What Happened with Groups?

Users who are viewing this thread

What happened to being able to create groups of soldiers? How do you do create a bodyguard of family members now? How do I get rid of this change? If I don't want my archers fodder for cavalry by mixing in a few spearman, how do I do that? Add to that the command "pause" is very distracting and reduces the level of immersion. It is something I have always disliked. Kingdom Come is a great game but the slow motion that jumps into the middle of a fight is a complete atmosphere killer.

Last edited:
You can disable the slow motion in options. As for mixing archers with spearmen in order of battle: Just place both of them together and keep them close when giving orders. You have to think critically and creative, use strategies. Because otherwise you might as well disable death or straight up cheat.

You can disable the slow motion in options. As for mixing archers with spearmen in order of battle: Just place both of them together and keep them close when giving orders. You have to think critically and creative, use strategies. Because otherwise you might as well disable death or straight up cheat.
There are some good qualities in the new interface and ways to "get around" the drawbacks, but to me the increased workload for every stinking battle is not worth it.

The new interface is nice. I think companions really are better used as division commanders than bodyguards. Slow motion is also OK.

This is my MAIN problem with this SCREWED up new system. Try as I may I can't make a whole unit of Heavy cavalry without the FREAKING system throwing in missile cavalry. Don't matter if you LOCK the category so only heavy cavalry are put into it. The system still mixes in missile troops ! I don't like the NEW system because you CAN'T control your units make up.

You shills can sing all the praises you want for this FIASCO of an update. BUT IT STILL SUCKS. Bring back the old system that WORKED !!!!!!!

Here is another issue, when you do the "training recruits" quests it is not much of a quest if you just stick them into the army and forget about them. With the other system you could make them their own group and actually do something with them.

Here is another issue, when you do the "training recruits" quests it is not much of a quest if you just stick them into the army and forget about them. With the other system you could make them their own group and actually do something with them.
I only like three things about Order-of-Battle

1. Pre-Deployment (pretty sure could have had this before)
2. Ammo Counter
3. Accurate Group Morale

Otherwise it's really not that great. Commanders often don't get assigned "properly" if they are mounted i.e. (My Infantry & Archer commanders are lost)
moChJ7m.jpg

Worse is you can actually kill troops by moving them off heights, etc. I've also had characters start moving out of the zone before deployment is over (like WTF). It's really not much of an improvement, more just another buzzword thing to create "game hype", though not sure who gets hyped for Bannerlord anymore.

Losing the ability to create true custom groups is just dumb, that was literally one of the better features of the game. I mean really what is the point of the Party Screen now? It's a pure clunky nuisance now.

Partially agree with the author of the post. On the one hand, the new system is cool, convenient and timely. But she has serious shortcomings. For example, in the new system, it is impossible to single out spearmen or pikemen into one group. Separate Battania elite archers from other archers or skirmishers. You cannot assign a role to a companion: if a companion is on a horse, he will join an infantry group in battle, unless he is appointed as a cavalry or mounted archer sergeant. You can't separate shock troops from shield bearers.
And at the moment, when hiring companions, it became necessary to look at their skills in order to understand whether they would be useful in the squad as sergeants or not. Previously, there was no such need.

I want the old system back. The only two good features of the new system are the ability to position your troops before battle (which is nice, but not that important) and the ability to assign commanders (nice, but not that important). I think both could have been easily achieved with the old system, too. The rest of the new system is totally annoying, you lose so much control over your units.

Back
Top Bottom