Vlandia Rebalance When?

Users who are viewing this thread

Vlandia is kinda ****y ngl, I can talk about how they underperform in captain mode, Their crossbow units are the worse in the game, They have the range yes but... they are so slow reloading the damn corssbow that they get rekt by all the archer classes form the other faction... their sergeant get obliterated by sturgia/battania/khuzait and even aserai... the only good thing is their heavy cav.

Double-post because while the Sharpshooter's an OP death machine, I can't say i'm confident about the Peasant Levy's weapon selection, and this is mainly due to Farmer just being a "4 teh m33mz" perk rather than actually being viable for serious play. I still think this is the best way for TaleWorlds to approach farming tools as weapons:

Perk 1
Pickaxe replaced with Scythe
- Swinging speed increased from 71 to 84
- Damage decreased from 71 to 65

Significantly increasing the speed of the Scythe might make 71 damage a bit too good, and I've never really found the pickaxe to be all that impressive considering the hammer's speed and blunt damage and Improved Armor's added survivability (the sickle's still a pretty solid 1h weapon too). Having a medium-speed two-handed weapon should still fulfill the purposes of making life difficult for shield users while also making the sacrificing of armor worthwhile.

Perk 2
Farmer replaced with Metal Pitchfork
- Reverted to its pre-1.6.1 stats (184 reach, i forgot how much damage it used to do but i remember it being A LOT, especially on horseback)

As i've mentioned before, the Farmer perk just comes off to me as a "4 teh m33mz" loadout considering how bad all the farming tools are. I think we need to bring back the original horse-stabbing/horse stealing tool of the Peasant Levy.

Last edited:
Regarding the Sergeant having the two-handed sword, it's apparent to me that it's very much possible to be a 54 armor shock trooper. Depending on faction matchup, this could be potentially game breaking (One sergeant spawns with mace/spear to deal with enemy cav, another sergeant spawns with armor/2h sword to deal with peasants/other shock troops)

I imagine the ideal Skirmish play would be the following:

Sergeant - Improved Armor/Two Handed Sword
Sergeant - Mace/Cavalry Breaker
Voulgier - Voulge/Improved Armor (Moloch is also acceptable)
Vanguard - Agile Horse/Cavalry Spear
Sharpshooter - Faster Crossbow/Replenished

Regarding the Sergeant having the two-handed sword, it's apparent to me that it's very much possible to be a 54 armor shock trooper. Depending on faction matchup, this could be potentially game breaking (One sergeant spawns with mace/spear to deal with enemy cav, another sergeant spawns with armor/2h sword to deal with peasants/other shock troops)

I imagine the ideal Skirmish play would be the following:

Sergeant - Improved Armor/Two Handed Sword
Sergeant - Mace/Cavalry Breaker
Voulgier - Voulge/Improved Armor (Moloch is also acceptable)
Vanguard - Agile Horse/Cavalry Spear
Vlandia is fine as it is. Stop making up new classes out thin air.

I guess you are talking about TDM and siege. Those gamemodes are inherently hard to balancebecause of the sheer mass of casual players who dont know left from right. Even one good skirmish player can make a difference in either gamemode with any faction.

There are many types of gamers. From what I have gathered, Bannerlord (and other competitive MP games in general) consist of mainly 5 types:

Type A: The player who hit the auto-pick team button upon joining.

Type B: The player who wait and see what team the good players/clans will join and then she join the same team.

Type C: The player who only play a certain faction/side/color - mostly due to the aestical properties of that faction/side/color.

Type D: The player who only play a certain faction/side/color - due to the current meta.

Type E: The player who seek groups to play with in order to gain an advantage/"have fun", rarely plays solo.

Ill let the reader decide how big procentage of each type Bannerlord has.
Assuming every type is equally skilled, only type A isnt subject to autobalancing because she is obviously balancing herself. All the other types will unbalance (not necessarily in a positive way) a given competitive MP game.

Last edited:
There are many types of gamers. From what I have gathered, Bannerlord (and other competitive MP games in general) consist of mainly 5 types:

The player who hit the auto-pick team button upon joining.

The player who wait and see what team the good players/clans will join and then she join the same team.

The player who only play a certain faction/side/color - mostly due to the aestical properties of that faction/side/color.

The player who only play a certain faction/side/color - due to the current meta.

