What are your must-have mods you can't play without that you'd like Taleworlds to implement into the base game?

Users who are viewing this thread

For me it's probably the PartyScreenEnhancements and the RTS camera. The first one ads just a few buttons that let you halve the time you spend in the menus doing basic stuff like upgrading troops, the other one is a dramatic improvement to battles as it allows you to both pause the game and use an RTS-type camera to observe the batttle from the sky, which in combination let you actually order troops around during battles AND fight in them at the same time without insane micromanagement.
  • Fast Dialogue
Can't understate this one enough. Like WTF do I need to stop and talk with Looters, especially every damn time? Actually why do I need to stop and talk with every enemy Lord I bump into? What's so wrong with having a menu that gives the players OPTIONS? Not interested in being polite, just attack the enemy right away. Want to parley, sure go ahead discuss current events. Or maybe you just clicked on another party by accident and you don't want to load a conversation; there you go easily avoided and saved a bunch of needless loading.

Also the new dialogue cut scenes look terrible, miss the fully rendered ones so much. Stuff like this really makes me question TW's development. Everything like immersion or convenience always gets sacrificed to always "eh make it work, sort of"

Bad (nice trees huh?):
BGuGbrU.jpg

Good (isn't it amazing I can just attack?):
tXVH4iI.jpg

To put it simply: "Just let me kill people dammit!" - Rex Power Colt

• Realistic Battle Mod

Armor in the base in game is terrible. It either provides virtually no protection or makes you nigh immune to low damage output, once you get it high enough. The way protection works need to be seriously re-worked. RBM isn't perfect, but it's a much more enjoyable experience if for no other reason than battles aren't over in 30 seconds. Everything dies so fast in the base game that if you get distracted for even a few seconds, an entire 100+ man formation gets wiped out.

Battles need to last longer, especially when it comes to armored infantry. Obviously Looters should fall pretty easily, but when it's armored infantry like Legionaries vs Vlandian Sergeants - that should be a slow slugging match that lasts a few minutes.

Armor has to be worth something. The weight and cost are rarely ever that beneficial.

• Party Screen Enhancements

Just let us sort units, it's ridiculous nothing like this is in the base game yet. All you really need is like 3 filters Culture, Tier, and Type. That alone would be something.

• RTS Camera

Having an additional "eagle perspective" zoomed out camera mode would be nice. Also it's damn near impossible to see unit pips in the dark, is it asking too much for a color the player can see? Outlines are also very nice - especially in forests.

But perhaps the most important? The ability to have your formation attack another formation specifically. This just such another no-brainer that should be in base game. And yet we have useless formation commands like "Column" which probably no one ever uses. I feel like the people who make this game don't even play it. But nope just F1 + F3 and watch your units just spread out in the most idiotic manner.

• Party AI and Overhaul Commands

Once again; is it really asking that much to have some control over Parties? Why can't I just have a Party patrol a specific fief to keep it safe from Raids, etc. ? Or why can't we give Armies orders as a Faction Leader to again attack/defend a particular Castle/Town?

• Party AI and Overhaul Commands

Once again; is it really asking that much to have some control over Parties? Why can't I just have a Party patrol a specific fief to keep it safe from Raids, etc. ? Or why can't we give Armies orders as a Faction Leader to again attack/defend a particular Castle/Town?

Has this one been updated for 1.7.0/e1.7.1?
I just looked at the Nexus page and it looks quite good.

- Diplomacy
- Party AI and Overhaul Commands
- Spear Rework
- something about garrisons
- Kaoses Tweaks (more xp for troops, arena and companions, higher bets at tournaments and higher workshop income)
- RTS camera (control ally after death and ability to attack a certain formation)
- Detailed Character Creation (I like the ability to edit companions)
- Character Manager (some companions need a shift in skills)
- RBM AI module
- own changes to ranged weapons

To RBM combat module I have my doubts. It has great features but in my opinion it makes armor too strong compared to the unrealistic high amount of well armored troops in the game. Swords are partly useless, maces are king, which is drastically contrary to what we see in the usual armament of comparable early medieval historical times. So, RBM combat module for me makes the game too much "plate armory", so to say. However, I did not test the latest versions because I liked to use Calradia Expanded Kingdoms and/or Eagle Rising, so maybe I should try it out again.

