Mod stalemated my campaign. Less warlike factions? And general 1.7.0 talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lucius Confucius

LeastBlunted
Sergeant
So I'm playing 1.7.0, with mods this time, which is a lot of fun. One mod is the more income mod. I adjusted the numbers to give five times the normal taxes. This had the side effect of making every garrison as strong as it can be. Which in turn made it extremely difficult for everyone to lose fiefs, except Sturgia. It's been around 8 years now and not a single fief has exchanged hands between the AI factions, except Sturgia. (Who lost their fiefs to Western Empire that I obliterated, lol, RIP Sturgia stronk.)

Only my player kingdom has managed to upset the balance by wiping out the western Empire and taking some fiefs from Vlandia, Aserai, Battania, Northern and Southern Empire. Mostly thanks to a cheated starting condition where I spawned in the wealth and influence from my previous non-cheat campaign.
Do you think the situation will solve itself once all the clans are rank 6 and can field larger armies to take on these new super garrisons? I mean.. a city has a thousand troops. I could perhaps limit the mod again.

Another point; the factions seem far less warlike than in previous updates. Is this normal for everyone or is it perhaps because of the super garrisons? Each faction seem to only want to be in a single war at a time, and never fight on multiple fronts like before. Anyone else got this in 1.7.0?

Also, just wanted to say how much I love playing the new update. With the order of battle system I have assigned a companion to a small 20 unit armored personal bodyguard that follows me everywhere on the battlefield. It's so much fun, great improvements overall. I find myself needing fewer and fewer mods to enjoy the game. Now all we need is custom troops and banners. Anyone else feels the same?

Last edited:
Do you think the situation will solve itself once all the clans are rank 6 and can field larger armies to take on these new super garrisons?
Nope.
I think you need to cheat the party limit size limits, party number per clan nad influence gain and food consumption rate too if you want them to be able to take large expensive garrisons. They just know the power value of fiefs and know it's too much to auto calc through so they're not gonna. As the player you could just do it anyways and use good tactics to wear down the garrison, even starve it and destroy fortifications, but that's not something the AI will do.
Even then because TW didn't set it up that may, I'd be skeptical if just increasing thier party sizes and stuff would make them competent against oversized garrisons without the player carry.

Yeah even with way bigger parties there won't be as many successful AI sieges. Although if you allow big enough parties the Ai will prioritize filling those rather than their garrisons (in my experience) so it could balance out but it could also lead to fewer AI armies being formed because of the 40% party size requirement.

In my case , Battania is going in a 2front war very much always. Its always Vlandia/sturgia vs them or Empire/sturgia vs them. Everything else seems to be just like in previous updates, Total war on all sides.

It seems that the total war has ceased to be a huge thing. There are still situations where your faction loses a big battle, and the big loss in strength score causes other factions to declare war on them even though they have another front, which does create a tough situation for the player to solve, but other than that I'd say it's almost reasonable now

For me the total war was fun.

I lowered the income mod again, and garrisons are back to normal. Now my faction has taken over quiet a lot of territory, so I'm fighting multiple front wars. Having a blast.

Does anyone know when you or your spouse becomes infertile? I've had four duagthers but no sons, been trying to make a son for a few years now without success. I'm around 30, my wife is around 29. She should be able to pump out a few more kids right? Or is there a limit?

Another point; the factions seem far less warlike than in previous updates. Is this normal for everyone or is it perhaps because of the super garrisons? Each faction seem to only want to be in a single war at a time, and never fight on multiple fronts like before. Anyone else got this in 1.7.0?

From a game 'ethos' perspective... Is this another balancing thing?

My feeling is that the goal for the game is for it to plod along with relatively little change to nations over extended years - that they chip away at each other on the edges, but rarely ever conquer each other. This canvas provides the setting for the player to be the one who comes along an sets in motion events that change the world. The player takes those 2 extra cities that enable a kingdom to have an advantage that gets them going. Or the player takes cities for themselves or switches sides that upset the balance of power.

A lot of work has gone into stabilising the world. This has been done for a reason. I think that's to establish the player's journey as the bringer of change.

I guess factions were meant to just chip away at each other since most of them still exist 200 years later in warband. Only the empire and battanians seem to be non existent.

45. After 3 or 4 kids it becomes a chore to make more with the same woman. I managed to get 10 one game but it was really obnoxious. If your wife happens to die and you re-marry a woman with no kids, you don't carry over the %decrease from your old wives' kids.
Alright, thanks for the answer, Ananda!

@Antaeus and @Ongay1
Does make sense. And in that case, I like it. Prolongs the campaign so that you can enjoy the dynastic gameplay a bit. Just waiting for civil wars then.

Yeah Legionaries no longer have the Pilum , Veteran infantrymen still do though. You seem to be trading Pilum for Heavier armor when you upgrade them now.

I reported it in the bug thread about it still being an issue in 1.7.0
Link:
There i explained that if they have projecitles to throw they will throw all of them. But it seems like what Ananda said was right, you can't use the pilum's alternate throw mode, even though it says it has one in the inventory description.

How do your clan survive if you only had daughters?

By the time my character dies at around age 60-70 my youngest daughter will be around 40 years of age and will likely not be able to have children. If I pick someone she should marry, she will marry into their clan, so I can not arrange an early marriage. I will need to marry when I get to play as her.

Or will I be able to play as a companion?

Any help please?

I think if your main character is a female , she will not get married off to a different clan , the male partner will join your clan instead. Now any other females in your clan that are not playable will get married out to the other clans , feels weird, i kinda wanted to join another clan and see how my old one manages without me.

Back
Top Bottom