Aserai Rebalance when?

Users who are viewing this thread

Aserai still sukz (in siege and tdm), when should we expect you to fix their units? They run too slow and heavy cavalry is so bad(with that tiny shield, low armor and short lance), that people just stick to light cavalry.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or you're simply just dangerously misinformed. Aserai heavy cav has access to the longest lance in the game and a large shield. Tribal warriors have the best T1 armor in the game, and they get maces allowing them take down heavy inf in just a few swings, making them extremely cost-efficient at 100g and giving them excellent utility in any game mode. It also goes without saying Aserai has by far the best skirmishers of all the factions -and the best light cav.

At this point, the hazard is that the devs might actually take your *objectively false* views as truth and make further changes to a faction that is already in a very great place -but I have faith they won't do this, because I'm certain they have a better understanding of the state of Bannerlord than you do.

Those are the only modes if you live in Canada or the US
Have you ever tried queueing for skirmish or captain? Probably not. Even if the skirmish and captain is less populated then siege and tdm, it's still a dumb idea to try to balance the game around tdm and siege. OP doesn't even know what he's talking about. Everythin he said is wrong.

Now they made Aserai super OP , even sturgia strugles agaist them..
Sturgia is in a pretty bad state right now. Their archer has a horrible rate of fire and low damage output considering.

The varyag axes are jokes to other heavy inf. They need maces. Varyags cost 160 but are demonstrably worse than the legionary that costs 150.

The cav is good at least, but really their inf needs to be fixed. All they need to do is add the mace back in somewhere.

Have you ever tried queueing for skirmish or captain? Probably not. Even if the skirmish and captain is less populated then siege and tdm, it's still a dumb idea to try to balance the game around tdm and siege. OP doesn't even know what he's talking about. Everythin he said is wrong.
I actually have before the 1.7.0 update and from what i've seen, heavy infantry has been the biggest weakness of the Aserai in Captain mode, much to the point where it's apparent to me that there must always be a Mamluke royal archer on the Aserai team in order to have even the fairest chance at fighting other factions save for maybe Khuzait but that's mostly because they only have a medium infantry

Agreed with the topic, aserai suck. Why should we play for cheap 100 gold units when all other superior factions have superior 160 gold inf. Also other factions heavy archers are 10 gold better. Skirmishers are ****, I don't know personally cause I don't play them but they look like ****eaters. Manly sturgian 2h inf oneshots them all the time 1v5

I actually have before the 1.7.0 update and from what i've seen, heavy infantry has been the biggest weakness of the Aserai in Captain mode, much to the point where it's apparent to me that there must always be a Mamluke royal archer on the Aserai team in order to have even the fairest chance at fighting other factions save for maybe Khuzait but that's mostly because they only have a medium infantry
get help

I don't think balancing issues would be so bad, if they used the old Warband system. I mean, no matter what changes they make - it won't matter largely because it will likely effect each of the other modes. So potentially they could be in a predicament where they need to customise each class for each mode separately.

Not to mention how daft the skins are, lower tier troops with what looks like proper armour - and classes starting to look similar to each other - and the god-forsaken grind. The system was built around skins, its a mess.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or you're simply just dangerously misinformed. Aserai heavy cav has access to the longest lance in the game and a large shield. Tribal warriors have the best T1 armor in the game, and they get maces allowing them take down heavy inf in just a few swings, making them extremely cost-efficient at 100g and giving them excellent utility in any game mode. It also goes without saying Aserai has by far the best skirmishers of all the factions -and the best light cav.

At this point, the hazard is that the devs might actually take your *objectively false* views as truth and make further changes to a faction that is already in a very great place -but I have faith they won't do this, because I'm certain they have a better understanding of the state of Bannerlord than you do.

I am not misinformed and neither are you. I think you are a skirmish game mode player mostly (where aserai is pretty decent now), and I am usually in siege server.

1- Firstly, to access those longest lances and large shields, they have to sacrifice their horse armor and other good perk that I cannot remember right now. And you forgot a TINY detail, their armor is stupidly low. vlan*ian knight has almost double of that, with same price of 300. (Which is very hard to afford in siege/tdm for aserai)

2- Their light infantry is pretty decent, but runs very slow. I have a couple of clips, where vlan*ian and empire light infantries tease aserai and run away, or run between them and go to back flags, while aserai units fail to catch up to them.

3- Skirmisher units are not a very good choice on tdm, siege modes (I know they are very popular in skirmish). Their low armor make them easy kills and they cost more than all other skirmisher units as I remember. .

4- Their light cavalry is good, I already admitted it. But not sure if it's the best, battanian and vlandian light cavalries are very good and have access to higher armored horses. Aserai has faster horse though, so perhaps on very open maps they have advantage.

The devs already have admitted that aserai has very lower winrates in siege/tdm. I have my own limited data also that I can show to prove this.

Sturgia is in a pretty bad state right now. Their archer has a horrible rate of fire and low damage output considering.

The varyag axes are jokes to other heavy inf. They need maces. Varyags cost 160 but are demonstrably worse than the legionary that costs 150.

The cav is good at least, but really their inf needs to be fixed. All they need to do is add the mace back in somewhere.
Agreed. Their units are under too heavy armor so they run slow. Their axes are a total joke, They hit so low and so slow. Only berserker has decent axe, but they basically nude and cost 140 now, which is horrible for siege/tdm modes. (they will get a random arrow/bolt and die).

Only decent combination I have found is their skirmisher, it runs pretty fast and if you pick up a weapon from the ground they will be very effective.

