Companion incompetence.

Users who are viewing this thread

I have posted this in Reddit but to no avail.

Twice I have given a fief missions to a companion (with 15/20 troops) and twice they have failed despite having 0% failure chance and twice all the troops were lost and the companion vanished. I managed to find the first but the 2nd isn't in the place they are allegedly 'holding' at (have reloaded a number of times). Is this feature borked or have I just had really bad luck?

Is it possible they had a zero success chance? I think it's not well implemented and I would just not do it. The HOLDING should eventually turn to STAYING and they may change to another location and you can access them then. When it says holding the npc is in a cooldown and can't be accessed.

Is it possible they had a zero success chance? I think it's not well implemented and I would just not do it. The HOLDING should eventually turn to STAYING and they may change to another location and you can access them then. When it says holding the npc is in a cooldown and can't be accessed.
I have a brother and companion listed as in a town, other in village, they cannot be found, NPCs no clue, no bandit bases found, not found in local villages and towns, no bandits had them captive. Any clues on this? Not in any dungeons or taverns or in games either.

I have a brother and companion listed as in a town, other in village, they cannot be found, NPCs no clue, no bandit bases found, not found in local villages and towns, no bandits had them captive. Any clues on this? Not in any dungeons or taverns or in games either.
Okay but does the clan list (left on party screen) say STAYING or HOLDING, if it says HOLDING they're not anywhere actually, just in a cool down and will eventually spawn somewhere else and it will say STAYING. If they're staying look in the tavern or keep in the UI bar, I don't know if they will go to a village like that.

Okay but does the clan list (left on party screen) say STAYING or HOLDING, if it says HOLDING they're not anywhere actually, just in a cool down and will eventually spawn somewhere else and it will say STAYING. If they're staying look in the tavern or keep in the UI bar, I don't know if they will go to a village like that.
They are holding, brother in a city but not really there, and companion in a village, but not there for 125 days, the brother longer than that. So, no way to find them? So what is the solution? Don't send anybody out because they could be unrecoverable?

Well sounds like a bug you need to report
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/singleplayer.658/
However it also looks like this type of bug has already been reported.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/companions-stuck-in-holding.449352/

Further more I think there may be some unexplained mechanic where after failing a quest (or being captured) the member is no available until you "find" them by luck when entering a fief and get a "you here your lost.... is in this town" or something like that. I think until then whatever it says in the clan menu is just a place holder. It could some other bug doing this instead of returning them to you party at quests end. It's certainly some problem but I'm not sure exactly because it's never fully explained what is supposed to happen.

I found this. In the mean time do not send anybody on quests or parties away from yours, and as always, save a lot.
Losing lots of development time and child making time for the brother, probably about 140 days. I want compensation ! :smile:

"My daughter is stuck as "holding" after losing a battle as she had her own party. It says she is in Zeonica, which is my fief, but when I got there I can not find her.

Does anyone have a fix for this? Can't assign her to a new party either. Can not assign her as a governor nor can I kick her from the clan.

EDIT:
So this is a temporary fix from a user on steam called yogurt:

"Update:

This worked for me (with Brother Nathanos being in HOLDING forever):

Enable cheat code (open “engine_config.txt” in your documents folder and look for “cheat_mode = 0” change the value to “1”) ingame by pressing ALT+ tilde and enter:

campaign.take_hero_prisoner "hero who is holding" "random enemy hero"

Chose any enemy faction hero. I entered "Nathanos" and "Ira".

After that you can find your companion (wife/family member) in a town and pick him/her up!"

You can just open the console and type config.cheat_mode 1
No need to go into documents folder. Remember to turn it off again with config.cheat_mode 0"

Back
Top Bottom