Aserai Rebalance when?

Users who are viewing this thread

It's a meaningless discussion, aserai is the worst faction, you know it and I know it, the devs know it too.
I think that job actually goes to Sturgia. Brigand's worse than Recruit and the only purpose that the 100 cost Warrior serves is to punish players who die as a Berserker. Hunter also seems pretty unimpressive for a 120 cost archer.

I think that job actually goes to Sturgia. Brigand's worse than Recruit and the only purpose that the 100 cost Warrior serves is to punish players who die as a Berserker. Hunter also seems pretty unimpressive for a 120 cost archer.
Sturgia is fine. Decent axe damage means you don't have to take the mace and can use for another perk. Berseker is a great shock inf if not the best. Archer is bad but cav is fine. Economy is a little bit awkward

Sturgia is actually the only faction that can stop vlandia, their archer is also pretty decent, not as good as battania, but still not bad.

Empire lacks good archer, but is compensated with menavlion and heavy infantry units.

Khuzait is quite bad, but their infantry unit is not so bad, they also run slow like aserai while lacking very good cavalry to make up for it.

Aserai has the worst units in whole game, their infantry is slow, their weapons short, archers and heavy cavalry suck so bad

Sturgia is actually the only faction that can stop vlandia, their archer is also pretty decent, not as good as battania, but still not bad.

Empire lacks good archer, but is compensated with menavlion and heavy infantry units.

Khuzait is quite bad, but their infantry unit is not so bad, they also run slow like aserai while lacking very good cavalry to make up for it.

Aserai has the worst units in whole game, their infantry is slow, their weapons short, archers and heavy cavalry suck so bad
I don't know what gamemode you are refering to, but in captain mode this is all wrong. Empire and Vlandia are both lackluster due to having had their inf severly nerfed. Sturgia is either second best or tied for best with Khuzait.

Aserai is still ass tho so at least that is consistent between gamemodes.

I don't know what gamemode you are refering to, but in captain mode this is all wrong. Empire and Vlandia are both lackluster due to having had their inf severly nerfed. Sturgia is either second best or tied for best with Khuzait.

Aserai is still ass tho so at least that is consistent between gamemodes.
I am referring to Siege mode, it applies to TDM mode also I believe and for the most part also to Skirmish mode.

Can a developer reply to this thread as a sign of common courtesy ?
There will be changes to the overall faction balance. I am not gonna into details now, but aserai will recieve a buff. Not only in siege but also in skirmish and captain they have a pretty low winrate. (46%)

Dont expect them to get a Heavy Inf class all of the sudden though.

There will be changes to the overall faction balance. I am not gonna into details now, but aserai will recieve a buff. Not only in siege but also in skirmish and captain they have a pretty low winrate. (46%)

Thanks for your reply NIN3. I understand you cannot go into details about your planned future rebalance updates, but I have a question about the %46 winrate, because it doesn't seem realistic.

Are you watching the winrates for skirmish, captain seperately, or all together?
Also, do you log the winrates in siege gamemode? %46 seems very unrealistic for siege, %25 would be more like it.

Thanks for your reply NIN3. I understand you cannot go into details about your planned future rebalance updates, but I have a question about the %46 winrate, because it doesn't seem realistic.

Are you watching the winrates for skirmish, captain seperately, or all together?
Also, do you log the winrates in siege gamemode? %46 seems very unrealistic for siege, %25 would be more like it.
46% is skirmish
Its a bit lower for siege and captain but not by much.

Last edited:
Thank you mate, I am glad you notice the imbalance issues and aim to fix them.

I thought since most players dont care for aserai, you didnt really prioritise rebalancing them and had to create this thread.

I wouldn't necceserally even want them too. I like that cultures have different strengths and weaknesses. It's one of the design decisions I really love. It's just that the aspects aserai seem meant to be strong at are very weak.

Looking forward to see what changes ya'll come up with. Hoping for skirmisher fix personally :smile:

Nice!

I guess it'd be prudent to bump this thread cuz for the longest time, heavy infantry has often been the bane of Aserai in captain games, which is probably why most games I've played always had a mameluke with the bow and arrow perk. I've one suggestion that I think could help give the Aserai a decent armor counter:

Guard
Tabar, +9 Armor replaced with Quarterstaff
-A bastard polearm that's a bit shorter than the Khuzait glave, but is much faster than the Battanian and Sturgian mauls. I can't imagine it being all that much stronger than the Battanian Club, however.
Sturdy replaced with Improved Armor

Reason: Tabar has always been a useless pick since both weapon options are better and the Sturdy perk pretty much gives the same effect as Improved Armor. Meanwhile, the introduction of a faster two-handed blunt weapon should help address the issues of Aserai fighting armored opponents without really needing to rework the faction outright.

Last edited:
I have no issue with Aserai being "weaker" in the sense "can't win in a heavy infantry moshpit" as usually used on these forums. The Aserai clearly wasn't meant for that. The issue is that they should be faster and able to better manouver around the map. When picking engagements well, tribal warriors can mop the floor with enemy heavy inf. Higher mobility opens up possibilities to catch lone squads, surround enemies and kite effectively. The meta needs to shift around from F1+F3 and give "fast classes" more movement speed to fulfill their role well. This goes double for the Aserai.

Edit: Aserai light archers are pretty deadly in captain tho. They fire fast and accurately and deal decent damage.

In Captain the tribals also seem to be kind of overpowered: with the superior numbers and maces they defeat most heavy infantry and with their large shields they don't melt to archers like other light infantry.

Aserai still sukz (in siege and tdm), when should we expect you to fix their units? They run too slow and heavy cavalry is so bad(with that tiny shield, low armor and short lance), that people just stick to light cavalry.

I still think that the Guard's skills could be adjusted, considering that the Tabar is just "Bardiche but worse" and the Sturdy Perk makes Improved Armor redundant. Perhaps these changes would be welcome?

Perk 1
Improved Armor replaced with Quarterstaff -- Decently fast two-handed blunt weapon, with the option to also use it as a one-handed dedicated thrusting weapon. Damage is comparable to the one-handed Battanian Heavy Mace.

Perk 1
Sturdy replaced with Improved Armor -- Armored units now have visual feedback

Other
Cosmetic items reworked so as to have mutually exclusive torso pieces for the Guard's base stats and Improved Armor

Back
Top Bottom