Last edited:
To RBM combat module I have my doubts. It has great features but in my opinion it makes armor too strong compared to the unrealistic high amount of well armored troops in the game. Swords are partly useless, maces are king, which is drastically contrary to what we see in the usual armament of comparable early medieval historical times. So, RBM combat module for me makes the game too much "plate armory", so to say.
Its an interesting experience for one playthru, that's a fact.

But I agree with you that it makes a lot of game mechanics redundant and unbalanced.

Leveling bows/crossbows is ridiculous, swords are pretty useless (in before someone comments that "YES, BUT WHEN U HAVE 200 SKILL ITS FINE!) and everyone is using super long polearms and op maces.

I like longer combat and meaningful armors, but it has gone too much into the realm of realism (and not without bugs since, let's be serious, a few modders won't create anything balanced when compared to a pro-development team).

Also, it has a weird troop overhaul built-in (with culturally different and weird armor pieces for factions just for the sake of math) and messes with pricing a lot and thus makes smithing and game economy unbalanced (no to mention that you can buy best and loot the best armor in the game in like first few hours of the game, thus making loot and progressing boring).

All in all, its a good mod for LARPers and history geeks, but in the end - I would like to see a proper armor re-balance from TW.

I early dev video's there was images the characters getting older and greying gaining weight . i Would like to see this more prominent in game plus muscle growth should be determined by strength stat. I had a character who reached 86 before i started a new campaign and he didn't look that much different from when he was in his 30's.

It would not be vastly improved, only according to a group of people. But it would remove RP elements of choosing which weapons you can play with, which is bad.

Besides, I doubt TW will implement it fully, as it would ruin gameplay for some. So tough luck, eh lads?

What weapons would be removed? That makes no sense whatsoever - there are NO RP elements being removed in RBM. If RBM is added in, you can play with all weapons currently available. No quests or other RP elements have been removed. The only thing that would change are the stat values of the weapons to better reflect real world battle and the equipment loadouts of some troops.

How would the game even be ruined for you with RBM? Again, nothing is being removed. No RP elements are being deleted. Judging by the number of posters here, the game would be enhanced for a lot more people than ruined. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

They don't have to implement the specific mod, but the base game needs to be rebalanced. The stats are way off to the point where an enjoyable experience is difficult, especially when certain classes (particularly archers) are unbalanced to the point where the best armies stack archers (and horse archers).

They probably do, but when you're one-hitting with a mace, why does it matter if you can one-hit even harder with a sword? The only appreciable difference is swing-speed

Maces also suffer from shorter reach. That's a big flaw, especially on horse.

All in all, its a good mod for LARPers and history geeks, but in the end - I would like to see a proper armor re-balance from TW.

I'd agree that the developers themselves need to balance it. RBM is basically - the best that can be done by the modding team given the constraints they face.

At the end of the day, the major problem here is that the base game is horrendously unbalanced in terms of weapons and stats.

If the developers do address it, they have a lot ability to customize the base game and could do a more extensive series of changes than RBM.

Armor in the base in game is terrible. It either provides virtually no protection or makes you nigh immune to low damage output, once you get it high enough. The way protection works need to be seriously re-worked. RBM isn't perfect, but it's a much more enjoyable experience if for no other reason than battles aren't over in 30 seconds. Everything dies so fast in the base game that if you get distracted for even a few seconds, an entire 100+ man formation gets wiped out.

Battles need to last longer, especially when it comes to armored infantry. Obviously Looters should fall pretty easily, but when it's armored infantry like Legionaries vs Vlandian Sergeants - that should be a slow slugging match that lasts a few minutes.

Armor has to be worth something. The weight and cost are rarely ever that beneficial.

Yep - pretty much what most people are saying here.

The other reason why the longer battles are interesting is because it allows for tactical decisions. If troops die very rapidly upon contact (or even before contact), it makes it so that the player has less time for tactics. The 75% slowdown on orders doesn't really address this - it is nice to have, but it does address that troops die very quickly when it melee range (and often before because of the overpowered nature of archers) because the time between orders is unrealistically short.

Addressing the archer issue would also likely make the "Khuzait are OP" comments go away as well.

