Users who are viewing this thread

I'm encountering an issue repeatedly throughout the game.

Occasionally I'll send a companion on a quest, but when the timer runs out, the companion does not return. When I check my clan tab to view the companion, he/she is indicated as HOLDING in all caps, somewhere in the vacinity of Alin Baliq. This seems different than the regular holding I see companions doing when we wait in a town as it's not in all caps.

The only way to get the companion back seems to be to kick them from the clan, then rehire them, wasting a large amount of gold, as their hire cost is affected by their now better equipment.

However, even rehired, they can no longer do any quests at all, or be made the head of a seperate party, as they seem to be stuck in some sort of loop where the previous quest they were sent on never gets resolved and the companion seems to be tied up in that loop.

Please let me know if there are any workarounds, as any early game where this happens really messes up my ability to earn money before I can purchase workshops or caravans.

Hello, thanks for reporting this problem. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this thread when it was first created. We believe the issue may have been resolved since the creation of this topic. If you are currently experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please update this thread so we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Hello, thanks for reporting this problem. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this thread when it was first created. We believe the issue may have been resolved since the creation of this topic. If you are currently experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please update this thread so we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.
Unfortunately, it seems like same problem occured again. I have played game more than 300 hours and never met this problem before 1.7.0 beta update. My brother seems to be stuck "HOLDING" in Marunath after I sent him to a mission.(Mission failed btw) And his wife is also lost in Marunath after I was defeated in a battle. I tried to assign them to governor or tried to create party with them, but none of them worked.
I found a solution using developer console, (Give them to an enemy lord as a prisoner with cheat command, then defeat the lord, they are released and found one of my castles, then I can use them again), But I don't want to use developer console to solve a bug inside of the game, and I don't know if it happens again, and I would have to do it all over.(I don't like to use cheats, developer console, mods etc.., I prefer to play game in native.) Please respond. (I created a ticket and uploaded save game, screenshot of the problem)

Hi! Thanks for the feedback. Could you upload your save files that are saved just before and right after this problem to upload.taleworlds.com so we can investigate this further? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, it seems like same problem occured again. I have played game more than 300 hours and never met this problem before 1.7.0 beta update. My brother seems to be stuck "HOLDING" in Marunath after I sent him to a mission.(Mission failed btw) And his wife is also lost in Marunath after I was defeated in a battle. I tried to assign them to governor or tried to create party with them, but none of them worked.
I found a solution using developer console, (Give them to an enemy lord as a prisoner with cheat command, then defeat the lord, they are released and found one of my castles, then I can use them again), But I don't want to use developer console to solve a bug inside of the game, and I don't know if it happens again, and I would have to do it all over.(I don't like to use cheats, developer console, mods etc.., I prefer to play game in native.) Please respond. (I created a ticket and uploaded save game, screenshot of the problem)
the problem still exists,

Hi! Thanks for the feedback. Could you upload your save files that are saved just before and right after this problem to upload.taleworlds.com so we can investigate this further? Thanks in advance.
all is updated as of last night and the problem still exists. So, lost a brother, I want compensation :smile: But really now I cannot send anybody on a quest. This is major, and known for a long long time, what about it?

Could you please upload your save files that are saved just before and right after this problem to upload.taleworlds.com? Please include the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can find it.
all is updated as of last night and the problem still exists. So, lost a brother, I want compensation :smile: But really now I cannot send anybody on a quest. This is major, and known for a long long time, what about it?

Forwarded it to the QA team. I'll update this thread when I hear back from them. Thanks a lot!

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom