[With Polls] Start listening to the community rather than just putting devs who doesn't even play the game in charge to make decisions!

Which changes do you support?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate behavior
Maybe someday you will grow up to understand the meaning of the captain mod, lad. In the meantime, I advise you to calm down your toxicity towards other members of the gaming community,
Yes, because captain mode requires 1000 iq and a lot of skill that only a few selected people are only capable of :fruity::fruity::fruity::fruity::fruity:

Yes, because captain mode requires 1000 iq and a lot of skill that only a few selected people are only capable of :fruity::fruity::fruity::fruity::fruity:
Was mostly thinking on a Skirmish perspective regarding Recruit being bad. You can get away with playing as a peasant unit in other factions, and the problem of having a bad peasant unit is that it discourages the usage of heavy cavalry since spawning as a Cataphract forces you to play with one life and if you die, you're better off hitting the "Forfeit spawning" button than to waste your last 100 gold as a recruit.

Was mostly thinking on a Skirmish perspective regarding Recruit being bad. You can get away with playing as a peasant unit in other factions, and the problem of having a bad peasant unit is that it discourages the usage of heavy cavalry since spawning as a Cataphract forces you to play with one life and if you die, you're better off hitting the "Forfeit spawning" button than to waste your last 100 gold as a recruit.
Recruit is pretty decent?
It's better than rabble, sturgian warrior, and vlandian peasant. It has javs and a decent sword.

The fact we are even still talking about captain and skirmish mode after literal years of people **** talking and bashing it, it being near universally despised by the community and these pathetic gamemodes driving the lifeblood of the game into the ground just speaks volumes. It still boggles my mind how after literally tens of thousands of people, a solid majority of the multiplayer community, have told them we are not playing this ****, stop forcing something we don't want, give us private servers and let us enjoy the game, they continue to dig their heads into the sand and say "you aren't having fun properly!!!1!!1!"

Recruit is pretty decent?
It's better than rabble, sturgian warrior, and vlandian peasant. It has javs and a decent sword.
Rabble with the sickle/shield is actually more dangerous than the Recruit, I find. Sturgian Warrior also got some pretty decent buffs and you probably haven't been whacked on the head by the Peasant Levy's hammer enough times to know how that overlooking them is often a fatal mistake.

Forums after 1.7.0 have been ripe with criticism of the current direction of mp, and justly so. It has been almost 2 years since launch and we are not anywhere near where the game needs to be in terms of content or stability. Some communication would be nice about how they intend to fix the game.

1.5 was my favorite patch, although I get why they changed somethings from then. It felt like that game version was ready to take out of early access, but instead of making it better from then it no longer feels like a complete system. The loot mechanic has to be a practical joke of some sort. How does this get prioritized greater than a one life mode or reliable servers?

I have no idea what the current direction of the game is. It is impossible to have an active clan in NA with the amount of game content there is and the only thing reliable being server crashes. Game devs really need to step it up or else the multiplayer will lose all of its players. I know the one forum manager told us to vote with our feet. Dumb. We like your game, we are on your forum caring about your game. And you tell us to bug off essentially.

All of this is rather frustrating for people who have spent much time in your game. You should want to hold onto those people with how pitiful the mp scene is, especially in NA. Make us happy and communicate at the very least.

Absurd that after 2 years of the game being out, and a decade of development. How hard is it to develop a multiplayer system?
Step 1: Hire interns with minimal knowledge and experience, nothing wrong with that, as long as you have some veterans who can teach them.
Step 2: You realize interns are all you got. In turn, after a long development phase, the end result is, well, disappointing.
Step 3: Hire "Community Managers" who think their only job now is to post patch notes, before the EA launch their job was to create "hype" even tho it was based on false marketing nonsense like "Advanced AI" or "Advanced Diplomacy". They won't touch the game themselves but will make all the decisions without considering any of the feedback from the community, these decisions will end up hurting the experience of the majority.
Step 4: Create forum accounts to challenge those who criticize the game and how it is managed.
Step 5: You still profit even tho a vast majority of your playerbase is unhappy.
Step 6: You still profit so you will keep doing the same crap until your next "sci-fi" game comes along and sales are not that great this time, apparently leaving a bitter taste in your playerbase affects sales(!), so you downsize and continue with less interns.
Step 7: Who cares because now you are rich.

it looked like an adequate response to someone's absurd proposal to fire the developers now
Tbh, Orion have locked topics where people voiced their dissatisfaction with the game based on an excuse some trolls derailed the topic and the thread "ran its' course". I don't buy his act. If some people try to derail a topic, you delete their posts and maybe mute them for a while, locking the thread is not justified in that case at all.

And I'ld encourage our "Community Managers" to give the job to someone else who would do it justice. I think Community Managers who dictate their opinions on the game without any experience is more absurd. When was the last time any of us saw a TW badge in Captain mode?

Last edited:
it looked like an adequate response to someone's absurd proposal to fire the developers now
From the perspective of company outreach, the comment is absurd. Sure, leaving might be what people do when they do not like a game, but that does not mean you should encourage it. The best way to address situations like that is to lock the thread and not say anything at all. If pressed, say the thread was not constructive.

If you continually do a bad job at making the game fully fledged, it is the customers right to ask for change. Sure you could go about it more politely, but unlike TW this is not our job or product. This post sums it up well:
Sure, this poll is ridiculous. But it's an accurate reflection of the current state of Bannerlord and its community. I mean, the condition of BL multiplayer is just bizarre at this point. How's it even possible that 10 years into development you get still critical bugs like the Skirmish and Captain mode having only one server up at a time?

It's like, less features are working now than they did 2 years ago when EA started. And all this is happening in 2022, when game companies are setting up servers to host millions of players. Meanwhile we're lucky if TW servers will still be able to support this shoddy community of a few hundreds of players after the latest patch.

Servers just crashed right now. When this happens at this time (when most people are playing) the number of players usually decreases by half because people are exhausted to play a game which crashes every 2 sieges. Well done TW!

Servers just crashed right now. When this happens at this time (when most people are playing) the number of players usually decreases by half because people are exhausted to play a game which crashes every 2 sieges. Well done TW!
Played 5 sieges last night, 3 crashes. Server even managed to crash on a duel with 2 people on the server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom