Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

Users who are viewing this thread

It only accepts looters and bandits and I think mounted pillages and poachers (not sure), but if it's not taking them then it's a bug. It's not suppose to take any normal troops.
I took 36 looters and they were absent in POW's menu during changing with villager. Sometimes works correctly sometimes not. Right after download 1.7.1

* Lord's Hall serving as a location to easily contact people
* Feasts
* Minor Faction Bases
* Deserter + Manhunter neutral parties
* Spending money to get training in a skill
* Bandit Traps (surprise attacks in town)
* Noble Duels
* Escape fight after failing to sneak into a town
* Player-owned Criminal Enterprises in Alleys
All of these should be in Bannerlord before release or I will refund

All of these should be in Bannerlord before release or I will refund
This plus they should give one of the Tribes in Aseri curly hair and short stature.
They should be great merchants/slavers but crappy warriors. Have them go out of their way to betray the tribes around them and then eventually subvert other factions.

Make minor factions great again, please.

Theyre weaker than generic faction military which adds no spice.
Make them better. Make them pokemon that i want to catch.

No, they should simply remove the mercenary clans, they have no value for the game.
Bugger off m8. I love the merc groups and its historically accutate. It adds a lot of extra flavor to the game i just wish they have more value for how difficult it is to amass them.

@Emperor1997, I am fairly certain minor clans are used as a catch-up mechanic to help against steamrolling. I also would like them to be more than just that though.

Make minor factions great again, please.

Theyre weaker than generic faction military which adds no spice.
Make them better. Make them pokemon that i want to catch.
+1 Makes no sense to have these specialized, hard to get troops be weaker that the troop tree you can get at any village.

Perhaps minor faction bases was supposed to be a stronghold for all the minor factions, a place for them to stay, where players can recruit them and join them. Perhaps even, a way for them to conquer other minor faction bases, maybe even then, they'll be strong enough to conquer major factions. But I am only dreaming with ideas. Lol :xf-cry:

Perhaps minor faction bases was supposed to be a stronghold for all the minor factions, a place for them to stay, where players can recruit them and join them. Perhaps even, a way for them to conquer other minor faction bases, maybe even then, they'll be strong enough to conquer major factions. But I am only dreaming with ideas. Lol :xf-cry:
If we were trying to make fun game, each one (or most) would have base you could enter almost like a town, an npc vendor and leader you could talk to and special quests they could give you! Raising relation would give you access to their recruits and maybe even special rewards like special gear and mounts. Maybe this specials relation ship could even give you a leg up in hiring and retaining them when you make a faction! It'd be a really fun early game activity to tour around getting in good with the minor clans!

But sadly this topic was one of the ones that was met with "well we could but what does that add to the game?", I can't find the topic though, but I recall the "minor clan base" being shot down like that by @Duh_TaleWorlds IIRC. And yeah, we don't just want a literal base on the map with nothing to do, we want some content to go with it! The same is true for every other fief on the map too but not having content didn't stop TW form adding them. They could just be a dot on the map and the menu with so few thing actually using the map inside.
Oh I found it after all.
I have no strong opinion on them. I don't know their original design or the reason for their removal. I can see that they may add some additional points of interest to the map (permanent point of contact, opportunity for recruitment) but may also not be straight forward to pull off in a worthwhile fashion. (Is it pure menu/dialogue interaction or would they require a new scene per location? Base game locations are still WIP. Do they serve any other purpose than what i mentioned earlier? Do kingdoms have to go after them if they are at war with the minor faction? If so, what consequences does their clearing bring with it? I'm sure some solution could be found to KISS... but well, just like capitols, that may not be what you specifically are looking for.)
It's not as negative as I remember but still. And I want good sword sisters still!

I've always thought the mercenary clans, as corporate entities... need secretaries, notaries, scribes, payroll clerks, lawyers etc to manage their affairs. They should have support staff. At the very least, they should have an agent that acts as the link between them and their clients. This is how many late medieval professional companies would have operated.

This could just be represented in game by a single person in a particular town, like the other local notables and gang bosses. For the mercenary clans this person could be titled an Agent Notary, for the tribal clans that person could be a Tribal Ambassador or Legate. They could be situated in culturally appropriate towns, and reliably present so you don't have to chase them.

You could go to them, talk to them, and negotiate a price with them. If they were already engaged, you might also want to up the price.

If we were trying to make fun game, each one (or most) would have base you could enter almost like a town, an npc vendor and leader you could talk to and special quests they could give you! Raising relation would give you access to their recruits and maybe even special rewards like special gear and mounts. Maybe this specials relation ship could even give you a leg up in hiring and retaining them when you make a faction! It'd be a really fun early game activity to tour around getting in good with the minor clans!

But sadly this topic was one of the ones that was met with "well we could but what does that add to the game?", I can't find the topic though, but I recall the "minor clan base" being shot down like that by @Duh_TaleWorlds IIRC. And yeah, we don't just want a literal base on the map with nothing to do, we want some content to go with it! The same is true for every other fief on the map too but not having content didn't stop TW form adding them. They could just be a dot on the map and the menu with so few thing actually using the map inside.
Oh I found it after all.

It's not as negative as I remember but still. And I want good sword sisters still!
Sorry to say this but I disagree with duh, seems kinda lazy, didn't attempt to solve the solution, just dumped it in the trash.

I like your point of having like a town, where you can interact with them. Adding uniqueness to the game, with unique quest. Each of the minor clans would have objectives to achieve, perhaps getting rid of a minor clan, finding some kind of loot, idk, just a top of my head.

I've always thought the mercenary clans, as corporate entities... need secretaries, notaries, scribes, payroll clerks, lawyers etc to manage their affairs. They should have support staff. At the very least, they should have an agent that acts as the link between them and their clients. This is how many late medieval professional companies would have operated.

This could just be represented in game by a single person in a particular town, like the other local notables and gang bosses. For the mercenary clans this person could be titled an Agent Notary, for the tribal clans that person could be a Tribal Ambassador or Legate. They could be situated in culturally appropriate towns, and reliably present so you don't have to chase them.

You could go to them, talk to them, and negotiate a price with them. If they were already engaged, you might also want to up the price.
See this is what I mean, TW's need to brainstorm these ideas, and not just dumping and saying, "Is it pure menu/dialogue interaction or would they require a new scene per location?"

Sooo what if they require new scenes, I mean they have soo many other scenes for each fief, with NOTHING to do. By all means, don't bother with making new scenes, just have menu dialogues, at least a better way to interact with them, instead of finding them of the map.

Sorry if I sound a bit annoyed, lol.

1.7.0 has something worth missing the cities of Calardia expanded mod, as this mod is still at version 1.6.4.?

i have seen minor factions become regular kingdom clans, not sure if this is an error.
What if each minor faction has the option to become a regular clan in the players kingdom. Only 1 minor faction as to not be OP.
certain requirements have to be met:
- high relationship
- special quests succeeded (be gifted special armor + the option to recruit units through dialogue)
- Offer them a town or castle in the area where they lore wise reside.

Afterwards:
de culture of only this castle or town changes to the minor faction, which makes it possible to recruit their units there.

Back
Top Bottom