Last edited:
- Diplomacy
- Party AI and Overhaul Commands
- Spear Rework
- something about garrisons
- Kaoses Tweaks (more xp for troops, arena and companions, higher bets at tournaments and higher workshop income)
- RTS camera (control ally after death and ability to attack a certain formation)
- Detailed Character Creation (I like the ability to edit companions)
- Character Manager (some companions need a shift in skills)
- RBM AI module
- own changes to ranged weapons

To RBM combat module I have my doubts. It has great features but in my opinion it makes armor too strong compared to the unrealistic high amount of well armored troops in the game. Swords are partly useless, maces are king, which is drastically contrary to what we see in the usual armament of comparable early medieval historical times. So, RBM combat module for me makes the game too much "plate armory", so to say. However, I did not test the latest versions because I liked to use Calradia Expanded Kingdoms and/or Eagle Rising, so maybe I should try it out again.
I use RBM together with DRM which makes the overall armor rate lower. Together I feel it is more authentic and makes progression more fun and rewarding

RBM + DRM sounds promising, indeed. I installed RBM combat module yesterday, but I find especially tournaments and arena terrible. One javelin pulverizes a shield in the arena, what? Swords are almost useless on the other hand. Is there a special tournament weapon (blunt damage) patch for RBM, like in earlier versions?

• Party Screen Enhancements
I don´t get why TW doesn´t add this mod into the game. It´s just a very big QOL improvement with zero effect on the actual gameplay/balance.

Can´t be that hard to just copy that mod for TW and I´m pretty sure nobody would be mad about this change compared to the vanilla options in the troop screen....

It would not be vastly improved, only according to a group of people. But it would remove RP elements of choosing which weapons you can play with, which is bad.

Besides, I doubt TW will implement it fully, as it would ruin gameplay for some. So tough luck, eh lads?
Roleplaying doesn't mean "I can use all the weapons in the game and expect exactly the same result every time", quite the contrary, actually.
Having to choose your weapon depending on the situation IS roleplaying.
Then we shouldn't implement it, since most have not downloaded that mod
Yeah, mods are never downloaded my the majority of players who bought a game, ever, especially a recent one and without the steam workshop.
That's pretty much a given, and I would add that many people who bought the game don't even play it.

And, I should add (I know, double post, sorry), no one wants the RBM mod to be bluntly integrated without any change, but we want the devs to take heavy inspiration from the design of RBM in the way combat and AI work.

RBM + DRM sounds promising, indeed. I installed RBM combat module yesterday, but I find especially tournaments and arena terrible. One javelin pulverizes a shield in the arena, what? Swords are almost useless on the other hand. Is there a special tournament weapon (blunt damage) patch for RBM, like in earlier versions?
Yes there is, go to main game menu, RBM coombat module and enable unit overhaul, dont worry it will not affect DRM in any way but it will change gear of vanilla units and gear in arenas, alternativelly you can use fair tournament mod.

Are spears actually useful in RBM? I've always avoided using pikemen in vanilla because they always get destroyed by everyone else and their usefulness against calvary has always been iffy for me so I don't even bother getting them.

Are spears actually useful in RBM? I've always avoided using pikemen in vanilla because they always get destroyed by everyone else and their usefulness against calvary has always been iffy for me so I don't even bother getting them.
they pretty good yeah, overhead strike for long range, lower strike for short range

Drastic battle actually has a better approach - they are not changing weapon and armor values, but the formula how damage is calculated. I see TW doing balancing in this way rather than changing item values. In theory it's more efficient.
Like if you have a plate armor, you get automatic arrow damage reduction by x % depending on armor tier, protection value.

I don´t get why TW doesn´t add this mod into the game. It´s just a very big QOL improvement with zero effect on the actual gameplay/balance.

Can´t be that hard to just copy that mod for TW and I´m pretty sure nobody would be mad about this change compared to the vanilla options in the troop screen....
Taleworlds games are synonyms with terrible QoL. Think about how many buttons presses it took to switch weapons on companions or upgrade troops in Warband, or to do just about anything for that matter. While Bannerlord's QoL is vastly improved I just don't think real QoL requests are something Taleworlds is interested in making. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, I feel a large number of TW devs have little to no experience with rpgs.

Back
Top Bottom