The player who seek groups to play with in order to gain an advantage/"have fun", rarely plays solo.
I always choose attackers, Siege is pretty much the only game mode I play.

^
This is actually a very real thing.

Numerous studies have shown that humans have a natural affinity for the color Red.
This is true. Maybe has something to do with the color of blood. Or maybe strawberries ?
The red color of Vlandia wasnt what I was thinking about though, more the fact that Vlandia is the most knightish faction and many players like knights, myself included. The fact that its red knights helps a ton too I guess.

I like red as well!
??

nrm_1423586819-lips_feature.jpg

F40_Ferrari_20090509.jpg

Vlandia is fine as it is. Stop making up new classes out thin air.

I guess you are talking about TDM and siege. Those gamemodes are inherently hard to balancebecause of the sheer mass of casual players who dont know left from right. Even one good skirmish player can make a difference in either gamemode with any faction.
I'm pretty sure that sergeants with Improved Armor/2H Sword is still a force to be reckoned with. I don't think you read my mentioning on how two sergeants in a Skirmish game (Mace/Spear, Armor/2H Sword) have enough power to carry slightly underperforming teams.

I'm pretty sure that sergeants with Improved Armor/2H Sword is still a force to be reckoned with. I don't think you read my mentioning on how two sergeants in a Skirmish game (Mace/Spear, Armor/2H Sword) have enough power to carry slightly underperforming teams.
I read it. I am telling you that noone is playing 2h Sergeant in a skirmish game, where people know how to play.

Vlandia is even slightly underperforming in the HINQ matchmaking.

Vlandia is weakest faction in Skirmish. And not as OP in TDM. I don't think people without experience in the game should even post stuff like that.

Vlandia is the weakest faction in skirmish and bottom two with Empire in captain, it's not a problem. Servers are going on what, the sixth day now of not working for skirm/captain, so everyone is playing the casual gamemodes like seige where it gets picked all the time because it's exceptionally noob friendly there to spam 2H with no team damage, xbows are great for defense, looter peasant affords easy cav, etc.

Vlandia is the weakest faction in skirmish and bottom two with Empire in captain, it's not a problem. Servers are going on what, the sixth day now of not working for skirm/captain, so everyone is playing the casual gamemodes like seige where it gets picked all the time because it's exceptionally noob friendly there to spam 2H with no team damage, xbows are great for defense, looter peasant affords easy cav, etc.
That is why vlandia is so frustrating in siege, but they really need to fix skirm and captain servers, or better yet make private servers open.. The solution is simple

That is why vlandia is so frustrating in siege, but they really need to fix skirm and captain servers, or better yet make private servers open.. The solution is simple
Yeah, it's pretty annoying to play against Vlandia literally 75% of the time, they always seem to be defenders too so you're getting shot by ballista and xbows on approach before getting mobbed by four 2H sergeants spamming swings into eachother free of charge. Of course we wouldn't have to deal with this if they would fix the servers. Private servers might be here by 2060, fingers crossed.

(y) ENFORCE AUTOBALANCE AND RANDOM FACTIONS 2022 (y)
(map vote is fine)
((and also friendly fire.. we like friendly fire, friendly fire is good))
011517-torches-and-pitchforks.jpg

For A Better Game

Can a developer step in and make some statement regarding this issue? It's a really big deal for Siege and TDM modes.

Firstly, are you even aware of the balancing issues in Siege, TDM modes. So far your updates about rebalancing concerned Captain and Skirmish modes, which are mainly played by clans. Casual players come to Siege mostly, which in my opinion is the real mount&blade experience. But imbalance issues, after 2 years of game's release just push people away from even giving multiplayer chance. Many old multiplayer players, many friends don't even bother to come anymore, because nothing much has changed regarding the issues concerning us.

Would really appreciate it if you at least showed that you are aware of the problems and have plans to fix them.

(y) ENFORCE AUTOBALANCE AND RANDOM FACTIONS 2022 (y)
(map vote is fine)
((and also friendly fire.. we like friendly fire, friendly fire is good))
011517-torches-and-pitchforks.jpg

For A Better Game
I still think that if autobalance was to be enforced, we'd likely need to have match-up specific headcount ratios (mirror matches will always be 1:1), just cuz of TaleWorlds insisting on having certain imbalances in place.

Back
Top Bottom