their children to someone from the other side of the world where they have no enemies. So you will get Sturgians turning up en masse in Aserai nobility, and vice versa, by the second generation. Because Calradia is based heavily on real-life medieval Europe and Near Asia (where people with very dark skin almost did not exist at all) comprising 80% of the game's map, and North Africa (where they did) comprising 20%, the game is thus biased to breed out minorities over a long period of time.

OP's problem can be fixed in two ways:

* Make clans more likely to marry their members to clans within the same faction.

* Make male children take their father's culture and female children take their mother's culture. Or randomise it.

This will also fix complaints other people have had about the strange transcontinental marriage habits of Calradians.

The problem is much more simple, I found that skin color doesn't mix for children and only ever takes the white parents skin. I've played both a dark skinned female marrying a sturgian and a sturgian marrying on of the very few dark skinned aserai, in either situation and regardless of the childs gender or culture they are as white as the white parent. So literally the only dark skinned people you will see is at the start.

It would be much cooler if the children's skin were an average of the parents like what happens irl.

I have a save file that has been running for over 100 in game years and after all this time I noticed something changed. All the dark skinned people that you would normally find in the Aseria region have been completely gentrified by the larger caucasian and asian populations. The only dark skinned people left are the companions that spawn in with the aerial culture but that is all, all 9f the dark skin clans have been gentrified by white people. Tbh that's a little messed up and I propose that the map be expanded further south to allow for more persons of color so the longevity of the african race would be extended.
Congratulations, You have learned how generational evolution works. This is just a video game tho with bare bone mechanics compaired to Real Life. If you wish to play Real Life go outside.

Last edited:
Different in one of my long campaigns where the king and his family of the Vlandians was dark skinned. Its just random how the game goes .

The problem is much more simple, I found that skin color doesn't mix for children and only ever takes the white parents skin. I've played both a dark skinned female marrying a sturgian and a sturgian marrying on of the very few dark skinned aserai, in either situation and regardless of the childs gender or culture they are as white as the white parent. So literally the only dark skinned people you will see is at the start.

It would be much cooler if the children's skin were an average of the parents like what happens irl.
Yes, that would be good too (or if it's too complex for TW then at the very least make the child have a 50% chance to inherit the skin tone of one parent)

I think that the smart ones fled out of the game and now after 100 in game years greeting the real sun.
Ethnic cleansing is hard coded into the game. Everyone knows this.
giphy.gif

The only black person I found in the game is Ghuzid, an Aserai lord. With blue eyes, of course. Even his daughter becomes white, true.
All others with darker skin seem to be mixed in origin or not based on real peoples.

BL-black-and-white-mixed-child-white.jpg

Back
Top Bottom