Marriage Proposal retry? (Lord/not wife Edition)

Users who are viewing this thread

jet

Recruit
So.. basically. I tried to offer the hand of my brother in marriage for lady arwa by talking to her clan leader on winter 6, couldnt afford it (couldnt even see how much he wanted for it. I couldnt even offer anything else to compensate, such as horses but ok) so the proposal was considered cancelled. I then gained denars in a nearby city by selling off a bunch of stuff and came back now the option is no longer there. I waited 6 days and by winter 12 the option is still no longer available. I really fear Its locked forever now.

Assuming the cooldown isnt something crazy like a year and then itll show again it doesnt seem fair to lock the player out for not having enough denars if the game doesnt tell you how much they expect beforehand. If im wrong please correct me. The AI should either tell me how much he wants beforehand, have a low cooldown for the failure, or something to offset this behavior. Specially since she could end up married in that time and all that effort end up for naught.

You are wrong. Consider it the penalty for being no-house, walking-the-dog, dead-broke street trash who has the sheer effrontery to ask for a noble's daughter's hand in marriage when your clan cannot put together the denars needed to buy her.

You are wrong. Consider it the penalty for being no-house, walking-the-dog, dead-broke street trash who has the sheer effrontery to ask for a noble's daughter's hand in marriage when your clan cannot put together the denars needed to buy her.
youre wrong. after enough skill your character should have an idea at least for how much value corresponds to her rank

Assuming the cooldown isnt something crazy like a year and then itll show again it doesnt seem fair to lock the player out for not having enough denars if the game doesnt tell you how much they expect beforehand. If im wrong please correct me. The AI should either tell me how much he wants beforehand, have a low cooldown for the failure, or something to offset this behavior. Specially since she could end up married in that time and all that effort end up for naught.
I don't think it's locked. I think Barter offers have like a two week cooldown, maybe a month or something like that. Not sure since I generally don't bother with it. All I know is they nerfed it so you can't barter very often, it's pretty long since I've failed some persuasion attempts by not having enough money and even after some time it was still "too recent". You may need to wait a month. (Also use Auto Offer in middle to get an idea of the cost)

Most marriages are just a few thousand denars, most expensive one I had was 50,000ish and that's only cause my relations was pretty bad (-30 or -50)

At least I assume it's like most Barter transactions. Might be like the courting process where if you eff up it's over.

Also Lords/Ladies will only offer the hand of their oldest unmarried clan member, even if that's themselves apparently.

i.e. even though I wanted to marry my sister to Pharon's son, apparently because Pharon's wife is dead now, he considers himself still available at age 81. I know historically that isn't unheard, but dude... well guess I could be a sleeze and marry off my 30-something sister for those political gains heh.

CPZ7IA5.png

This sucks a little. I play sandbox for the first time and try to marry off my 20 year old son but no matter which lord I ask for a marriage they offer me 45+ old women altough they would have other daughters / family members who aren't married and aged 18-25.... How am I supposed to get my house full of granddaughters and grandsons when lords keep offering me old infertile maids and kepp their young blood for themselves ? D:

Is there a way to make them change their offered family member or do they rotate after some time?

They always offer the oldest suitable partner if I remember correctly. Maybe you can arrange the marriage and cancel it, then try to marry again so they offer the next available option. Save before you test this though!

Back
Top Bottom