I don't know personally cause I don't play them but they look like ****eaters. Manly sturgian
Yeah I see what your actual problem is lmao. You cant balance racism sadly

On topic, I feel like while Aserai and Sturgia def need a buff, Vlandia needs a nerf too, the sergeant is just way too hard to kill even with maces, not to mention the annoyance of their 1 shorting crossbows and the OP cavalry.

Last edited:
Yeah I see what your actual problem is lmao. You cant balance racism sadly

On topic, I feel like while Aserai and Sturgia def need a buff, Vlandia needs a nerf too, the sergeant is just way too hard to kill even with maces, not to mention the annoyance of their 1 shorting crossbows and the OP cavalry.
It's not racism, memeluke look good, and these peasants look so poor, why should I identify myself with poor aserai peasant when other good well balanced factions like sturgia have mighty strong warriors and winning all matches because of that

It's not racism, memeluke look good, and these peasants look so poor, why should I identify myself with poor aserai peasant when other good well balanced factions like sturgia have mighty strong warriors and winning all matches because of that
The peasants of all factions are pretty poorly dressed even if we look purely at unit aesthetics.

If anything, the Tribal Warrior actually has leather pauldrons available with the Improved Armor perk while the Sturgian Warrior's extra armor is in the form of a decorative cloth and nothing else.

As for Sturgia being able to win matches, see Fuat's point about 140 cost Berserkers being practically naked vs other factions' shock troops at least wearing some light clothes. Meanwhile, the Brigand still has a pretty poor weapon selection to the point where you're better off using your throwing axes in melee, and the Hunter's melee perk is an actual downgrade from his default axe.

I still stand by my statement that the biggest problem with Aserai is their inability to fight heavy infantry, hence my earlier suggestion of replacing "Bardiche but worse" with a blunt bastard polearm.

I wonder if sturgia can win at least 20% matches against aserai with decent players
I guess no since it has about 35% total wr in mm and probably even less in beast
Theres a fun statistics, sturgia wr has negative correlation coefficient with player skill level according to current beast stats, so it looks like that
Div A: 27%
Div B: 33%
Div C: 38%
Div D: 41%
and div e is a mess since even aserai has 37%wr there
I wonder what Nine is gonna balance it around, public matches, div z competitive players or top tier competitive

Last edited:
I am not misinformed and neither are you. I think you are a skirmish game mode player mostly (where aserai is pretty decent now), and I am usually in siege server.
One game mode out of five.

1- Firstly, to access those longest lances and large shields, they have to sacrifice their horse armor and other good perk that I cannot remember right now. And you forgot a TINY detail, their armor is stupidly low. vlan*ian knight has almost double of that, with same price of 300. (Which is very hard to afford in siege/tdm for aserai)
So what? You get maneuverability which no other class can actually rival if you want, you get a very good shield with a good lance in combination or a stronger one with speed bonus attached.

2- Their light infantry is pretty decent, but runs very slow. I have a couple of clips, where vlan*ian and empire light infantries tease aserai and run away, or run between them and go to back flags, while aserai units fail to catch up to them.
dont bother with anything but the movement speed perk, thx. It also increases your damage. You don't even need to farm anything to get the unit as it costs straight 100.

3- Skirmisher units are not a very good choice on tdm, siege modes (I know they are very popular in skirmish). Their low armor make them easy kills and they cost more than all other skirmisher units as I remember. .

Well, that might be true, but if I think about the amount of 2H dudes running around I see lots of score to be gained by using the javs and kiting, which you can do, because you are in fact super fast with mobility perk.
4- Their light cavalry is good, I already admitted it. But not sure if it's the best, battanian and vlandian light cavalries are very good and have access to higher armored horses. Aserai has faster horse though, so perhaps on very open maps they have advantage.
They do have, they also have Javelins on horses and a good shield on the horse, a good spear and the only thing which they have is the fact they're squishy.

The devs already have admitted that aserai has very lower winrates in siege/tdm. I have my own limited data also that I can show to prove this.

The factions perform differently on each game mode and your inability and rejection of anything but TDM and Siege is showing that you are not willing to look at the whole picture here. Aserai is for example very very strong in Skirmish right now because of the guaranteed triple spawn their infantry have, their good archer makes them perform on open maps and their cav is one of the best in the game due to the mobility. While it may not perform as strong in other game modes (you mention Vlandia being strong in Siege; I would say it's OP because of the strong eco and their relative speed)

All the points you make are true for Skirmish/Captain probably, while I am talking about the imbalances regarding TDM/Siege in which you play with a bunch of randoms and factions having obvious balancing issues is very frustrating.

1- Maneuverability is very important I admit that, but armor is more important in the game modes I am talking about. That 300 costing mamluke can die with a one hit from a crossbow or pike guy. Its basic math actually, empire and vlandia heavy cavalry have almost double armor, while costing same.

2- That speed perk is only %5 and even with that, vlandian units will run much faster (while vlandians not even picking speed perk). You are probably thinking "well they have same speed stats on class menu", but they have different weight of armors. Vlandian units have much less armor weight than aserai, so they run stupidly fast and it plays a huge role (Watch my clips if you have the time). And about pricing, vlandian unit costs 80, which basically makes them earn money each time they die and get 20 golds each time they get a kill. Again, I think you are looking from skirmish point of view.

3- Two handed naked dudes are not as many as before, since the nerf. These days you get more heavy infantry than 2handeds. (which aserai lacks also)

4- On siege/tdm, armor and %50 speed damage is better. Depending on the map, aserai jawwal is pretty good yes.

Why do you feel I am rejecting Skir/Capt modes balancing? I am only pointing out balancing is horrible for Sie/TDM modes (if it's good in skirmish, it still doesn't change this fact), and must be acknowledged, fixed. TW already separated many perks and prices of these modes from the rest, since in these modes there are many other factors are in play.

Back
Top Bottom