Could a "zombie infection" mode work for Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

flashn00b

Sergeant at Arms
Okay, maybe that's not the most accurate thread name that I could come up with but i was thinking more about a "mechanics" perspective. On an actual presentation perspective, it could just be a peasant revolt, where you'd have the standard 300 gold that you'd spawn with in Skirmish mode, but with some huge differences:

Game rules
  • Culture votes on map change will decide who the "Nobility" culture will be. Peasant team will always be Vlandia with a single playable unit: The Peasant Levy
  • At the start of each round, a small portion of the player list will spawn on the Peasants team (players can volunteer to be the starting peasants with an opt-in button prompt)
  • If a member of the nobility lacks the gold to even respawn as a peasant unit, they will be moved to the Peasants team, while the Peasants themselves have infinite respawns
  • Unsure how gold rewards would work, since I feel like players should be able to in some capacity, slow the rate of how much gold they lose per respawn but should never be able to farm enough kills to break even with their heavy infantry spawn
The Peasants
  • As i mentioned earlier in the thread, the Vlandian Peasant Levy would be the only playable unit to the peasants, though this will be a mode-specific variation, with the following modifications
  • Always has the Improved Armor from standard game modes, though their available equipment will not be from standard gameplay Okay, this idea probably won't work since a Peasant Levy in the Nobility would most likely be at a disadvantage against the infinitely respawning peasants
  • Rather than spawning with the default sickle, their weapon is instead selected at random
    • Weapon 1
      • Pugio
      • Khuzait Sickle
      • Metal Hammer
      • Woodsplitter Axe
    • Weapon 2
      • Sling (20)
      • Metal Pitchfork
      • Woodland Hunting Bow + Bent Arrow (10)*
*this is mostly to prevent all-archer teams from staving off the angry mob indefinitely

To those unfamiliar, my suggestion is essentially making something similar to Call of Duty: World At War's ZombieX mod, though reframed to better fit the context of a medieval combat game.

Last edited:
Napoleonic wars had a server that ran something similar to this, it was quite fun. I could see it working with the crossbow classes in native. The palatine guard would work perfectly with this and when you die you are sent to the other team to become a peasant

Invasion Mode?
Well, no. Invasion in Warband was a purely PVE experience. What i'm proposing is still PVP, with one team of players effectively being "The Infected" (Peasants) and their goal is to kill players from the other team in order to force them to respawn as an infected player.

Well, no. Invasion in Warband was a purely PVE experience. What i'm proposing is still PVP, with one team of players effectively being "The Infected" (Peasants) and their goal is to kill players from the other team in order to force them to respawn as an infected player.
Kind of like MW2/MW3 infected right?

I thought I saw zombie mods for warband. Would be cool to see for bannerlord with custom troops etc. Even multiplayer with custom zombie skins or a captain mode with something like this would be nice even.

Back
Top Bottom