Can we please have more commands and more info?

Users who are viewing this thread

@Dejan since the Advance command in particular works so differently depending on the troop type, may I suggest that during the renaming TW implements a dynamic name for that command?

As in, the Advance command should be called:
  • Skirmish when selecting Ranged, Skirmish or HA troops
  • Advance or March when selecting Melee troops
  • Engage when selecting Cavalry
This way it is clear what will happen when you give the "Advance" command to a troop formation.

@Dejan since the Advance command in particular works so differently depending on the troop type, may I suggest that during the renaming TW implements a dynamic name for that command?

This way it is clear what will happen when you give the "Advance" command to a troop formation.
Yes this would be better and suits the battle for each troop types

That could confuse some players and there's also an issue of selecting multiple different formations - which would then have to display one of these words or a completely different word. A word like "Engage" can better cover all of the formations.

That could confuse some players and there's also an issue of selecting multiple different formations - which would then have to display one of these words or a completely different word. A word like "Engage" can better cover all of the formations.
So just keep it as advanced then? But does that command has the same meaning for everyone? I would assume so, or would each troop type be a bit different?

So just keep it as advanced then? But does that command has the same meaning for everyone? I would assume so, or would each troop type be a bit different?
The issue with "Advance", at least in my eyes is, that I connect it with that command from Warband where you could just move the formation 10 steps forward. And it doesn't really describe the behaviour well, especially with an archer formation where they get in range and then retreat to fire again. Not sure what you mean with "meaning". Different troops respond differently to that command as discussed previously in this thread.

The issue with "Advance", at least in my eyes is, that I connect it with that command from Warband where you could just move the formation 10 steps forward. And it doesn't really describe the behaviour well, especially with an archer formation where they get in range and then retreat to fire again. Not sure what you mean with "meaning". Different troops respond differently to that command as discussed previously in this thread.
We need something like "Hold formation" command. Because, for example, if I assign a formation, like, archers in front, infatnry is behind, cavalry left and right flanks, and then after I tell them to move, they all just line up and ruin the formation.

Oh right, i probably missed that part that each troops respond differently.

We need something like "Hold formation" command. Because, for example, if I assign a formation, like, archers in front, infatnry is behind, cavalry left and right flanks, and then after I tell them to move, they all just line up and ruin the formation.
Will bring it up at the suggestion meeting.

Back
Top Bottom