[Video test-Debate-Poll] Bot Idle animations in closed-order formation.

Do you think this kind of animations needs more love?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

No mod, just feedback for debating.
giphy.gif
R.88fd0fd8da1f5bdc11fa30af44662d8b
:ROFLMAO:

Just tweaks to the native code? Main thing I want is just for spears to be held upright when marching or standing still.
Basically, you can switch animations by modifying lines of code in the xml documents. However with C# you could change this and other behaviours in specific situations and get a higher quality in this way.

Basically, you can switch animations by modifying lines of code in the xml documents. However with C# you could change this and other behaviours in specific situations and get a higher quality in this way.
I see, which xml documents would those be?
Or which .dll (?) with C#? If it's too much to explain don't worry.

Mainly it's all in Modules\Native\ModuleData\action_sets.xml and the behaviours in (iirc) TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.dll. Then if you want to go deeper, go to the discord moddig channel TW and there you will surely find people who can give you better guidelines than I can give you.

Mainly it's all in Modules\Native\ModuleData\action_sets.xml and the behaviours in (iirc) TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.dll. Then if you want to go deeper, go to the discord moddig channel TW and there you will surely find people who can give you better guidelines than I can give you.
What changes in action_sets are needed to make troops hold polearms upright as Julio-Claudian asked? I don't like repeating the question but I've been at it for a few days now with nothing but wordpad and no success.

Edit: As the laws of the universe will have it, I figured out how to get pikes held upright within a few hours of posting this. I am still trying to figure out of way of having one-handed polearms do the same.

Last edited:
well, i managed to change the idle animations time ago, would be cool if someone make it with more love than my chunky tweak, adding more variety and naturallity for the spear idle animations at least, i used the guard idle animation (the idle animation of guards in town) but seems too relaxed to me, you **** yourself in a battlefield and adopt a nervoius posture hoping to not being crushed with a looter´s stone in your head

at first was a pain to figure where paste the lines but when you get it becomes fine and you become to do crazy stuff with the peasants animations ?️‍?

Last edited:
What changes in action_sets are needed to make troops hold polearms upright as Julio-Claudian asked? I don't like repeating the question but I've been at it for a few days now with nothing but wordpad and no success.

Edit: As the laws of the universe will have it, I figured out how to get pikes held upright within a few hours of posting this. I am still trying to figure out of way of having one-handed polearms do the same.

well, i managed to change the idle animations time ago, would be cool if someone make it with more love than my chunky tweak, adding more variety and naturallity for the spear idle animations at least, i used the guard idle animation (the idle animation of guards in town) but seems too relaxed to me, you **** yourself in a battlefield and adopt a nervoius posture hoping to not being crushed with a looter´s stone in your head

at first was a pain to figure where paste the lines but when you get it becomes fine and you become to do crazy stuff with the peasants animations ?️‍?

Do you remember which lines you guys edited, and which animations you used specifically?

Back
Top Bottom